What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

IMG_20210913_013837.jpg

VFSD ventral fuel sink duct / bypass duct
Hi mam, what is a vfsd to begin with......
Is it a necessity to pass it through the nose of the aircraft ?
IMG_20210911_040527.jpg

And if the requirement isn't for it to pass through the nose. Would it be to cool off the electronics ?

Dual phase cooling is highly efficient for cooling aesas. It also suggests that the radar required a decent cooling solution. I'm talking about klj7A
Or it could be coolant coming in from one side and going out from the other, but to where and from where?

I asked a sq leadr frnd who is an engineer and works on JF17. He told me what the pipe is for but i am not going to share it here 😂. Let it run for 100 more pages.
My guess: The pipe is coming from the engine compressor. IMO high pressure compressed air from engine compressor is being used to run mini turbine - compressor combo for the liquid coolant used in heat exchanger. In addition to this arrangement, there is also another possibility that this high compressed air might also being used (venturi effect) for cooling purpose.

Dual-phase cooling.
Assuming 1100TRM and peak power of GaN at 10w.. that’s 11kw peak and averaging 1.1kw with heat dissipation needed usually 1:4.. unless I am getting some basics wrong.

So the RD-93 can manage that much?

Considering that the twin AL-31s on the MKi need to generate close to 17kw max for their PESA? Maybe I am mistaken on the figures
Dual phase cooling is highly efficient for cooling aesas. It also suggests that the radar required a decent cooling solution. I'm talking about klj7A
Coolanol or PAO coolant?

Interestly, I read that at high off boresight angles AESAs are worse off than a MSA which is where the swashplate came in for newer proposed AESAs.
so total 3 crashes in 8 years ?
Yes -
1st was structural failure
2nd was CFIT
3rd is reportedly bird strike

Assuming 1100TRM and peak power of GaN at 10w.. that’s 11kw peak and averaging 1.1kw with heat dissipation needed usually 1:4.. unless I am getting some basics wrong.

Considering that the twin AL-31s on the MKi need to generate close to 17kw max for their PESA? Maybe I am mistaken on the figures

Coolanol or PAO coolant?

Interestly, I read that at high off boresight angles AESAs are worse off than a MSA which is where the swashplate came in for newer proposed AESAs.

Yes -
2nd was CFIT
And that's why the speculation that a better engne may be used for Blk 3

Coolanol or PAO coolant?

Yes -
2nd was CFIT
Per a catic source zhuhai 18 the export customer opted for swashplate aesa.

Back
Top Bottom