What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Just a simple unknown pipe going through Block-III airframe towards front section, made me to realize that despite of my uncle, brother, cousin, neighbour, father, sister, son or daughter in PAC and even my engineering (PhD x aviation experience)x, its just cluelessness all around.
View attachment 777150

So if I start to learn something instead of being in box of "I know it all", I can however progress or at-least saving myself from unnecessary explanations. SO, I realized that to learn and accurately point something new; let's do it like a child.... nothing in mind like I know it all and just start with pointing it out.

@ everyone since the topic is getting dull, lets just say that how many differences can you spot externally. No worries for angle or anything. Pen down any different you see whether minor or big or even apparently not important if you think but say it. Let's just say, I don't know everything but I can learn something.

Without S. No.

View attachment 777139

View attachment 777142

Block-III S. No. 3000

View attachment 777141

View attachment 777140

Block-III 3001

View attachment 777143

View attachment 777144

And the recently shared picture of unknown S. No.

View attachment 777146
its radiator pipe sir hot water to to from radiator cool down and go back to engine :rofl:

Just a simple unknown pipe going through Block-III airframe towards front section, made me to realize that despite of my uncle, brother, cousin, neighbour, father, sister, son or daughter in PAC and even my engineering (PhD x aviation experience)x, its just cluelessness all around.
View attachment 777150

So if I start to learn something instead of being in box of "I know it all", I can however progress or at-least saving myself from unnecessary explanations. SO, I realized that to learn and accurately point something new; let's do it like a child.... nothing in mind like I know it all and just start with pointing it out.

@ everyone since the topic is getting dull, lets just say that how many differences can you spot externally. No worries for angle or anything. Pen down any different you see whether minor or big or even apparently not important if you think but say it. Let's just say, I don't know everything but I can learn something.

Without S. No.

View attachment 777139

View attachment 777142

Block-III S. No. 3000

View attachment 777141

View attachment 777140

Block-III 3001

View attachment 777143

View attachment 777144

View attachment 777146
Is blk 3 really taller or is it an optical illusion?

Is blk 3 really taller or is it an optical illusion?

Previously, the same argument couldn't be concluded on a fruitful note hence, my intention to post most of available pictures to attract members interest along with their expertise to point out any differences. IMO, since Block-III itself is going through testing phases & we have no clear picture of finalized bird therefore, instead of comparing the one with Block-II, I shared these pictures so that we can firstly emphasis on changing within PTs and then, as the picture of inducted Block-III becomes available, we can then compare to Block-II with all the external changes.

Previously, the same argument couldn't be concluded on a fruitful note hence, my intention to post most of available pictures to attract members interest along with their expertise to point out any differences. IMO, since Block-III itself is going through testing phases & we have no clear picture of finalized bird therefore, instead of comparing the one with Block-II, I shared these pictures so that we can firstly emphasis on changing within PTs and then, as the picture of inducted Block-III becomes available, we can then compare to Block-II with all the external changes.
May I ask, what your PhD is in? General area if you dont want to be specific.. Thanks.

View attachment 777150

Without S. No.

View attachment 777139

View attachment 777142

Block-III S. No. 3000

View attachment 777141

View attachment 777140

Block-III 3001

View attachment 777143

View attachment 777144

View attachment 777146
That pipe comes in my nightmares.....
One sleepless night was enough... Mere anay wali 3 naslo kee tauba

IMO everything is finaluzed and in production but we simply are lagging 1-2 yrs behind in news

View attachment 777150

Without S. No.

View attachment 777139

View attachment 777142

Block-III S. No. 3000

View attachment 777141

View attachment 777140

Block-III 3001

View attachment 777143

View attachment 777144

View attachment 777146

Poor Indians will use this and say, Dekho pipe ko tape se jora hua hai, hence proved JF is not a capable fighter haha

IMO everything is finaluzed and in production but we simply are lagging 1-2 yrs behind in news
iYou are 9n mark with point of lack of news in public domain. Agreed. That's the point where many tends to believe that the project is facing some sort of lagging.
May I ask, what your PhD is in? General area if you dont want to be specific.. Thanks.

People, the thought process of a person and the intention or motive of any action. To be precisely, I don't always believe what it appears to be. And I don't make others life a hell merely because what I believe.

Last edited:
I think by end of 2021 we will have a large hand over ceremony to PAF of a dozen units

its become custom and tradition now to finish the year very strong and show strength at end of the year

is the video of these images out yet ?

Interesting topic about internals however doubt that it is tied to a cooling system , as the heat centric parts of plane are at rear of the Fighter Jet.

Plane once up in air the Air Temperature drops naturally

Most likely it is just a portion of the refueling pod , fuel is transported thru it to the fuel Tanks from front to rear. The manufacturing material appears to resemble the fuel carry-on pods for jets

Since the item has been reviewed and introduced by experts I do not have any concern about it

I am looking forward to the actual Electronics Upgrade on the Jet

• New Radar
  • New HUDs
  • New Helmet Mounted Targeting System
  • Improved Avionics Package ,with USB to plug in music device

Interesting topic about internals however doubt that it is tied to a cooling system , as the heat centric parts of plane are at rear of the Fighter Jet.

Plane once up in air the Air Temperature drops naturally
Dude you do remember how electronics generate a lot of heat right? In fact its fair to say electronics generally hate heat. However IIRC Air cooled equipment has lower MTBF an takes less space. However it might be a case of least problematic.

On A side note I would love for the JF to get a HAVE GLASS paint job. Wack down the RCS...

Last edited:
Damn thread is so non constructive it is amazing how pathetic the discussion going on here is! How negative thinking Pakistanis are and what the hell we have become! Its just appalling! 🤦‍♂️
Moreover, this thread would not be sparking any interest in the youth whatsoever, who are in a position to choose today, if they want to study anything about aviation or not. The few people who claim to have studied or know a bit more about technical stuff are busy fighting and feeding their egos, being super petty! No one is thinking highly about any of you!

I mean we are discussing random pipes in pictures taken from a YouTube video, with grainy quality and our Einsteins are busy discussing what these pipes are for? As if you guys have designed several aircrafts and can recognise all the pipes that were ever fitted to any aircraft from a mile away? 🤷‍♂️

You guys are just weird! 😐

Damn thread is so non constructive it is amazing how pathetic the discussion going on here is! How negative thinking Pakistanis are and what the hell we have become! Its just appalling! 🤦‍♂️
Moreover, this thread would not be sparking any interest in the youth whatsoever, who are in a position to choose today, if they want to study anything about aviation or not. The few people who claim to have studied or know a bit more about technical stuff are busy fighting and feeding their egos, being super petty! No one is thinking highly about any of you!

I mean we are discussing random pipes in pictures taken from a YouTube video, with grainy quality and our Einsteins are busy discussing what these pipes are for? As if you guys have designed several aircrafts and can recognise all the pipes that were ever fitted to any aircraft from a mile away? 🤷‍♂️

Well, nobody forced you to come here and write this long comment.
Including myself, people enjoy this type of speculative discussion.
You don't like it, don't join in.

Welcome to the world of JF-17 Nerds. We are out and proud.

Back
Top Bottom