What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

only thing I am skeptical about liquid cooling is the absence of second part of plumbing of liquid cooling cycle .... I mean there must be 2 pipes 1 one to take liquid into heat exchanger and the other part to take the heated liquid out

View attachment 776819

Plz also Note Plumbing Arrangement is not entering in to nase section but tilting downward.
View attachment 776815
Why don't you bring this to the block 3 discussion thread ?

Why don't you bring this to the block 3 discussion thread ?
I only posted it after @Dazzler quoted my post here, beside I am still trying to think what these new arrangement could be .... ???

I am still not sure and find myself not agree with the idea that this new pipe is related to liquid cooling ....

I only posted it after @Dazzler quoted my post here, beside I am still trying to think what these new arrangement could be .... ???

I am still not sure and find myself not agree with the idea that these new pipe is related to liquid cooling ....
I like your post, I meant it would be more relevant there and data would be less scattered.... Please make another one in B3 Thread...

B with liquid cooling pipe?
View attachment 776813

only thing I am skeptical about liquid cooling is the absence of second part of plumbing of liquid cooling cycle .... I mean there must be 2 pipes 1 one to take liquid into heat exchanger and the other part to take the heated liquid out

2P-80B (620)[5-9-2021]-2e-1a.jpg

Plz also Note Plumbing Arrangement is not entering into nose section but tilting downward.

Commander Iraqi Air Force Major General (Pilot) Shihab Jahid Ali Shakarchi,Visit to PAC[13Octo...jpg

I doubt this new plumbing arrangement is related to liquid cooling of AESA radar as posted in the quoted post above, but I think there is a possibility we are seeing arrangements related to OBOG system as previously rumoured for Bravo and Blk-III .....

JF-17 BLK-III 3P-03 [5-9-2021]-1e2.jpg

Gentlemen comment about the possibility ....

Questions asked from former air force Chief Sohail Aman on twitter space 2 days ago:
How would you rate JF 17 block 1 to 3 and J10c out of 10 numbers. His answer was.
JF 17 block 1& 2: 6/10
JF17 block 3 : 8/10
J10c : 8.5/10
and also said he would buy more JF17 block 3 instead of j10c and number of JF17 block 3 will go beyond 50 and all block 1&2 will be upgraded to block 3 standard.
Don't let the 0.5 point difference fool you. J-10C has a different flight envelope & that really matters a good deal. If PAF can not look for more F-16 aircrafts then the only logical choice is J-10CE. JF-17 Block III will struggle against a mixed strike package. Having J-10CE will ensure that IAF would think a hundred times before committing to an adventure. Also, do remember that any future Chinese A2A missiles would readily be integrated on J-10CE, while JF-17 would need a more lengthy integration period. The only deal-breaker would be lack of significant financing help in acquiring J-10CE keeping in view current state of Pakistan's economy.

I doubt this new plumbing arrangement is related to liquid cooling of AESA radar as posted in the quoted post above, but I think there is a possibility we are seeing arrangements related to OBOG system as previously rumoured for Bravo and Blk-III .....

View attachment 776829

1:50 onwards.... Duct for the ECSs' heat exchanger... If you consider the design being somewhat similar...

View attachment 776819

Plz also Note Plumbing Arrangement is not entering into nose section but tilting downward.

View attachment 776815
One can not make any significant inference from this. The return pipe could be on the other side; or the same pipe could be ferrying cooling liquid to-and-fro, something HVAC professionals are well-familiar with.

This really needed to be in JF-17 Block III thread, & I hope a moderator would move these posts there.

Don't let the 0.5 point difference fool you. J-10C has a different flight envelope & that really matters a good deal. If PAF can not look for more F-16 aircrafts then the only logical choice is J-10CE. JF-17 Block III will struggle against a mixed strike package. Having J-10CE will ensure that IAF would think a hundred times before committing to an adventure. Also, do remember that any future Chinese A2A missiles would readily be integrated on J-10CE, while JF-17 would need a more lengthy integration period. The only deal-breaker would be lack of significant financing help in acquiring J-10CE keeping in view current state of Pakistan's economy.
But j10 will not be a game changer..it will not give pakistan upper hand.
A game changer will be either block 70/typhoon with AESA or chinese JXX

If the JF-17s fuel tank is also like a bladder then the green coating makes no sense as some claim it to be special sealant.
> Either for identification purposes
> Special primer for better cohesion with specific material, different alloy of aluminum even.
> Different machining or heat treatment/resistance.
( Please don't fight )

I've been reviewing almost every thread and pics on the JFT with green surfaces. These identify strengthened materials being used compared to prior models. That could mean a few things and is normal in aircraft manufacturing, Green could identify a "fixed" surface issue, or, clear for more loading. Here are the potential meanings of this "green' color (every air force pics it's own color scheme):
1) A surface area showing through historical analysis to be "weak" (cracks, bents, easily dented) and thus requires fixing in the future blocks with additional material strength.

2) Stronger materials / composited used to allow for heavier operation (whether carrying weapons when used on wings, or, in general, requiring longer life in a certain area).

3) These small patches have nothing to do with fuel. Aircrafts don't use "buckets". It uses tanks and with heavy quantity. Some of the green surfaces are too small and just external skin fixes, vs. housing more fuel inside.

what I’ll say is, my guess is that this is not a joint venture, simply because of it was, PAC wouldn’t have tried to source components from a third party, rather, they’d have contacted their partner, in this case either turkey or China to source components, instead of releasing a public tender for them. While yes, tenders can be ‘tailored’ to certain vendors, I’ll cast a doubt on that being the situation here.

the domestic aesa is however not a license production of the klj-7a rather, an indigenous design (based off of my guess and the info I have), with ir being worked on mostly alone, and having components that can’t be produced domestically, be sourced from abroad,I.e t/r modules.

@JamD @Bilal Khan (Quwa) does this sound/look right?

View attachment 776829

I want to add a bit given the discussion and the subjected piping.

In my opinion, it is indeed molded but not going downward rather folded for adjustment to inside. Secondly, we may need to understand that it is not necessary for the liquid cooling pipe to go all the way towards nose where AESA antenna is located. By the look and shape of it with the possibility of liquid cooling pipe; seems like a bit molded for an adjustment per airframe and then connect the same with Heat Exchange Unit (HEU) placed behind the plate that holds AESA antenna in front of it. Assumingly, heat exchanger unit does have in & out connections to redirect cold & heat in process to maintain temperature. Those in/out connections will be located with heat exchange unit and not directly with front AESA antenna. AESA antenna heat is being exchanged with HEU itself.

So basically, it may be the HEU as a hub for temperature maintenance connected with Incoming Liquid cooling pipe & exchange piping of AESA Antenna. Rest of the chipsets creating less heat may be cooled with Air. In all, it may be a hybrid cooling solution. Or, I think I have mentioned earlier as well that it is with liquid cooling for main heat producer, air cooling for less heating equipment along with heat absorbing material plate.

1631278996436.png

Side view 1 for reference: Think this is the airframe wherein, units are placed. A seemingly pipe connection is visible rising from back of the unit most probably from the same side of airframe as above, and connected.
1631278661419.png

BACK VIEW 2: Back of the AESA plate showing heat exchange piping connection right in front of HEU.

1631278530962.png

However, what I assume by looking at the picture of airframe (your post) it seems like AESA equipment to be placed right behind the plate while the subjected pipe is bending inwards at the area which is further away from AESA equipment bay. Confused, though.

I can be wrong totally on above account of possible liquid cooling piping. Couldn't find much in regard to OBOGS fitting as such. However, there are layman like me wiling to learn & understand something as such as highlighted. The post may be treated like push to attract comments from knowledge/informed members.

View attachment 776829

Oxygen generator us just a small chemical cylinder. Doesn't need such extensive plumbing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom