What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

It has , Because that increases the off bore sight azimuth massively.
That's something which could have trumped Rafale and it's super maneuvering.
Wow, bro. Now, it's offbore azimuth. And then Supermaneuvering Rafale! Carry on, please. You're invincible.

Judging by its shape, it might need a redesign of nose cone as follows....
Wouldn't it suck up alot more power as well? The only other such system I know of is the N036 Byelka of the Su-57. The beaming tactic possibility sounds pretty cool but each side panel AESA of that thing has as much as 1/3 T/R modules as of the main radar. If the same kinda system was adopted in the JF-17, the engine power would've been bled dry I think. Do correct me if I'm wrong, here to learn anyway.

Wow, bro. Now, it's offbore azimuth. And then Supermaneuvering Rafale! Carry on, please. You're invincible.
Azimuth = arc of the horizon.
Super Maneuvering = in comparison to JF-17. Rafale can run circles around JF-17 any day, and off bore sight capabilities are important for JF-17 against Rafale scenario.

Invincible = No I am not.

Wouldn't it suck up alot more power as well? The only other such system I know of is the N036 Byelka of the Su-57. The beaming tactic possibility sounds pretty cool but each side panel AESA of that thing has as much as 1/3 T/R modules as of the main radar. If the same kinda system was adopted in the JF-17, the engine power would've been bled dry I think. Do correct me if I'm wrong, here to learn anyway.

For a starter, I was particularly pointing to the shape of it. Indeed, having more eTRMs and panels, will need more power adding it to the contender list for engine with large power output. Case in point, 5th Gen shape is what it is designed around or at-least such nose.

Not available

Last edited:
BLK 52's do have JHMCS along with some MLU's as well.
Correct, however my indication was the combo of Aim-9X along with the JHMCS. PAF operates the older versions of the AIM-9, not the AIM-9X.

Another point that will most likely be overlooked in this discussion is the turn around time of the thunder. As far as sources of well reputed members have reported that thunder does enjoy a relatively low turn around time, if true for the block III, it would mean an advanced platform with AESA and advanced weapons such as the PL-10 & 15, up in the skies to challenge any intrusion.

AESA are never entirely air cooled. These are monolithic microwave ICs. That would be dangerous. My thoughts are similar to APG-79. We should'nt be over-excited over AESA.

Air to Air refueling line can be seen close to rear of Cockpit. The line under the cockpit goes all the way to the front which doesn't house any IFR connection.
View attachment 776212

Last edited:
AESA are never entirely air cooled. These are monolithic microwave ICs. That would be dangerous. My thoughts are similar to APG-79. We should'nt be over-excited over AESA.

Question previously you mentioned you'll be on PDF for a short while, is it due to some members or professional duties?

The new argument came as some sort of hybrid cooling. I was replying to the member specifically in line with that alleged piping goes under cockpit towards nose/front section. However, a question just kicks in that, by looking at shoae and space of Block-III front section and the Technical details you might know about hybrid cooling for an AESA, what do you suggest? A simple Liquid cooled KLJ7A or the hybrid one?????

But, but I must say that we are already up-to a home made AESA be it with the help of friends still ours by many aspects.

Wing structure up close
Screenshot_2021-09-08-02-45-54-65.jpg

Mashallah, honestly looking at this makes me proud of our boys they've come a long way and I'm saying this with tears in my eyes. Be it our corrupt leaders and all, but damn we are good! :-)
Their is no doubt in my mind that Pakistan and our people are meant for a special purpose from Allah and Inshallah we'll fulfill our role in this world.

Back
Top Bottom