What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

AESA is liquid cooled.

1630985773368.jpeg

Oh well why didn't you say that in the first place, if there is a fuel tank near the back seat of a car, then there must be a fuel tank in the cockpit of the JF-17! :)
I don't know why you guys are trying to argue with someone who is unwilling to learn or accept his mistake.
I mean forget the sides of the cockpit, if we were to go by some of the lines of reasoning being provided, it would mean Mirage 2000s stores fuel in front of the cockpit as well, right behind the radar and avionics!!
You can take a horse to the water, but you can not force it to drink.

1630996114359.png

It says that this is likely the third aircraft of the third batch, the pipes look like they carry cooling liquid for avionics, and the area that has been covered are likely heat exchangers.
As a radar is a high heat emitter, it needs to be cooled.
The heat extraction quality is important in the radar performance. Not surprisingly liquid cooled.

Was really hoping PAF would give us something more than a tease 6-7th Sept, but their urge for :cray:secrecy.

Anybody with video, we missed the program and now finding the details no where. Anybody can help here with video link please.

I wonder why wasnt ground clearence improved..may be the space penalty for large gear was too much

Jf17 needs a more fuel/ endurance especially with the new engine rd93ma
It’s easier to design a missile around a plane vs a plane around a missile.
The Ra'ad is also an old ALCM design, even by our standards. The design traits of the Ra'ad-2 (e.g., 'X'-tail) seem to point towards JF-17 integration (eventually).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom