What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Or the fuel line for air to air refueling probe?

Air to Air refueling line can be seen close to rear of Cockpit. The line under the cockpit goes all the way to the front which doesn't house any IFR connection.
1631023159583.png

Not that it matters, but I am not happy about Block 3 not using that other AESA with side panels.
That could have given JF 17 the Losck on after firing capability.

Not that it matters, but I am not happy about Block 3 not using that other AESA with side panels.
Is it still needed when aircraft are flying in formations? Using datalinks and aew&c support? Also the aew&c can provide cooperative engagement capability so why is it needed?

You have a small plane on an even smaller budget. Think of what you can buy and what the Chinese will sell you. Secondly think of space and energy considerations. Lastly whatever has been bought has been assembled locally which for us is huge news. You do not want a very complex system which the provider wont sell to you or is so expensive that you cannot buy it and the Chinese will certainly not let you have TOT on their latest system. Lastly multipanel AESA is not used elsewhere either as no one knows how effective they are. There has been talk of distortion of image so it is maturing technology.
A

Difference in mounting of the Block 3 vs Block 2. ... interesting the plate/slot fits in with the LKF601E AESA radar ( I have been re-educated by men in black suites and glasses) ... the plate fits the KLJ-7A
View attachment 776030

View attachment 776033

View attachment 776035
Just adding a complete picture for the ease of viewers and understand the plate on airframe fitted with AESA.

1631028219396.png

Judging by its shape, it might need a redesign of nose cone as follows....

1631028040499.png

1631028597056.png

The Ra'ad is also an old ALCM design, even by our standards. The design traits of the Ra'ad-2 (e.g., 'X'-tail) seem to point towards JF-17 integration (eventually).
If central poitn can carry more fuel it would help in antiship missions(2 c802)
Currently 800l tank is carried. A 1100l tank will help in endurance

Lock on after launch has got nothing to do with a side panel AESA.

While many upgrades have already been mentioned regarding the block-III, it would be quite interesting to see the PL-10 & HMD combo aboard the BLK-III and its effectiveness in close, considering how PAF wasn't able to get the AIM-9X with the JHMCS on the block-52's. Add to that the more powerful RD-93MA and it would be very interesting to see the results.
BLK 52's do have JHMCS along with some MLU's as well.

Back
Top Bottom