What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

On April 18, 2010, FC-1 with WS-13 engine made its maiden flight.

Well this is the brief summary of the post but then after we haven't heard much in this regard. @messiach does it remain to testing and maturity back then but nothing come forth? @Oscar

It has been in small scale production already.

Is it safe to assume that WS-13 is going through final validation or all has been done & cleared for production? Small Scale could also mean that to final test on more than one platforms before full production.

Well this is the brief summary of the post but then after we haven't heard much in this regard. @messiach does it remain to testing and maturity back then but nothing come forth? @Oscar

WS 19 engine just came online.

Does anyone know its specs.

Considering that WS 13 was used by JF-17 and J-31, can PAF use WS-19 in JF-17 in the future iteration? (if it has similar dimension as WS-13)

But China is working on WS-13E.

That's what I was expecting to read. WS-13E was discussed (not credible) as supposed to be offered against RD-93. However, then it came to knowledge that Russians are working on RD-93MA. So a lot of names made it to discussion hence, mostly lost the track. However, WS-13E was lastly I remember favoured to offer for FC-1/JF-17.

WS 19 engine just came online.

Does anyone know its specs.

Considering that WS 13 was used by JF-17 and J-31, can PAF use WS-19 in JF-17 in the future iteration? (if it has similar dimension as WS-13)

WS-19 is suppose to power J-20, too big for JF-17 as the chatter suggests. Not needed.

...can PAF use WS-19 in JF-17 in the future iteration? (if it has similar dimension as WS-13)
I doubt it since its designed for the FC-31/J-31.

china+J-31+fifth+generation+stealth,+naval+carrier+aircraft+prototype+People's+Liberation+Army+Air+Force++OPERATIONAL+weapons+aam+bvr+missile+ls+pgm+gps+plaaf+test+flightf-22+1+pl-12+10+21+(12).jpg

WS-19.jpg

Back
Top Bottom