What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

No, WS-19 is not for J-20.

I was merely assuming and TBH with you, I am not good with Chinese language.

On your post, looking at WS-13 being tested on FC-1/JF-17 & then similarly interested for FC-31, highlights the co-relation of both platforms in regard to same engine.

in what ways is the WS13 better than the RD93?

don't know about technical aspects but politically it means no reliance on Russians in case they change their mood towards India on supplying the engines

I was merely assuming and TBH with you, I am not good with Chinese language.

On your post, looking at WS-13 being tested on FC-1/JF-17 & then similarly interested for FC-31, highlights the co-relation of both platforms in regard to same engine.
China's new generation fighters can't depend on foreign engines.
J-20 and FC-31 would use WS-10 and WS-13 temporarily, before WS-15 and WS-19 are ready.

Discussion moved here since it is a developing update and can be related to JF-17 Block-III.

JF-17 can use WS-19 in the future, if PAF needs.

So that suggests couple of more years when the engine is validated & confirm for production.

don't know about technical aspects but politically it means no reliance on Russians in case they change their mood towards India on supplying the engines

Hi,

What I know of---russia just does not change its position like that---. They already have an established platform for that engine---the JF17---.

The aircraft is selling---multiple customers operating it and inline to buy---. Pakistan is a happy customer---. Rosoboronexport/Klimov are not walking away---. There will be a tooth and nail fight between RD93 and WS13---.

Last edited:
TK-31

204706cdha7agzgggd30m0.gif

DF-740mUwAA7ovA.jpg

DF83pQgUMAAj06U.jpg

DF81i7MU0AA0TBv.jpg

Translation (below): @LKJ86 @wanglaokan

DF9uMGLU0AATWth.jpg
<-- It is from AVIC
@LKJ86 could you translate the above document

I doubt it since its designed for the FC-31/J-31.

china+J-31+fifth+generation+stealth,+naval+carrier+aircraft+prototype+People's+Liberation+Army+Air+Force++OPERATIONAL+weapons+aam+bvr+missile+ls+pgm+gps+plaaf+test+flightf-22+1+pl-12+10+21+(12).jpg

View attachment 553761

Yes, read that previously.

However, the reason I said that was that both Thunder and J-31 can use WS-13.

So there is a chance that a future iteration of JF-17 can use WS-19 (considering J-31 uses two engines of RD-93/ WS-13 dimensions).

Hi,

What I know of---russia just does not change its position like that---. They already have an established platform for that engine---the JF17---.

The aircraft is selling---multiple customers operating it and inline to buy---. Pakistan is a happy customer---. Rosobornexport/Klimov are not walking away---. There will be a tooth and nail fight between RD93 and WS13---.
At least, it is a good news to JF-17 and PAF.

@LKJ86 could you translate the above document
It is not a easy job.

These turbines & derivative turbines have been available for a while now. Reasons are diplomatik & therefore subject to ongoing political developments. Both Pak and China are interested to involve Russia in multitude of future military programs.

Well this is the brief summary of the post but then after we haven't heard much in this regard. @messiach does it remain to testing and maturity back then but nothing come forth? @Oscar

These turbines & derivative turbines have been available for a while now. Reasons are diplomatik & therefore subject to ongoing political developments. Both Pak and China are interested to involve Russia in multitude of future military programs.

One of the key points and noted. We are hopeful of troika and recent events added more cement to it for which, few had the idea as well.

Back
Top Bottom