What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Second prototype in China

Meanwhile
View attachment 723345
Fan? Or official ?
Blk 3 will provide true air dominance in the sub continent theatre. The klj-7A also triumphs the RBE Aesa in TR count, around1100 vs 856 modules. The ew management system in blk 3 is on another level. The cockpit has a single large display similar to the one in F-35. Dual launch rails can mount bvr and wvr in tandem depending upon mission requirements. HMDS is there as well.
We still dont know about the engine fuel and endurance numbers

JF17 will need more juice to stay longer in air..
It needs the rd93MA and 3000kg fuel rather then rd93 & 2400kg fuel. This will allow it effectively use 4-6BVRs

I hope not. Rather, I hope the PAF pushes the JF-17 output to 200-250 aircraft (as opposed to an off-the-shelf fighter).
I think we are pretty sure that off-the-shelf is a majboori to get the tech and we're trying to do what we can with our limited money. I thought the limitation would mean restricting the numbers to 50, not reducing to 30. Not sure what's going on at this point.

I think we are pretty sure that off-the-shelf is a majboori to get the tech and we're trying to do what we can with our limited money. I thought the limitation would mean restricting the numbers to 50, not reducing to 30. Not sure what's going on at this point.
This is the cost of not taking Kentron up on this offer in 1999.

God knows how outsiders are going twist our arms and wrists on Project AZM or the PN's 'Submarine Producing' ambitions. I don't know what to say anymore; we could not even mandate local sourcing in the auto-market (despite being a big market), so what are we expecting for national security?

This is the cost of not taking Kentron up on this offer in 1999.

God knows how outsiders are going twist our arms and wrists on Project AZM or the PN's 'Submarine Producing' ambitions.
PAF in the 2000's: The US is unreliable as a source of defence equipment, no worries we can always buy from elsewhere
PAF in the 2020's: Everyone is an unreliable source of defence equipment, better have some core competencies

PAF in the 2000's: The US is unreliable as a source of defence equipment, no worries we can always buy from elsewhere
PAF in the 2020's: Everyone is an unreliable source of defence equipment, better have some core competencies
China/USA in 2020s: Trying to dissuade (China) or sabotage (USA) Pakistani developmental efforts.

PAF:
1615398056848.png

Turkey:
1615398088300.png

off-the-shelf is a majboori

China/USA in 2020s: Trying to dissuade (China) or sabotage (USA) Pakistani developmental efforts.

The amount of "Iron" in the brotherhood is directly proportional to the fulfilment of self interests. Every Pakistani should understand this clearly.

The amount of "Iron" in the brotherhood is directly proportional to the fulfilment of self interests. Every Pakistani should understand this clearly.
that's international diplomacy in general buddy. Pakistanis REALLY need to get out of this mindset that there will be a super power that will pamper and baby-sit us. It is ALWAYS about self-interests...when self-interests coincide then they become mutual interests.

Last edited:
Oh please....break the begging bowl.
This is acapanle fighter and proved in battle. Some just want gora shaibs toys because we only make crap

Unfortunately, we only have 30 on order right now; the PAF didn't contract PAC for the other 20 yet. The true threat of the Block-III emerges when we field it in big numbers, e.g., AESA, TDL, and LRAAM across 50 Block-IIIs, 26 JF-17Bs, 62 Block-IIs, and 50 Block-Is. Otherwise, we'll have fewer AESA-equipped fighters than the IAF (never mind other factors).
The only reason why they might opt for an initial order of 30 could be that a retrofit of older blocks to AESA is on the cards and soon - specially considering there's an on-going overhaul program?

That's exactly my point! So far we have NOTHING and even if we barely get any images from CAC lately, we most often get rumours that a certain new type is out, but here NOTHING!

Therefore I'm very much sceptical on such claims like "this is the second prototype"

paf/cac donot care for pdf audience they should share all plans in details to ease the pain of pdf forum members

:D

Also I have a question, can PL-12 have a small booster, to increase its range by 10-15 km. Even in small numbers. It will make IAF guessing that incoming PL-12 whether has a range 100 or 120 km?
Also can Chinese bomber have SFDR with booster, guided by Awacs?

P.S I have all the liberty to be non-technical.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom