What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

So this is the second Block 3?

PS: Also noteworthy and against some fan-boy's claims, the JF-17 Block 3 clearly does NOT use the J-20A's HUD!

View attachment 722941

There must be some misunderstanding. It was discussed that JF-17 Block-III wide angle HUD is advanced/latest than J-20A's. I am not saying that the same HUD will be used in Chinese A/Cs as well. Just saying and I have no insider information.

Chief in first JF17 B3 rolled out by PAC.View attachment 722934

We all could do with a date of where and when this picture was taken!!! Was it the original prototype, or what has just rolled off the lines at PAC ?! Lack of clarity in the twitter is annoying.. lol.

So this is the second Block 3?

PS: Also noteworthy and against some fan-boy's claims, the JF-17 Block 3 clearly does NOT use the J-20A's HUD!

View attachment 722941

Looks like a more advanced derivative of the original J-20A if you ask me. Same large area and general shape, but slimmer supporting arms and no frame overhang, most likely not required due to the JF17 having a 2 piece canopy whereas the J-20A is a single piece where it needs to re-direct airflow if the canopy has an issue/is lost. The JF17s have a seperate frontal windshield, so a simpler frame design can now be adopted that comes with the general progression of opticial technology and material science from the original version.

Last edited:
negative...the first JF17 flew in 2003.
View attachment 722888

There were 6 prototypes built in China. These were not inducted into Pakistan Air Force.

Prototypes
  • 31-05-2003: PT-01 - Flight Performance Prototype
  • ??-??-2003: PT-02 - Static Load Test Prototype
  • 09-04-2004: PT-03 - Flight Performance Prototype
  • 28-04-2006: PT-04 - Avionics Test / Weapons Prototype
  • ??-??-2006: PT-05 - Fatigue Test Prototype
  • 10-09-2006: PT-06 - Avionics Test Prototype
The ones that were delivered to Pakistan were separate and part of initial serial productions: 07-101 and 07-102.

They both are interested in it.

Yes, they both are interested in it.
Interest doesn't means that we should invite both countries into JF-17 project, especially Turkey is way way ahead in terms of Avionics/radar/ and fuselage developments, they can buy JFT off the shelf, can we invite Nigeria or Myanmar to join JFT project???

Interest doesn't means that we should invite both countries into JF-17 project, especially Turkey is way way ahead in terms of Avionics/radar/ and fuselage developments, they can buy JFT off the shelf, can we invite Nigeria or Myanmar to join JFT project???

Ok.

You very well that we have a separate thread for Export bids or Turkey-Qatar possible joining into Thunder project but still, this thread becomes the target to derail. You are permanently thread banned.

Regards,

20210309_215719.jpg
20210308_182222.jpg

All of last year, we heard "there will be a surprise on February 27" then the date changed to March 23 then it changed to August 5 then it changed to September 6 then it changed to "wait until next year,"
Bro don't listen tk rumours

We all could do with a date of where and when this picture was taken!!! Was it the original prototype, or what has just rolled off the lines at PAC ?! Lack of clarity in the twitter is annoying.. lol.

That's exactly my point! So far we have NOTHING and even if we barely get any images from CAC lately, we most often get rumours that a certain new type is out, but here NOTHING!

Therefore I'm very much sceptical on such claims like "this is the second prototype"

That's exactly my point! So far we have NOTHING and even if we barely get any images from CAC lately, we most often get rumours that a certain new type is out, but here NOTHING!

Therefore I'm very much sceptical on such claims like "this is the second prototype"
@Dieno you have always shattered the dreams of fanboys!!!😂😂😂

Back
Top Bottom