What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Slightly off topic...but I personally like that route BD took of heavily focusing on improving GDP first...

If it was up to me to run Pak...I would just give a straight and simple message to India "if India invades Pak...the very first response would be nukes...no warnings would be given nor any negotiations...so mind ur own business and we'll mind ours"...and it wouldn't be a bluff

Then I would focus fully on improving the economy in every way possible. After a decade of heavily focusing on the economy then I would shift gears to heavily modernizing the armed forces(with increased budget due to an improved economy) to bring back conventional minimum deterrence capabilities at the very least. Only with a strong economy can Pak try to keep up with India.

easier said than done...

It says Air Dominance....

1615379370814.png

Blk 3 will provide true air dominance in the sub continent theatre. The klj-7A also triumphs the RBE Aesa in TR count, around1100 vs 856 modules. The ew management system in blk 3 is on another level. The cockpit has a single large display similar to the one in F-35. Dual launch rails can mount bvr and wvr in tandem depending upon mission requirements. HMDS is there as well.

Blk 3 will provide true air dominance in the sub continent theatre. The klj-7A also triumphs the RBE Aesa in TR count, around1100 vs 856 modules. The ew management system in blk 3 is on another level. The cockpit has a single large display similar to the one in F-35. Dual launch rails can mount bvr and wvr in tandem depending upon mission requirements. HMDS is there as well.
Tell us about PL-15 sir..??

Unfortunately, we only have 30 on order right now, the PAF didn't contract PAC for the other 20 yet. The true threat of the Block-III emerges when we field it in big numbers, e.g., AESA, TDL and LRAAM across 50 Block-IIIs, 26 JF-17Bs, 62 Block-IIs and 50 Block-Is. Otherwise, we'll have fewer AESA-equipped fighters than the IAF (never mind other factors).

What device would the Blk3 use for IRST missions? Correct me if I am wrong, but the Aselpod does not have an imaging resolution that can match a dedicated IRST module.
Pardon, since when?
Put two and two together. The information was obviously divulged to the poster when the patch in the following link was shared with him.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/jf-17-block-3-updates-news-discussion.594030/page-532#post-13003027

Last edited:
Possibly what the cockpit could look like.
1615394753332.png

Current cockpit for comparison:

1615394996739.png

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom