What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

About two years ago, I was told that Block-III would be powered by WS-13. I trust the source and have not mentioned this to anyone until now. Let us see what actually happens because a lot can change in two years.
So whose driving the rd93ma development

So whose driving the rd93ma development
I wouldn't place too much hope in the WS-13 ... from what I've heard, it is not one of the key engine projects funded by the Chinese military (e.g. WS-15, WS-19, WS-10, WS-20) itself. Instead, it is entirely driven by AVICs own funds and as such is relegated to a much lower priority than other turbofan engines.

I wouldn't place too much hope in the WS-13 ... from what I've heard, it is not one of the key engine projects funded by the Chinese military (e.g. WS-15, WS-19, WS-10, WS-20) itself. Instead, it is entirely driven by AVICs own funds and as such is relegated to a much lower priority than other turbofan engines.
i think even ws 19 is a viable candidate to replace ws 13/rd 93

117827874_160255162377756_5897325112890317875_o.jpg
DC's model of blk 3. Can't believe you didn't check that.

Demand & threat of competition?

If WS-13 is slightly more fuel efficient (it does have a slightly higher bypass ratio, reportedly), & provides higher thrust than RD-93, then it is a viable candidate IMO.

Maybe for the newer blocks, that too after a lot of work.
Engine represents a large fraction of the total weight.
Thus a different engine means tweaking the flight control system.

Maybe for the newer blocks, that too after a lot of work.
Engine represents a large fraction of the total weight.
Thus a different engine means tweaking the flight control system.
If the engines have similar performance parameters, then there should not be a major change in the flight control system at all.

Demand & threat of competition?

If WS-13 is slightly more fuel efficient (it does have a slightly higher bypass ratio, reportedly), & provides higher thrust than RD-93, then it is a viable candidate IMO.
Dont know ..if ws 13 or ws19 is selected for block 3 then rd93 ma is dead..and waste of money..there are no other single jet customers (since rd93 ma is being optimized for single engine jets) unless russia id planning to bring one in the market

Dont know ..if ws 13 or ws19 is selected for block 3 then rd93 ma is dead..and waste of money..there are no other single jet customers (since rd93 ma is being optimized for single engine jets) unless russia id planning to bring one in the market
Hi if I may ask what will happen rest of the rd93 stock as been given info here about 500 odd engine been ordered initially what you take how many left still with PAF beside is there a shelf life of engines also like ammunition
if possible to answer
thank you

Back
Top Bottom