What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Dont know ..if ws 13 or ws19 is selected for block 3 then rd93 ma is dead..and waste of money..there are no other single jet customers (since rd93 ma is being optimized for single engine jets) unless russia id planning to bring one in the market
WS-19 is no where near ready, but it would be the best choice if & when available. We do not yet know what PAF will do. But one thing is for sure: competition is good.

WS-19 is no where near ready, but it would be the best choice if & when available. We do not yet know what PAF will do. But one thing is for sure: competition is good.
with ws 10 being mass produced, i am pretty confident hat ws 13 should be ready.. ws 19 yeah might be an issue

117827874_160255162377756_5897325112890317875_o.jpg
I feel size is bigger than blk2 and three or its my eyes only?

CGI based on available Block-3 picture. DCS unlikely since their model is Block-1.

with ws 10 being mass produced, i am pretty confident hat ws 13 should be ready.. ws 19 yeah might be an issue
WS-13 is indeed ready but the problem is its maturity. The reason why the WS-10 is so mature/reliable now is because the Chinese have fielded them in their operational aircraft (i.e. J-11B) since 2009. The WS-10 in operation I'm sure helped the Chinese accelerate their improvement, esp with regard to the maturity of the engine. The problem is no such testing has occurred with the WS-13. Plus, the low priority of the WS-13 on the Chinese aeroengine agenda really does not help either. The WS-19 on the other hand has very high priority because it is meant to power China's medium stealth fighter (J-35) ... indeed it uses a lot of the same materials as the WS-15 and has roughly the same thrust to weight ratio of around 10.

Hi if I may ask what will happen rest of the rd93 stock as been given info here about 500 odd engine been ordered initially what you take how many left still with PAF beside is there a shelf life of engines also like ammunition
if possible to answer
thank you
Not an expert on this but ammunition has a chemical propellant sitting inside it which is bound to breakdown over time, an engine doesn't have that. So I doubt engines have shelf life.

Be patience, JF 17 Block 3 will soon be the part of PAF. They are working to make it fighter to counter threat from eastern border.

WS-13 is indeed ready but the problem is its maturity. The reason why the WS-10 is so mature/reliable now is because the Chinese have fielded them in their operational aircraft (i.e. J-11B) since 2009. The WS-10 in operation I'm sure helped the Chinese accelerate their improvement, esp with regard to the maturity of the engine. The problem is no such testing has occurred with the WS-13. Plus, the low priority of the WS-13 on the Chinese aeroengine agenda really does not help either. The WS-19 on the other hand has very high priority because it is meant to power China's medium stealth fighter (J-35) ... indeed it uses a lot of the same materials as the WS-15 and has roughly the same thrust to weight ratio of around 10.

WS-13 maybe for Chinese air force, but Pakistani and export JF-17 use RD-93MA which has better power and engine life.

WS-13 maybe for Chinese air force, but Pakistani and export JF-17 use RD-93MA which has better power and engine life.
Besides the FC-31, which itself was privately funded by AVIC (not the PLA), no other Chinese aircraft uses the WS-13.

Back
Top Bottom