What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Mentioning Thunder Block-III, China and all that coming from PM Azad Kashmir in these times is more of alignment of region and how the face-off going to be for Rafale mantra force. More of a clear policy by making statement about defence product.
About two years ago, I was told that Block-III would be powered by WS-13. I trust the source and have not mentioned this to anyone until now. Let us see what actually happens because a lot can change in two years.

About two years ago, I was told that Block-III would be powered by WS-13. I trust the source and have not mentioned this to anyone until now. Let us see what actually happens because a lot can change in two years.

That should be good news --
Also the J-31 I believe would also be powered by two WS-13 this would be logistics and maintenance less of a headache for Pakistan Air Force.

J-20 is the most advanced 5th generation jet and I can say that with confidence.

The F-22A was designed/developed in the 80's with the full focus at that time being the USSR. The F-22s range therefore is fairly short because it was intended to fight over land not the pacific ocean as would the case be with China.

The J-20 was developed in the last 2010s. It is designed with the latest semiconductor, radio, avionics, electronics, etc... The F-22 was produced in the 1990s and then stopped. Hasnt been in production for over a decade.

The F-35 stands a better chance again the J-20 tbh, because its technology and sensors are ages ahead of the F-22.

This seems taken from the Forbes article from 4 days back and/or some Chinese blogs from a couple of weeks further back.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michae...s-flawed-as-the-old-f-4-phantom/#3706a098104f

Boastful claims are part of military propaganda but we aren't compelled to believe that here, we can be rational and humble and hopeful.

That should be good news --
Also the J-31 I believe would also be powered by two WS-13 this would be logistics and maintenance less of a headache for Pakistan Air Force.

A person in a position of vantage once told me block 3 might have a Chinese engine. The same person on another occasion also said that PAF prefers J20 over J31 and finds the latter flawed so I would have to have confirmation bias to believe both WS13 for JF17 and J31 for PAF rumors. Of course things change quickly in China, J10 has evolved greatly and reports about J31 development are rife on Chinese blogs these days suggesting the pace of development might have picked up for it.

He didn't mentioned any specific name of the engine. He just said that Chinese have spent billion of dollar to mature its engine technology.
it specifically mentioning the JF-17 thunder engine . for alternate RD-93 is WS-13 .Yes they have spent billions of it and that is not for one project only

Then mesciach claims that we were sticking with russian were unfounded. @MastanKhan was it you who supported that claim? Can't remember for sure so please excuse me if not.

117827874_160255162377756_5897325112890317875_o.jpg

Bro, unfortunately, that's not Block 3..... Missing the little inlet on the tail section....

article_5e788965b9b5b6_68620953.jpg
bro, that's the Blk3 AND with the radar installed (look at the size/width of the nose cone)...the inlet can be removed. notice the composite patterns they are the same as the one is the pic you posted.

Then mesciach claims that we were sticking with russian were unfounded. @MastanKhan was it you who supported that claim? Can't remember for sure so please excuse me if not.
No, I would not dismiss anything said by her to be unfounded. The claim by my source could well be wrong due to passage of 2 years.

PAF's job is distribution of broken IAF parts, not verified news about on-going projects. Often one would come across information that is misleading and for good reason. That is why each of us is responsible for analysis on our own.

Having credible information also means having a responsibility towards security. I want there to be enough conflicting news that any effort at collecting credible news would become guess work for people who would rather harm us. I am not saying that I would knowingly share bad information - I would rather not - but I would be very careful with information that I might share.

bro, that's the Blk3 AND with the radar installed (look at the size/width of the nose cone)...the inlet can be removed. notice the composite patterns they are the same as the one is the pic you posted.

Also notice the MAWS on the tip of the tail is missing. If Windjammer's posted pic is Block 3 then looks like they may have made further changes to the original.

Back
Top Bottom