What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

So @seven0seven PL-15s are confirmed for use against fighters, do you know the no escape zone values?
Yes main target of PL-15 is Fighter jets not AWACS and other ISR plate forms, we don't know much about PL-15 specification, so Let assume PL-15 has a range of 150 km and Meteor has same range 150 km, and remember brother its a traditional dual pulse rocket motor design unlike Meteor which have a dusted motor design, we don't know PL-15 rocket motor burn rate, as MBDA marketed that Meteor has no escape zone of 60 km as compare to traditional rocket powered BVR, i thinks i may be wrong about, PL-15 no escape zone will be 20 -40 km, just my 2 cent brother:angel:

Sticking with Ra'ad as it is the best cruise missile for PAF currently, with 600km range in new version I wouldn't doubt the ability of PAF to take out every single AWACS in the Indian air force and then all or most fighters in the Indian air force should the need arise.
Yes though this is a lighter cheaper solution------RAAD is a heavy hitting and possible Nuclear capable.

It is, and I doubt in most cases fighters will know what's coming for them until missile gos pitbull. @seven0seven Will RWR show them that missile is coming or no? I assumed that it will just show they are being TWS by enemy fighter jet since ARH doesn't need painting.
It is the other way around.

The thing is the weapons you carry will always depend on Mission profile------Just like what you carry when you go for hunting.
Yeah, I agree but would rather relegate that role to GLCM but that's another argument all together.

It is the other way around.
What do you mean? I think IAF will know JF-17 is searching them, but not know they are being fired upon. Let me check DCS real quick, most realistic BVR gameplay.

It is, and I doubt in most cases fighters will know what's coming for them until missile gos pitbull. @seven0seven Will RWR show them that missile is coming or no? I assumed that it will just show they are being TWS by enemy fighter jet since ARH doesn't need painting.
No , modern radar build upon philosophy look down and shoot down, and if target missiles have ARH seeker and emitting radiation for looking target then yes fighter pick them up with their RWR but remember bro western fighter have active radars which pick up these target earlier then Their Russian counterparts equipped with passive radars

Nev
No C-802 has radar seeker in it most accurate guideness system are for the ground attack missiles are either electro-optics or infrared guideness, you're rearly seen any modern ground attack missiles with radar seekers
Radar seeker? Hearing for the First time.

I have no accurate source to debate the guidance system of the C-802 but I believe there is an IRU only version I could be wrong.

No , modern radar build upon philosophy look down and shoot down, and if target missiles have ARH seeker and emitting radiation for looking target then yes fighter pick them up with their RWR but remember bro western fighter have active radars which pick up these target earlier then Their Russian counterparts equipped with passive radars
Not saying that, you won't receive launch warnings from RWR until missile activates RWR, so if JF-17 launched PL-15 you wouldn't receive launch warning until the missile activated internal radar so you are pretty much toast at that point. AIM-7 Sparrow would give launch warning right away because of SARH.

Yeah, I agree but would rather relegate that role to GLCM but that's another argument all together.

What do you mean? I think IAF will know JF-17 is searching them, but not know they are being fired upon. Let me check DCS real quick, most realistic BVR gameplay.
the RWR only detect the Missile once it goes pit-bull (SARH) or RF is kicked in other wise it is being guided by the Radar of the air craft.

Once you shoot the missile and Maintain lock from your air craft the Fighter will not know that a missile is in the air until its too late.

the RWR only detect the Missile once it goes pit-bull (SARH) or RF is kicked in other wise it is being guided by the Radar of the air craft.

Once you shoot the missile and Maintain lock from your air craft the Fighter will not know that a missile is in the air until its too late.
Thought so, thanks for confirming.

Back
Top Bottom