What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Guys ... let's keep it simple! This is the Block 3 thread and if you cant stick to the topic - which is not any old man's sexual fantasies, once again India vs Pakistan or certain what-if ideas like once again "more hardpoints, bigger engine" - then it's better to simply post nothing!

Stop it or I will rate each and every off-topic post as a negative one, since I cannot delete this BS (at least for now).

This is the official line I received from a senior moderator!

Last edited:
Guys ... let's keep it simple! This is the Block 3 thread and if you cant stick to the topic - which is not any old man's sexual fantasies, once again India vs Pakistan or certain what-if ideas like once again "more hardpoints, bigger engine" !

Stop it or I will rate each and every off-topic post as a negative one, since I cannot delete this BS (at least for now).

This is the official line I received from a senior moderator!
out of curiosity do mods get paid and how do you get to be a mod?

Chin hardpoint in block 3 per amf chief

IMG_5597.JPG

So that would mean 2 new hard points, right?

But how much weight could they support, will it only be enough for a pod and small munitions?

Translation : JF-17 Thunder Block 3 will be operational by March 2020 - Air Chief

It does make sense, but doesn’t make sense at all as well.
Second prototype will fly in May 2020, Block 3 PT1 Could make a flypast on March 23 Parade. I have a feeling that the Parade this year will be unprecedented with Very High Power Display.

Moreover, Block 3 prototype has been in hiding for 4 months now !!!

@Deino Did you checkout Windy’s post of MSA Gallet LA100

upload_2020-2-28_18-18-33.jpeg

upload_2020-2-28_18-19-23.jpeg

Does the pilot operating this prototype also looks to be using the same helmet ?

Last edited:
Second prototype will fly in May 2020, Block 3 PT1 Could make a flypast on March 23 Parade. I have a feeling that the Parade this year will be unprecedented with Very High Power Display.
I hold an opinion that this blk 3 PT flew long time before disclosure few months ago.

Translation : JF-17 Thunder Block 3 will be operational by March 2020 - Air Chief

View attachment 609843

View attachment 609844
Does the pilot operating this prototype also looks to be using the same helmet ?

Are you sure that parade will happen this place??? Cause I am under impression that it casts a lot of money which we are currently lacking at. Last year it was necessary.

Are you sure that parade will happen this place???

Pakistan Day Parade on 23rd March is confirmed In'Sha'ALLAH.

View attachment 609843

View attachment 609844

As we are looking at confirmed chin hard point (Ref: MD AMF during recent TV program), that explains the different angled intakes and seems larger as well. While we are talking about chin mounting; something clicks that it will add more workload to aerodynamics of the frame and that includes drag as well so, are there any changes in regard to aerodynamic for Block-III? Or we are looking at just enlarged Intakes with a bit different angle.

ER3NE1aWAAAljtJ

Pakistan Day Parade on 23rd March is confirmed In'Sha'ALLAH.

As we are looking at confirmed chin hard point (Ref: MD AMF during recent TV program), that explains the different angled intakes and seems larger as well. While we are talking about chin mounting; something clicks that it will add more workload to aerodynamics of the frame and that includes drag as well so, are there any changes in regard to aerodynamic for Block-III? Or we are looking at just enlarged Intakes with a bit different angle.

ER3NE1aWAAAljtJ
If you observe the underside of intake closely, a slight difference is apparent but quite insignificant.

ACE49909-7A4F-4175-91D8-9684EF38BE09.jpeg
C04D4DB8-5EA2-46E7-B934-CD019AD2E179.jpeg

BTW, What if this silver thing on Block 3 intake is the IRST mounting point ?
Drag increase definitely requires strengthening of the airframe base skeleton which in turn suggests addition of more metal line weldings in the skeleton to hold the structure. This in turn would suggest that the internal skeleton has been re-worked. If there is a re-work then there could be a re-work in the wings as well which might result in strengthened existing HPs to accommodate dual/tri launchers or maybe another WING HP or even wingtip carrying a BVR.

My idea is on the basis of the changes that happened on F-16C wing structure as well as spine skeleton as compared to F-16A which had less metal rods.

Last edited:
If you observe the underside of intake closely, a slight difference is apparent but quite insignificant.

View attachment 609856 View attachment 609857

Drag increase definitely requires strengthening of the airframe base skeleton which in turn suggests addition of more metal line weldings in the skeleton to hold the structure. This in turn would suggest that the internal skeleton has been re-worked. If there is a re-work then there could be a re-work in the wings as well which might result in strengthened existing HPs to accommodate dual/tri launchers or maybe another WING HP or even wingtip carrying a BVR.

My idea is on the basis of the changes that happened on F-16C wing structure as well as spine skeleton as compared to F-16A which had less metal rods.

What the point of adding another set hardpoint when dual rack can achieve the same objective?

View attachment 609856 View attachment 609857

We heard from many reliable sources that Wing area has been definitely worked out for more strength. Wingtip carrying a BVR will be surprise, if comes true and I am not denying such expectation... considering the F-16s development and we mostly see now a days in such load out pattern. Wings enlarged, strengthen and that's ain't for no reasons.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom