What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

J 20 is very real possibility I have few friends at good places they are also confiming in fact China itself has shown willingness but right now JF 17 and getting another 4.5 ++ is primary focus
Is there any input of J-20 related with Azm project ?

AZM will have help from China and Turkey and few other countries also. Also I am expecting our MALE UAV to be revealed soon
Mentioning help From China, its either J-31 or j-20. so i asked specifically.
Turkey is still working on TF-X

Pakistan F-16 Falcon vs JF-17 Thunder Airshow Display

Hi,

The analyst makes an extremely big blunder---he makes an amateur mistake---.

The wheels of the JF17 are hanging down for roughly 14 seconds after the F16 withdraws its wheels inside---hanging wheels are like air brakes---.

So the comparison right from the gitgo takes a misstep---.

Which other 4.5++ fighter are they looking for?

Buying any 4th gen at this time would be a mistake. Should go for 70-80 J20s to replace Mirages with local assembly, use NGF for F16 replacement.
This is block 3 thread plz.....

Wondering if in block 3 any chance of wingtip hp strengthened to carry Sd-10 this will address swing role capability or carrying a2a and a2g along with drop tanks plus a2g load, ldp and a jammer to cover swing role in single mission by single aircraft like f-16

Wingtip Sd-10
Hp 2 and 6 a2g load
Hp 3 and 5 drop tanksx 800 liters
Hp 4 jammer
Hp on intake ldp

J 20 is very real possibility I have few friends at good places they are also confiming in fact China itself has shown willingness but right now JF 17 and getting another 4.5 ++ is primary focus

That is some change if it is true as a while back they were known to keep J20 away from Pakistani officers working on the JF17 in Chengdu facilities. I would rather we get some PhD students enrolled do joint research at those high tech facilities before we think of buying turnkey J20 units. We need to build our scientific scholarship desperately, not for project Azm but even for a replacement screw that goes into an older equipment figuratively speaking. No matter how much you ridicule India, their scientific scholarship is real and far ahead of Pakistan's and that is the most concerning thing for me personally. JF17 can shoot down an entire squadron of enemy fighters but I'd still rate its primary success as the generation of Technicians, Engineers and researchers who will pass their skill hopefully to the next crop in PAF.

Hi my friend don’t mind but 70-80 you sure even china doesn’t hold that much number of jets
At the moment I believe not in coming year or two & you talking about PAF
My thoughts are people on this forum are not ready to give any nice looks towards j31 as they
Don’t understand PLANAF is not in a hurry for j31 due to ACC maturity to their full extent in near
Future if there going to be any stealth for PAF that going to be J31 or jxxx bla bla but not in near future J20
Thank you
No offense taken. I was talking about induction after 2025 mostly likely by that time we will see B variant and hopefully WS15 will be entering mass production.

After last year's events this is what American's are thinking.

IAF was left red faced. They know it doesn't matter how many times their current and ex chief say they shot down an F16 no body outside India believes them and it doesn't matter if a billion of their gullible populace believes it. India's role in Afghanistan was also disappointing for American's, with all the support it was given during Bush and Obama era they were hoping that India will replace Pakistan and hold the whole region for them but instead they are stuck with Pakistan to settle Afghanistan. Suddenly American friendship have become very expensive 3 billions here 2 billions there you get the gist. No matter if they're fifth largest economy their per capita GDP is still 2k+. They have large force, they have requirement for 120+ anti-sub helicopters but they bought only 24 for $3 billions they can't sustain this spending.

They are desperate to get even and show the world they can do anything they want in this region. They have put their hopes on Rafale. It is the new "Raptor Of East". They're so desperate that they have asked French to deliver 10 Meteors with first Rafale that lands in India.

We are betting on JF17 block 3 as equalizer to Rafale if not 1 on 1 than maybe 2 on 1. That gives us two scenarios.
1. Rafale enters the fight gets shot down(INSHALLAH). Indians will go on their wishing spree "AGAR Su57/F35 HOTA?". They will go for which ever one they like.

2. Rafale enters the fight and succeeds (God Forbid). It will not be one off event after that.

In both scenarios will have to find something most like a 5th gen fighter to regain balance.

F31 will be a good air defence fighter will be good replacement for F16s but we need to replace Mirages in this decade and only fully developed J20 with it's long range ability fits the bill unless we are hoping to develop 1500-2000Km Raad.

I won't pin hope on any additional F16 old or new not even on upgrades for current inventory after the news that came out today that PA have given up on getting Ah1z.

P.S. I do know this is Blk 3 thread and I have mentioned Blk 3 in this comment so get off my lap.

That is some change if it is true as a while back they were known to keep J20 away from Pakistani officers working on the JF17 in Chengdu facilities. I would rather we get some PhD students enrolled do joint research at those high tech facilities before we think of buying turnkey J20 units. We need to build our scientific scholarship desperately, not for project Azm but even for a replacement screw that goes into an older equipment figuratively speaking. No matter how much you ridicule India, their scientific scholarship is real and far ahead of Pakistan's and that is the most concerning thing for me personally. JF17 can shoot down an entire squadron of enemy fighters but I'd still rate its primary success as the generation of Technicians, Engineers and researchers who will pass their skill hopefully to the next crop in PAF.

Hi,

I am impressed---where have you been young man---. Really impressive post---. You should write more often on the forum---.

Which other 4.5++ fighter are they looking for?

Buying any 4th gen at this time would be a mistake. Should go for 70-80 J20s to replace Mirages with local assembly, use NGF for F16 replacement.
If accurate, I would guess the 4.5+ gen target is the F-16 Block-72. It's the lowest cost option, and it melds into the F-16 fleet (post-upgrades) seamlessly.

Wondering if in block 3 any chance of wingtip hp strengthened to carry Sd-10 this will address swing role capability or carrying a2a and a2g along with drop tanks plus a2g load, ldp and a jammer to cover swing role in single mission by single aircraft like f-16

Wingtip Sd-10
Hp 2 and 6 a2g load
Hp 3 and 5 drop tanksx 800 liters
Hp 4 jammer
Hp on intake ldp

Hi,

Here is a great example of a thoughtless post---. It proves that for an average person---if they dislike someone---they cannot hear what that person is saying or see what he is pointing towards---.

If this poster had paid any attention to 100's of posts or read about the Iraq war or Israelis strike---he would have known that the dedicated strike aircraft---even the JF---just carries the needed bagage for the role.

This strike aircraft does not have the time to engage an enemy aircraft or chase an enemy aircraft---it just has one goal---to reach the target undetected to ejaculate it's weapon---.

You are addressing a person whose only life objective is to deface every JF-17 pic with a marker identifying spots where more missiles can be added.

Hi,

Here is a great example of a thoughtless post---. It proves that for an average person---if they dislike someone---they cannot hear what that person is saying or see what he is pointing towards---.

If this poster had paid any attention to 100's of posts or read about the Iraq war or Israelis strike---he would have known that the dedicated strike aircraft---even the JF---just carries the needed bagage for the role.

This strike aircraft does not have the time to engage an enemy aircraft or chase an enemy aircraft---it just has one goal---to reach the target undetected to ejaculate it's weapon---.

Hi,

Hi,

I have written about it before and commented on it as well---the israeli air raid on the iraqi reactor---.

The israelis are masters at changing the narrative mid-stride to correct their mistakes---. The first time the book came out about the strike---the primary aircraft that went inhad only fuel tanks and laser guided bombs---even though they had stated that the bombs were tossed---.

A laser on the ground would lase the target and the aircraft would pick up the target launch the bomb which will take it to the target---.

Was was this laser guided weapon originally designed by pakistan that had a US patent on it and Israel was one of the buyers and end users---?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom