What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Rafale will probably be operational and in numbers too in 2021. MKIs are being built moreand UPGs are being imported more. Tejas are being built more. PAF will certainly be short of Capable Fighters

Says who?

India has a territory of 3.2 million sq km to cover with only 700 combat aircraft.

Pakistan has a territory of 800,000 sq km to cover with 500 combat aircraft.

India has 22 combat aircraft for every 100,000 sq km.

Pakistan has 63 combat aircraft for every 100,000 sq km.

What makes you think the Indian Air Force can take on Pakistan Air Force? Do you seriously think India can afford to deploy 500 combat aircraft on Pakistani border?

Pakistan being a thinner country can definitely afford to deploy majority of its fleet on the Indian border and the world saw a demonstration of this capability on 27th February 2019.

So your question is not about relative ranges, but more about comparability
Well actually i am dismayed at the fact, if a radar has a Max range of say 100km.....how can it guide a missile that has reach of beyond 150km.....aren't you better off sticking with something like SD-10 until you have a radar with extended ranges.

Well actually i am dismayed at the fact, if a radar has a Max range of say 100km.....how can it guide a missile that has reach of beyond 150km.....aren't you better off sticking with something like SD-10 until you have a radar with extended ranges.
They are probably in storage as off now until block 1 and 2 get radar upgrades

Eyes in the sky.

V2 = 135km. If that is for a fighter, then for AWACs and 12sqm Flankers, then the 150km range for the PL-15 on the FC-1 does not sound so crazy. Also, maximum missile range is not is not when you want to launch anyway.

Finally, datalink. Remember the SD-10 had 4 guidence modes. It is reasonable to assume PL-15 has at least the same
Correct.

Cos you rarely use your missile at max range.

Also you are missing that future wars are likely to be netcentric. What about the silent filler = when the firing aircraft is not the one guiding the missile or not the one with the radar pointing at the target

As per my understanding ...
KLJ-7 in Block-I --> 105 KM max detection (the 85 KM figure was from the prototype days)
KLJ-7.mk2 in Block-II and also retrofitted in Block-I --> 130 KM

image%3A83318.jpg

Dual racks

Back
Top Bottom