What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

I just hope India doesn't find solution of deploying the K-77/R-77M on SU 30s and Mig 29s like we are doing with PL 15 on Thunders
Lately i was thinking,
Maybe US is holding V upgrade back in some mutual contract or understanding keeping pak and india on table, that if you give super sukhoi upgrade, we give V upgrades and more F solas

Thanks Alan for the update.

I was never a fan of this too much question asking that goes even beyond repetitiveness. But since last 3/4 weeks, there was too much iran/arab bullshi*t going on this forum. Pakistani members fighting with each other so much hate and sectarianism, it was so disappointing.

Today its feel so refreshing that even to the small extent we are back again to Pakistani defence topics at last. Silly opinions, repetitive questions, wishlist are still better than hate-mongering and venom spewing that too among brothers.

Correct me if I'm wrong, the radar on JF-17 has a range of some 100 kms, where as PL-15 has a operational range of in excess of 150 km....so how does this radar becomes compatible with the PL-15.
100km for what size/type of target?

In look down mode 100km for 5m2[1]
In look up mode 105km for 5m2 RCS (V1)[1]
In look down mode 110km for 3m2 RCS (V2)[1] 200km for KLJ-7A.
Source:Wikipedia
V2 = 135km. If that is for a fighter, then for AWACs and 12sqm Flankers, then the 150km range for the PL-15 on the FC-1 does not sound so crazy. Also, maximum missile range is not is not when you want to launch anyway.

Finally, datalink. Remember the SD-10 had 4 guidence modes. It is reasonable to assume PL-15 has at least the same

100km for what size/type of target?
Well in A2A mode, it's usually against an average size combat aircraft.
I asked the question because of a respectable PAF historian is of opinion that PL-15 will only be compatible with Block-3.....Avionics side of an aircraft is pretty much alien stuff for me.

Thanks Alan for the update.

I was never a fan of this too much question asking that goes even beyond repetitiveness. But since last 3/4 weeks, there was too much iran/arab bullshi*t going on this forum. Pakistani members fighting with each other so much hate and sectarianism, it was so disappointing.

Today its feel so refreshing that even to the small extent we are back again to Pakistani defence topics at last. Silly opinions, repetitive questions, wishlist are still better than hate-mongering and venom spewing that too among brothers.
Exactly, too boring topics lately

Well in A2A mode, it's usually against an average size combat aircraft.
I asked the question because of a respectable PAF historian is of opinion that PL-15 will only be compatible with Block-3.....Avionics side of an aircraft is pretty much alien stuff for me.
So your question is not about relative ranges, but more about comparability

Back
Top Bottom