What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Whoever said BLK III is hiding in plain sight didn't lie. Everyone else did lol
Let me guess you were innocent enough to expect something similar to F 35 !!!! No it was never going to happen

Actually i read it here in this forum some years ago that they are working on ws-13 with FADEC for thunder future blocks. as you know rd 93 doesn't have it. so as today it looks like ws-13E to me then it is possible with fadec.
so your'e assuming there are also (2-3 years) recent news here that Russia is also working on improved RD-93 NAMED RD-93MA for block-3

All we need now is a firm order for 100(not 50) of the Block III's to be turned out asap, while work starts on Block 4 in earnest !

Keep the pace going, keep the momentum of the project on track. Indian's will never be able to catchup with the JF17 programme ever at this rate.

100 AESA based planes, with PL15's will permanently stain the dhoti's next door for sure.
Also export will be encouraged more

so your'e assuming there are also (2-3 years) recent news here that Russia is also working on improved RD-93 NAMED RD-93MA for block-3
Can't find the source again but RD-93MA and WS-13E are basically the same. Chinese and Russians worked together with two way flow of information, Chinese helped Russians in advancing few things. Likely Pakistan will continue buying from Klimov since China has it's own domestic engine orders to meet but the product is same.

Expect carry over of specs from R-33MK
RD-33MK[edit]
The RD-33MK "Morskaya Osa" (Russian: Морская Оса: "Sea Wasp") is the latest model developed in 2001. It is intended to power the MiG-29K and MiG-29KUB shipborne fighters, however it has also been adopted for the MiG-35. The RD-33MK develops 7% higher thrust, is digitally controlled FADEC and smokeless unlike earlier RD-33 engines, has increased afterburner thrust to 9,000 kilograms-force (88,000 N; 20,000 lbf) and dry weight 1,145 kilograms (2,524 lb) compared to the baseline model through modern materials used on the cooled blades, although it retains the same length and maximum diameter. Incorporated is an infrared and optical signature visibility reduction systems. Service life has been increased to 4,000 hours. The RD-33MK ensures shipborne fighters unassisted take-off capability, retain performance in hot climate environment and, naturally, a boost in combat efficiency for MiG-29 fighter latest variant.[11][12][13][14]

Last edited:
Can't find the source again but RD-93MA and WS-13E are basically the same. Chinese and Russians worked together with two way flow of information, Chinese helped Russians in advancing few things. Likely Pakistan will continue buying from Klimov since China has it's own domestic engine orders to meet but the product is same.
this news is/was on various JF-17 discussion threads sir

Welcome back to thread bro
Ahh, fresh air !!! Thanks bro

Been reading all these missed 19 pages convo !!!

My observations :
- Ground Clearance up by around 3/4th metre.

- Inlets are stretched vertically
- LERX has been pulled a bit back.
- The Flaps, seem different
- No one noticed this yet but after some heavy dissecting, i have this suspicions, look closely at the landing gear’s back wheels and their caps, the caps are a bit different than usual.

- HUD different (Possibly a whole cockpit upgrade given by the CAS video of AvRID yesterday

- Engine gives me WS-10 vibes while it definitely isn’t and cannot be as well. But I can’t tell whether it really is or Not RD-93. Apparently there is no difference, humans see what they wanted to see, Remember !!!

- Nose diameter increased.

- Another thing i noticed which i guess if i am right, many failed to notice. Look just behind the canopy, there is a sudden slope and the spine is not going straight to the cockpit rather there is a sharp elevation before the cockpit, compare with B2 or 1

- HMD, naah !!! Just a standard helmet. But definitely a tease.

- MAWS, Vertical stabilizer top smaller in length than b2/1.

- Can’t figure out the wing surface area yet and as a result HP but i do sense there is an adding capacity.

- Canopy seems pushed to give a minute bubble shape.

- Shorter RWR (?), just a speculation due to angles.

- Pitot tube

- Front wheel seems to be suffering from polio thanks to low res image

What makes me satisfied -

- Intake
- Ground clearance
- Flaps
- LERX
- Spine
- Possibly engine

Hoping to see it buzz in airshows now soon, pull 9Gs and pull sharper turns like F-16

@The Eagle @PakSword @Starlord
Lag jao musalmanon

Let me guess you were innocent enough to expect something similar to F 35 !!!! No it was never going to happen

where did I say this? I simply stated that everyone who expected big changes was misinformed. I have NEVER made any prediction on the JF-17 or any other platform because I don’t have inside information and frankly nor am I interested. Don’t confuse me with other posters, buddy.

Now every one who wished an F-22 is saying “Mein ne to kaha tha kuch changes nai hongi, bla bla “

:lol::lol:

My fellow Pakistanis, Congrats to all of us very much and Salute to our dedicated PAF/PAC workers, chiefs, assistants, engineers, and every smallest role for doing this incredible job, giving us something to be proud of and thankful to God.

Everywhere we see hopelessness but our Beloved PAF and PAC never disappoints !!!

A round of applause for our Air force and CAC and China for standing with us far more than we deserve realistically !!!

No bro nose is thinner and longer than block-2 resemble L-15 nose cone
Well, as more images surface, we can make better judgements. Yea, illusion is not something uncommon to a human

PAF committed made a sinful error in marketing the Thunder by calling it a very potent cheaper solution. The term cheap and it's variations should not have been used. Instead the term "Cost Effective" should have been coined.

Well, downplaying it ensured IAF did not rush to acquire Rafales earlier and in bigger numbers nor they expanded their Su-30 fleet further neither they seriously bothered to replace their outdated light--weight aircraft with the LCA Flying Rickshaws.

IAF snoozed this decade and PAF has somewhat made up for the lost decade of the 1990s.

Nope ... just the same
block-3.jpg
jf-17.jpg

my bad but its look slight different to me

Now every one who wished an F-22 is saying “Mein ne to kaha tha kuch changes nai hongi, bla bla “

:lol::lol:

My fellow Pakistanis, Congrats to all of us very much and Salute to our dedicated PAF/PAC workers, chiefs, assistants, engineers, and every smallest role for doing this incredible job, giving us something to be proud of and thankful to God.

Everywhere we see hopelessness but our Beloved PAF and PAC never disappoints !!!

A round of applause for our Air force and CAC and China for standing with us far more than we deserve realistically !!!
:smitten::pakistan::china: also much grateful to chinese for help in that long process

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom