What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

index.php

EM3ROB8VAAE8vKp.jpg
Re post the first pic.

So Guys a question? Since Changes are not seen Externally significant, so can we say we can easily and sooner upgrade all our Thunders to Block III standard?

The Block III looks identical to Block II, from what I can see, zero difference. This means that the production line can start spinning up Block IIIs without much interruption or retraining.

I think, unless they made major structural changes internally(unlikey ), that Block I/II can be upgraded to Block III completely.

But there will be IRST pod? Won't that be enough?

It takes up a hardpoint, and we know JF17s dont have many of them !!!! ( unless they added 2 more for Block III which i doubt from what we can see. )

Its not WS13 for godsake stop this.
May be RD-93MA or WS-13 who knows, lets wait and see what engine block-3 have

The Block III looks identical to Block II, from what I can see, zero difference. This means that the production line can start spinning up Block IIIs without much interruption or retraining.

I think, unless they made major structural changes internally(unlikey ), that Block I/II can be upgraded to Block III completely.

It takes up a hardpoint, and we know JF17s dont have many of them !!!! ( unless they added 2 more for Block III which i doubt from what we can see. )
No lot of minor changes in Block 3 nose definitely slimmer/longer than block-2

Far from 5th Gen. Wait till you see the operating cost, having it cheap has its cons. Makes the Viper look like a tuk tuk.

What do you mean. Will B3 have a higher operating cost than vipers (apart from more frequent engine overhaul/shorter airframe life).

For love of GOD even visible HMD shows there are massive changes O bhai trust me if w I show you pictures prototypes of all F 16 models you will fail to tell the difference

And how do you know do you have some source that block-3 have WS-13
Actually i read it here in this forum some years ago that they are working on ws-13 with FADEC for thunder future blocks. as you know rd 93 doesn't have it. so as today it looks like ws-13E to me then it is possible with fadec.

All we need now is a firm order for 100(not 50) of the Block III's to be turned out asap, while work starts on Block 4 in earnest !

Keep the pace going, keep the momentum of the project on track. Indian's will never be able to catchup with the JF17 programme ever at this rate.

100 AESA based planes, with PL15's will permanently stain the dhoti's next door for sure.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom