What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

I think an IRST only make sense if you are a stealth platform trying to preserve your stealth cloke in operations. Given the proliferation of radars, Link 16/17 systems and AEW&C, the idea of being able to "hide" by not using your radar are greatly reduced these days. The game has changed/moved on such that IRST will no apply much in the PAF/IAF scenarios. Just look at Feb 26/27 - 2019, both sides knew exactly where everyone was and what they were doing. What value would IRST have in that scenario ?

We see dual racks, chin-mounted pod among other improvements.

80546828_2953939934637932_5275396076411551744_n.jpg

There are people who were expecting nothing from blk3 and then there are those who were going overboard in expectations and wanting it to be South Asia's F-35.

But in between there were innocent reasonable people like me..who just wanted perhaps an HMD/HOBS capability, an IRST, a robust EW suit..

Please PAC, don't let people like me down [emoji16]

We should be able to see the full photo. The person who took photos in portrait mode would have taken photos in landscape mode. I don't know what PAF is looking to do... why is this slow revelation any more helpful than the full disclosure?
because in case of failure PAF would not have revealed it (data from flight was analysed and only than photos revealed)

There are people who were expecting nothing from blk3 and then there are those who were going overboard in expectations and wanting it to be South Asia's F-35.

But in between there were innocent reasonable people like me..who just wanted perhaps an HMD/HOBS capability, an IRST, a robust EW suit..

Please PAC, don't let people like me down [emoji16]
According to @airomerix EW suite will be Turkish

Back
Top Bottom