What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

If there is a significant change in the frame my fears are that current JF-17s might not be completely upgradable to Block-III standard. But this much I believe was already understood fact. However, this fact may also mean that PAF would now acquire JF-17 beyond 200-250 units, with a majority being Block-III and above standard. I also wonder if PAF would at some point start to consider selling Block-I and IIs to a friendly country at a cheaper price and replace the numbers with Block III and potential succedding Blocks.
I always thought the exact same approach

@Mangus Ortus Novem Apko bhi IronFalcon mubarak ho

Well! most senior members may get a shock.

Even if not a bigger jet, it has got to do with airframe strength, change in engine etc.

Larger air intakes have been confirmed already. This means there is a more powerful engine coming (10% increase in thrust is confirmed - not clear if wet or dry). This means the Block-III will carry bigger loads and will be for deep strike.

THIS IS A BIGGER JET.
:disagree:

does F-16 and J-10 upgrades Like F-16 40/42 to F-16 50/52 and J-10B/C Changed their specification (lenght+span+height+Wing area etc etc) please answer me
Bigger jet mean a medium weight fighter?
We just need two more extra hard points for SD-10s.:angel:

so briefly explain what new in b3?
- Locally developed AESA RADAR
- Minor airframe modifications
- HMD/S
- More hard points
- More composites
- Fly-By-Optic Flight control System

All these are the confirmed details available on the basis of open sources

While no details of today’s flight have been confirmed, some other speculations include a better engine, integration of SOW RAAD, DUAL Racks for PL-15 BVR. But then again, all these are speculations, none confirmed, when the HMDS

I can confirm that first prototype of JF-17 Block III took to air today. Congratulations. CAS was there for the event.

This’d be confirmed over next few days, through regular channels. :)
Congrats.

Let us hold our horses until first pictures become available; anything else is speculation.

so briefly explain what new in b3?

Larget air intakes for better thrusts so it means we could see the RD-93 engine replaced with a better alternative
Better composite materials.
AESA radar.
Fly by wire system.
Mounted display for dogfights.
Possibly new cockpit.
New avionics and new software.
IRST system.
I heard its airframe will be slightly different but not sure.
I hope it comes with capability and configuration to deploy PL-15 missiles.

Congrats.

Let us hold our horses until first pictures become available; anything else is speculation.

We are just happy bro, its just this is much awaited , something PAF put their efforts on that is why it makes us even more excited, speculations are just usual here :D and everyone knows what to expect and what not to ..

The first azm prototype isn't even going to be built in the next decade according to PAF themselves.
Well, it could mean "SIGNIFICANT" changes in the frame - a bigger jet.

You don't need prototypes if you are just changing the avionics.

This could become the stop gap measure till the project AZM delivers.

Back
Top Bottom