What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Most of the senior members believe there is no Air frame changes in Block 3, but mostly Electronics like Radar , Counter measures , Helmet mounted display etc .

but I am sure people will do extreme and detailed analysis of block 3 once there is a picture released :D

Well! most senior members may get a shock.

Even if not a bigger jet, it has got to do with airframe strength, change in engine etc.

Larger air intakes have been confirmed already. This means there is a more powerful engine coming (10% increase in thrust is confirmed - not clear if wet or dry). This means the Block-III will carry bigger loads and will be for deep strike.

THIS IS A BIGGER JET.

:disagree:

does F-16 and J-10 upgrades Like F-16 40/42 to F-16 50/52 and J-10B/C Changed their specification (lenght+span+height+Wing area etc etc) please answer me
I think F-16 was changed. Moreover f16 got a massive engine upgrade.

Most of the senior members believe there is no Air frame changes in Block 3, but mostly Electronics like Radar , Counter measures , Helmet mounted display etc .

but I am sure people will do extreme and detailed analysis of block 3 once there is a picture released :D
Yea, it’s been sometime. Bas pic aajaye bass

:disagree:

does F-16 and J-10 upgrades Like F-16 40/42 to F-16 50/52 and J-10B/C Changed their specification (lenght+span+height+Wing area etc etc) please answer me

No! but they didn't need to. They were medium class already. They could accommodate the changes. They didn't need the prototype - did they?

Then why does it need a prototype?

Prototypes are not cheap. They cost lot of money.
You only spend lot of money, to make lot of gains.

Did Block-II need a prototype?
Not that's simple it will have lots of new tech, more composite materials/latest avionics+AESA/ Engine/ new weapons, to test these components you need a new prototype

Well! most senior members may get a shock.

Even if not a bigger jet, it has got to do with airframe strength, change in engine etc.

Larger air intakes have been confirmed already. This means there is a more powerful engine coming (10% increase in thrust is confirmed - not clear if wet or dry). This means the Block-III will carry bigger loads and will be for deep strike.

THIS IS A BIGGER JET.

Dost, some of these Senior members are associated with actual PAF , plus increasing load doesn't necessarily means Air frame changes .

Back
Top Bottom