What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

If this is a genuine intentional leak ... then why only Jang? Relation between the establishment and Jang-TheNews-Geo group has been cold for the past several years to put it mildly. I will accept it more readily if any other mainstream source reveals it as well.

If this is a genuine intentional leak ... then why only Jang? Relation between the establishment and Jang-TheNews-Geo group has been cold for the past several years to put it mildly. I will accept it more readily if any other mainstream source reveals it as well.
Plus when official induction is supposed to be in March, how can they report “Operational with PAF”.

Seems more like they created a hybrid news of “Block 3 has appeared”, the COAS PAC video and the open info available on PDF.

I can confirm that first prototype of JF-17 Block III took to air today. Congratulations. CAS was there for the event.

This’d be confirmed over next few days, through regular channels. :)

First prototype?

Looks like the induction is 2-years away....!!!!

yeah pretty much the plan is to get 2-3 more built in 2020 and go for full scale production in 2021

Well, it could mean "SIGNIFICANT" changes in the frame - a bigger jet.

You don't need prototypes if you are just changing the avionics.

This could become the stop gap measure till the project AZM delivers.

I can confirm that first prototype of JF-17 Block III took to air today. Congratulations. CAS was there for the event.

This’d be confirmed over next few days, through regular channels. :)

where did it happen ? China or Kamra Pakistan ? and does your source based in China or Pakistan ? everyone is so excited for a glimpse of block 3 :D
@Windjammer @Hodor @Knuckles @messiach bhaiyun/Behnoo time to make some calls :buba_phone:

Last edited:
Well, it could mean "SIGNIFICANT" changes in the frame - a bigger jet.

You don't need prototypes if you are just changing the avionics.

This could become the stop gap measure till the project AZM delivers.
the plan for jf17 was signed in 1996 and prototype went to factory in 1999-2000 and flew by 2001 and by 2003-05 we were full scale with alot of issues coming up given it was first project of PAC

block 3 is taking almost same time line..which means something is wrong..it might be a bigger upgrade than we expected

Back
Top Bottom