What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Wth. Every time dafeng cao breaks a news, he has image as well. First time, this all wait, and here we are, no freaking photo. Jab aana hi hai samnay to lehi aao ab

No! but they didn't need to. They were medium class already. They could accommodate the changes. They didn't need the prototype - did they?
And why assume that block-3 will in the category of medium weight, PAF never hinted any sign that block-3 will be in medium weight class, and F-16 project started as light weight fighter project, if, block-3 will in the medium weight in class then it will be no more JF-17 but JF-19 or something becuase it structurally/Mechanically different from JF-17

Yes! - something like J10-C / F-16.

JF-17 Thunder is a light-weight fighter aircraft, not medium-weight and it'll stay that way.

What do you think Pakistan is going to replace with it's light--weight fleet of 136 F-7s and 160 Mirages over the next decade?

Under Project Azm, Pakistan is designing a medium or medium to heavy-weight fighter aircraft.

And i am excited because of intakes and possibly bit lengthier or stronger wings along with modified LERX.

Rest all, I don’t care that much
i thinks this hints that block-3 has more powerful engine bigger intakes means greater airflow to more powerful engine

aik bol raha hai mota
dosra bol raha hai lamba hai
koi bol raha hai bara hai
koi bol raha hai same hai
koi bol raha hai engine nya laga
to koi bol raha hai cylensor nya laga hai
to koi bolt ahai cd70 ki trah bus patti change ki hai
:lol::tup::enjoy: weight for the specification and pics to come, we are all just geussing now:D

Well, it could mean "SIGNIFICANT" changes in the frame - a bigger jet.

You don't need prototypes if you are just changing the avionics.

This could become the stop gap measure till the project AZM delivers.

If there is a significant change in the frame my fears are that current JF-17s might not be completely upgradable to Block-III standard. But this much I believe was already understood fact. However, this fact may also mean that PAF would now acquire JF-17 beyond 200-250 units, with a majority being Block-III and above standard. I also wonder if PAF would at some point start to consider selling Block-I and IIs to a friendly country at a cheaper price and replace the numbers with Block III and potential succedding Blocks.

Back
Top Bottom