What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Can any member please confirm (or refute) these points:
  1. ACM Sohail Aman - at his retirement - confirmed that Block-III design is confirmed (I repeat the word design)
  2. 10% additional thrust confirmed.
  3. Bigger intakes confirmed
  4. AESA is confirmed
  5. PL-15 integration confirmed.
If all the above is true, then can we join the dots?

Will it not be a BIGGER JET?

We are just happy bro, its just this is much awaited , something PAF put their efforts on that is why it makes us even more excited, speculations are just usual here :D and everyone knows what to expect and what not to ..
yes absolutely long time coming; i am very interested in if they will mate Darter plus Raptor III onto this bird

Can any member please confirm (or refute) these points:
  1. ACM Sohail Aman - at his retirement - confirmed that Block-III design is confirmed (I repeat the word design)
  2. 10% additional thrust confirmed.
  3. Bigger intakes confirmed
  4. AESA is confirmed
  5. PL-15 integration confirmed.
If all the above is true, then can we join the dots?

Will it not be a BIGGER JET?
1: Which AESA ?name please
2: 10% is it WS-13E or RD-33MK? or we are still going with RD-93 with less life span?

1: Which AESA ?name please
2: 10% is it WS-13E or RD-33MK? or we are still going with RD-93 with less life span?
According to various senior and professional members especially @messiach ma'am we develop indigenous AESA for block-3, most probably block-3 have R-93MA, WS-13 tested few year back on JF-17 but PAF not satisfied its performance and RD-93MA has a better life span then original RD-93

Larget air intakes for better thrusts so it means we could see the RD-93 engine replaced with a better alternative
Better composite materials.
AESA radar.
Fly by wire system.
Mounted display for dogfights.
Possibly new cockpit.
New avionics and new software.
IRST system.
I heard its airframe will be slightly different but not sure.
I hope it comes with capability and configuration to deploy PL-15 missiles.

Two important things are AESA radar and PL-15 missiles. Without it it would be useless.

thanks, All em new features will make it a formidable aircraft.
I wonder if some of can be modified with a delta wing and specifically made into dedicated bombers?

According to various senior and professional members especially @messiach ma'am we develop indigenous AESA for block-3, most probably block-3 have R-93MA, WS-13 tested few year back on JF-17 but PAF not satisfied its performance and RD-93MA has a better life span then original RD-93
I don't think PAF has performance issues with WS-13 rather we have invested very much onto RD-93 that switching is costly and not very beneficia.

thanks, All em new features will make it a formidable aircraft.
I wonder if some of can be modified with a delta wing and specifically made into dedicated bobbers?
Nah, I'd rather they turned it into an airliner.

I don't think PAF has performance issues with WS-13 rather we have invested very much onto RD-93 that switching is costly and not very beneficia.
Oh bhai China weak point of its military industry is engine development, they have long way to go, WS-13 is a copy of RD-93, and RD-93 is matured engine which is based on RD-33

Back
Top Bottom