What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Did they specify that or is that just your take on it? I cant recall what was exactly said in the program.
That was my understanding which as per other senior members was incorrect.

@HRK can you please confirm that blk 3 is based on airframe of twin seater which was the initial rumour ?

@HRK can you please confirm that blk 3 is based on airframe of twin seater which was the initial rumour ?
I can not confirm or deny anything in this regards but as common sense dictates that block-III will also have both single and dual seat version .... but this does not mean blk-III is solely based on B version .....

As per JF-17 design methodology adopted by PAF back during the development of the initial block, production of air frame was de-linked from the development and integration of avionics. So, it is natural, PAC is working on its air frame while leadership is still trying to select AESA. Some other sources are already pointing that due to price issue, Pakistan Air Force has already selected the single antenna design KLJ-7A for Block-III. November is around the corner and in next 30 days, things will become more clearer. Advance apologies to all those who think production of Block-III is going to start in 2022.

Production of subassemblies has already started for the first two 50 Block 3 aircraft, to be assembled next year, and will be followed by another 12 in 2021, 2022, 2023, and 2024,” PAC chairman Air Marshall Ahmer Shahzad was quoted as saying by AINonline. We will assemble eight dual-seaters this year, followed by 14 in 2020, and the remaining four in 2021.”

But modp report gave a different schedule

IMG_4530.JPG

@Dazzler @HRK
So how many of the 26 B versions be Block-III?
probably all B version which will go under production in 2020 with JF-17A blk-III will have the same configuration as blk-III, again this is not confirmation of anything but a common understanding, plz read
A decision from the PAF leadership on a new AESA radar for the Block 3 JF-17s is pending and is expected by November, followed by its first operational sortie early next year. Then, in deals that were signed in late-2017, AMF will assemble 50 Block 3 JF-17s and 26 JF-17Bs.
source

so far we have seen only 4 JF-17B (click: JF-17B 19-604) in/for PAF and October is about to begin but BC-010007 was in production in almost complete state in PAC in end of month of Aug-2019 (pic attached below)
JF-17B (BC-010006-7) Sep-2019(e).jpg

So may be 1 or 2 which were also under initial production stage in Sep 2019 should be near completion now and those B version could be one of the early blk-IIIs .....

Again its all my guess work ....

probably all B version which will go under production in 2020 with JF-17A blk-III will have the same configuration as blk-III, again this is not confirmation of anything but a common understanding, plz read

source

so far we have seen only 4 JF-17B (click: JF-17B 19-604) in/for PAF and October is about to begin but BC-010007 was in production in almost complete state in PAC in end of month of Aug-2019 (pic attached below)
View attachment 586330

So may be 1 or 2 which were also under initial production stage in Sep 2019 should be near completion now and those B version could be one of the early blk-IIIs .....

Again its all my guess work ....
i think they will be all block 2 versions..but again i can be wrong as block 3 radar wasnt finalized when they went into productions...

and why do we have two serial no. in 1 AC, 07 & 06?

Back
Top Bottom