What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

It looks Block-3 is a bit far to be inducted.
Still waiting for Block-2 Twin seater formally inducted into PAF

Unlike the popular belief, there will be no significant change in tail design.
More hardpoints will come, but under the central fuselage. All underwing hardpoints will be compatible with fuel tanks which are specifically designed for Jf17.

all i can say is that we know nothing about the hardpoints, external design changes..so that is pure guess the same way we guessed that PAF will not induct the B versions, the turkish ships wont have SAMs etc and we were wrong...

what i can really say is that thunder wold need to up its game as tough competition is coming in the form of rafales and MRCA, Tejas MK2 and upgraded mirage2000s...jf17 will have to face them all

More hardpoints will come, but under the central fuselage. All underwing hardpoints will be compatible with fuel tanks which are specifically designed for Jf17.
So it'll have a hardpoint dedicated to pods. That'll free one for weapons, but that's about it.

Is this wish list or based on some inside info ?

You mean under chin or intake Hp/pylons in the front ?

Fuselage means I take in front and rear pet like j-10 has 4 Hp on fuselage plus one center fuselage total 5

all i can say is that we know nothing about the hardpoints, external design changes..so that is pure guess the same way we guessed that PAF will not induct the B versions, the turkish ships wont have SAMs etc and we were wrong...

what i can really say is that thunder wold need to up its game as tough competition is coming in the form of rafales and MRCA, Tejas MK2 and upgraded mirage2000s...jf17 will have to face them all

It’s going to be tough competition for JF-17
I heard the rumor that india might be interested in Saab JAS 39 Gripen to replace mig21.
we need to Mass produce Block 3 to replace all F-7Ps/PGs by 2023. Redesign block 4 (or new project) should go in production between 2023-2024

Last edited:
It’s going to be tough competition for JF-17
I heard the rumor that india might be interested in Saab JAS 39 Gripen to replace mig21.
we need to Mass produce Block 3 to replace all F-7Ps/PGs by 2023. Redesign block 4 (or new project) should go in production between 2023-2024

All f-7s will be gone and replaced by 50 block 3 plus 26 B models by 2022 as production is now targeted at 24/25 per year, 2020-2022 is the period for all jf on order by paf ie 76 total for now

One thing can change it for-example jf gets bigger order say 36 from Azarbagijan or Malaysia

In the industry 36-48 months is standard lead time for an order barring of course USA where production capacity is usually in hundreds per year due to local orders

Last edited:
IMG_4530.JPG

I was being pessimistic since block 2 production rate was slow and block 3 is already couple of years behind. If we can produce 25 planes per year, we might be able to replace them faster.

You are correct about foreign orders. We might see additional order for Nigeria, and hopefully Azerbaijan and Malaysia will order block 3.

Lol.. We will start manufacturing this blunder block 3 in 2023 and will finish in 2033 :rofl: @araz sir now tell me i was right or wrong???
plz be sensible .... read again what is written .....

Lol.. We will start manufacturing this blunder block 3 in 2023 and will finish in 2033 :rofl: @araz sir now tell me i was right or wrong???
You have not read the post properly. Your assumption of Bl 3 JFT being a blunder is unqualified and therefore irrelevant. At least you have a viable platform which is entering into its third Block. This for a country like Pakistan is a huge achievement. Do you not see the independence it brings you with regards to what armaments you can fit into it and where and when you can fly it?
A

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom