What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Stealth tech is not some kinda invisible tech anymore ...
enjoy ..good piece of info
https://nationalinterest.org/blog/b...17-was-shot-down-heres-how-it-went-down-37762

Stealth Shootout: In 1999, a U.S. Air Force F-117 Was Shot Down. Here's How it Went Down.
The F-117 shootdown was an embarrassing, though fortunately non-fatal, episode for the U.S. Air Force. It has been endlessly cited since as ‘proof’ that supposedly radar-invisible stealth planes could ‘easily’ be shot down by even dated Soviet-era SAM systems.
i was referring more to the "adaption" of the latest tech....

TVC is garbage , gas guzzler . Only good for acrobat. Hardly any AF has adopted this tech. Even Russian develop this tech in 80s. May be good for ground attack , but not good for air combat, when anti air missile chasing the plane over the speed of 2 mach.... non pilot would make a mistake to reduce the speed of plane and take steep turn and increase the thrust ....
Disagree with you; you can review the performance of Harriers vs Neshers; the kill rate speaks volume. in WVR they provide a significant edge in getting a clear firing solution at a much shorter envelope. This pushed Soviets to take notice given their yak could not provide rival to harriers; so TVC was 2nd best

Disagree with you; you can review the performance of Harriers vs Neshers; the kill rate speaks volume. in WVR they provide a significant edge in getting a clear firing solution at a much shorter envelope. This pushed Soviets to take notice given their yak could not provide rival to harriers; so TVC was 2nd best
Thrust vectoring and vertical take off and landing two different scenario.

Thrust vectoring and vertical take off and landing two different scenario.
yes they are but you did not follow what i was getting at; I wish i can draw on the board. In Harrier, VIFFing brought a distinct advantage against Neshers; that is what TVC attempts to replicate and very well too.

the defence spending 1978-2019 , is it related to AVIC, AVIC intl, CATIG etc.
1. I was talking about PLA and China military industry in 1980s or 1990s.

2. Most of military orders of AVIC and etc come from PLA, so the defense spending of China is related to them for sure.

3. AVIC and etc are not just military enterprises, and also have products for civil markets, similar to Boeing and Airbus. In 1980s and even 1990s, due to the lack of orders from PLA, they had to focus on civilian products in order to survive, and many production lines for weapons were given up.

You may be right. I have the yearbooks from 1994-2005. Prior to 1994, i dont have the year books but i know indirectly their yearbooks showed profit annually.

2. Most of military orders of AVIC and etc come from PLA, so the defense spending of China is related to them for sure.

Adjustments.JPG

IMG_4550.JPG

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom