What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

You have not read the post properly. Your assumption of Bl 3 JFT being a blunder is unqualified and therefore irrelevant. At least you have a viable platform which is entering into its third Block. This for a country like Pakistan is a huge achievement. Do you not see the independence it brings you with regards to what armaments you can fit into it and where and when you can fly it?
A
To be honest... U will say similar if we failed to produce block 3 in 2023??? Hah??

production of blk-III has already started as mention in interview of PAC director which was broadcast in the month of Sep this year
I think the production referred was of test platform and not the production version ...

I think the production referred was of test platform and not the production version ...
You are right.. We are working on only one prototype block 3.. Production will starts in 2022 IF things goes accordingly.. Else 2 to 3 years further delay

It’s going to be tough competition for JF-17
I heard the rumor that india might be interested in Saab JAS 39 Gripen to replace mig21.
we need to Mass produce Block 3 to replace all F-7Ps/PGs by 2023. Redesign block 4 (or new project) should go in production between 2023-2024
we dont know what block 3 is so block 4 is pretty much moat point..

no report of test platform ..... as the air frame is same
Wei said this probably means while the upgrades like the new AESA radar are still in development, the airframe, which remains roughly the same, can be manufactured without waiting.
source
1-
A decision from the PAF leadership on a new AESA radar for the Block 3 JF-17s is pending and is expected by November, followed by its first operational sortie early next year. Then, in deals that were signed in late-2017, AMF will assemble 50 Block 3 JF-17s and 26 JF-17Bs. Next year Air Engineering Depot 102 at PAF Base Faisal will start overhauling the jet's Klimov RD93 powerplant.
2-
PAC chairman Air Marshall Ahmer Shahzad told AIN, “Production of subassemblies has already started for the first two 50 Block 3 aircraft, to be assembled next year, and will be followed by another 12 in 2021, 2022, 2023, and 2024. We will assemble eight dual-seaters this year, followed by 14 in 2020, and the remaining four in 2021.”
So
- 2020 = 02 units would be produced
- 2021 = 12 units would be produced
- 2022 = 12 units would be produced
- 2023 = 12 units would be produced
- 2024 = 12 units would be produced
source

Last edited:

source

source
We had the November, 2019 being important so pretty much will result in finalization for AESA radar as the decision is still pending. So the first flight be expected earlier next year.

A good read and informative as well.

source
1-

2-

So
source
So 14 aircraft in 2020, 18 in 2021 and then 12 each year onwards. This is really slow pace of production. I was hoping it would be ramped up by now since we will suddenly hit a brick wall with a lot of airframes needing replacement and this one aircraft a month will not suffice.

So 14 aircraft in 2020, 18 in 2021 and then 12 each year onwards. This is really slow pace of production. I was hoping it would be ramped up by now since we will suddenly hit a brick wall with a lot of airframes needing replacement and this one aircraft a month will not suffice.
may be export order or some thing related to UAV production .... first prototype was supposed to fly this year as far as I remember .....

50 are the initial numbers which will be increased after assessing the performance of B3.
Another important issue is budget.

source
1-

2-

So
source

Thanks for sharing....

While producing block 3, I hope Pakistan will begin to work on medium weight 4.5++ fighter project, finalize the design and start the production by 2025. Pakistan must increase the capacity to build both light and medium weight fighter at the same time for both domestic requirement and foreign customers.

production of blk-III has already started as mention in interview of PAC director which was broadcast in the month of Sep this year
Thank you for posting the schedule of production which has been posted before as well. I merely replied as much as I was asked not knowing which direction the debate was taking. I could not gauge whether the poster was gesting or seeking information so kept it to the point. But thank you for posting what is known and in print.
Kind regards
A

Thanks for sharing....

While producing block 3, I hope Pakistan will begin to work on medium weight 4.5++ fighter project, finalize the design and start the production by 2025. Pakistan must increase the capacity to build both light and medium weight fighter at the same time for both domestic requirement and foreign customers.
I don't think that is going to happen. Look at what you are writing taking into consideration how much time has been taken to progress from Block 2 to 3. Do you really think these time scales are possible given PAF and Pakistan's resource constraints. With things improving it will still take us anywhere between 5 to 10 years to extricate ourselves from the problems that these two pieces of turds have left us with. Plus powers that be will never want us to escape their clutches and be independent. So there will be additional pressures and glitches created to impede progress.
A

You are right.. We are working on only one prototype block 3.. Production will starts in 2022 IF things goes accordingly.. Else 2 to 3 years further delay
Lol what are they doing..seems block 3 time frame is even longer than the original thunder

Back
Top Bottom