What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

That may be an illustration on that time for possible Block-III. We haven't seen it flying at all nor any further evidence. May be we are looking at idea of Block-III being bulky & having swept back tail like Block-B. Remember that JF-17 Block-B is what JF-17 III may looks like.
I am betting it will be more like Blk B.

BLK 3 will look almost 90% like BLK 2, only major physical change might be the vertical tail which will resemble the dual seater. Majority of the changes will be internal.

This is because changing the airframe requires a near-complete redesign of any plane, and often it is easier to start from scratch rather than redesigning.

Last edited:
Illustration is for reference purpose only not definitive aircraft.

Presented on a placard sitting inside the AMF with dates of induction and completion mentioned. Its more of confirmation, not illustration.

I am betting it will be more like Blk B.

Seems to be the case.

View attachment 577540

Does the poster says, BlockIII A/C 2019-22
Total figure seems to be 3 digit 100?

Wow, you read it, i couldnt. :D

View attachment 577540

Does the poster says, BlockIII A/C 2019-22
Total figure seems to be 3 digit 100?
@JamD if this is accurate, then it picks up on the points I made about removing the rear-seat from the JF-17B and extending the fuel (?) spine up. Basically, similar to the MiG-29KUB. If they retain the dorsal spine of the JF-17B and then extend it further, that might explain the fuel capacity increase too.

screenshot-www.youtube.com-2018.07.14-05-09-31.jpg

@JamD if this is accurate, then it picks up on the points I made about removing the rear-seat from the JF-17B and extending the fuel (?) spine up. Basically, similar to the MiG-29KUB. If they retain the dorsal spine of the JF-17B and then extend it further, that might explain the fuel capacity increase too.

Seems as if someone at PAC is paying attention to your posts mate.

I was expecting Pakistan will unveil it's
JF-17 block III on August 14 Pakistan day. But nothing hearing about it's debut.

They couldnt, it was on the test bench. Still is.

i think B version can be fitted with AESA radar

Yes, it can as it has provisions for it.

Presented on a placard sitting inside the AMF with dates of induction and completion mentioned. Its more of confirmation, not illustration.
The date of induction is allegedly 2019......has it been inducted or has the prototype made an appearance or a flight.....They used a picture of JF-17B merely to accompany the details.

The date of induction is allegedly 2019......has it been inducted or has the prototype made an appearance or a flight.....They used a picture of JF-17B merely to accompany the details.

So, the supposed designers of the aircraft didnt know what it will look like?

Two different countries and two different situations. Poverty is a b@#ch. Bangladesh has alot of other problems it needs to address before it can beef up its military. Although, we all saw how a minimum military capability is needed to protect ones interest.

Coming back to the thread, I'm very happy for Pakistan. This is excellent news.

And hope to see further cooperation between Pakistan and Turkey.

Let it be an example for other muslim nations.
Add Iran too. Iran is equally powerful as Turkey and Pakistan.

Seems as if someone at PAC is paying attention to your posts mate.
naa man, there were only 1 of 2 possibilities, they either go the MiG-29M/M2/KUB route, or they do it old school and work on a single seat design separately. It's just that re-working the JF-17B is really interesting and unique.

If it is indeed true then it is a good sign. A sign that the PAC isn't afraid to get their hands dirty and evolve the aircraft significantly if there is a scope. I say this because there is a certain inertia in just continuing what you were doing well already.

If it is indeed true then it is a good sign. A sign that the PAC isn't afraid to get their hands dirty and evolve the aircraft significantly if there is a scope. I say this because there is a certain inertia in just continuing what you were doing well already.
One factor in play is CAC/AVIC. They might have told the PAF this can be an option right from the start and they spelled out the time and cost savings of the route.

Back
Top Bottom