What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

View attachment 578391 Blk3 has differences from B model. Notice more composites in the b3 all the way to the forward fuselage below cockpit, serial numbers, spine harnesses for avionics, fbw and fuel pipe for IFR. Also note thicker wing tip which is absent in 601/3.

View attachment 578384 View attachment 578385 View attachment 578386 View attachment 578387 View attachment 578388

Intake, leading edge, nose..

View attachment 578390 View attachment 578391 View attachment 578392
But is it BLK III airframe

Again, why are you so sure ... it looks like a B under construction and even its cn. says BCxxx?

Soy why should it be Block 3 already?
I am not sure sir that's why I am asking the question.

[
View attachment 578391 Blk3 has differences from B model. Notice more composites in the b3 all the way to the forward fuselage below cockpit, serial numbers, spine harnesses for avionics, fbw and fuel pipe for IFR. Also note thicker wing tip which is absent in 601/3.

View attachment 578384 View attachment 578385 View attachment 578386 View attachment 578387 View attachment 578388

Intake, leading edge, nose..

View attachment 578390 View attachment 578391 View attachment 578392
can thicker wingtips signify wvr missile hardpoints just like f 16's hence a possibility to carry 6 aams without dual racks sir and are jft's wings Large and strong enough for this purpose overlooking the flight control laws adjustment /programming problems that it can create for fbw flight control system.

Don't know but a few weeks ago someone on this forum said that they are pretty authentic.
Shouldn't we analyse what they are saying increased payload means significant hardening of the airframe and significant increase in thrust from the engine so are they anticipating both developments and on what basis ?

Sorry to nitpick, but I'm not sure especially since the airframe is labelled a BCxxxx.

They are using B's airframe with some modifications done to meet EARLY blk 3 specs. They dont see the need to reinvent the wheel and carve another dual seat for blk 3s.

Frame BC0006 is first blk 3 prototype. There are two more on on the test bench at AMF. The video has MANY interesting details.

They are using B's airframe with some modifications done to meet EARLY blk 3 specs. They dont see the need to reinvent the wheel and carve another dual seat for blk 3s.

Frame BC0006 is first blk 3 prototype. There are two more on on the test bench at AMF. The video has MANY interesting details.
That might not be the case at all dear....BC0006 does not represent the air-frame but a specific segment for identification and assembly ..... the lower front segment of the fuselage is represented by BC0007....

Last edited:
Sorry in case I missed it, but why are you so sure, this is the Block 3 prototype especially since that airframe is clearly labelled BCxxxx?
Its obviously one of the 18+ B versions ordered..
As previously notice this year and next year the B versions will be produced in numbers..
We almost in third quarter..so i guess we might end up with 10ish B versions this year

III will probably be revealed sometime next year with serial production in late 2021

B versions will probably be more similar to III though

Is the clip all or it’s a complete program with visit to the factory as well ? Usually the program is 30-40 minutes ??

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom