What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

and this innovation and improvement could be used to replace aging mirage 3/5 fleet. provided it has improved engine and higher external load capacity. if all of the above is true, we could see more blk 3 beyond initial 50. however blk 1 and 2 also need to be upgraded with aesa and other goodies. and that is where 2nd aesa radar comes into play. after all there will be appx. 140-150 example of blk 1 [48] , 2 [62] and B [30 -40] version needing new radar and avionics upgrade.
Yes, there needs to be a scheduled upgrade; part of life cycle

8 bs this year 14 next year 4 2021
Its obviously one of the 18+ B versions ordered..
As previously notice this year and next year the B versions will be produced in numbers..
We almost in third quarter..so i guess we might end up with 10ish B versions this year

III will probably be revealed sometime next year with serial production in late 2021

B versions will probably be more similar to III though

Is the clip all or it’s a complete program with visit to the factory as well ? Usually the program is 30-40 minutes ??
I am trying to find, but nothing concrete yet. Full program would have been excellent details on JF-17B.

View attachment 578391 Blk3 has differences from B model. Notice more composites in the b3 all the way to the forward fuselage below cockpit, serial numbers, spine harnesses for avionics, fbw and fuel pipe for IFR. Also note thicker wing tip which is absent in 601/3.

View attachment 578384 View attachment 578385 View attachment 578386 View attachment 578387 View attachment 578388

Intake, leading edge, nose..

View attachment 578390 View attachment 578391 View attachment 578392

@messiach

??per who
In that "Ace of PAF" video there are two people talking one calls himself Maverick and other calls himself Viper, mostly likely just two youngsters with no jobs and too much time on their hands acting like experts :partay:

In that "Ace of PAF" video there are two people talking one calls himself Maverick and other calls himself Viper, mostly likely just two youngsters with no jobs and too much time on their hands acting like experts :partay:
:blah:

from experience we never know anything happens..PAF, PN, PA just drops bombshells whenever they want..
nobody knew about milgem or type 54 till they were well beyond final stage..i dont even know we will know something even we they are in service :pakistan:

View attachment 578391 Blk3 has differences from B model. Notice more composites in the b3 all the way to the forward fuselage below cockpit, serial numbers, spine harnesses for avionics, fbw and fuel pipe for IFR. Also note thicker wing tip which is absent in 601/3.

View attachment 578384 View attachment 578385 View attachment 578386 View attachment 578387 View attachment 578388

Intake, leading edge, nose..

View attachment 578390 View attachment 578391 View attachment 578392

Even I shared these pictures earlier in Block-B thread, I am pretty much convinced that by appearance of canopy size, the frame number on fuselage under canopy & hinged canopy opening sideways validates it to be Block-B frames. Also, Block-III is in China.

There are not Block III in that video, just 1 Block II and 3 JF-17Bs under construction and two JF-17Bs completed in that hanger where the video is shot. Also the green portions just indicate the mid-fuselage section that is built in China and not Pakistan. Nothing to do with composites.

Was this clip part of a program ? So there was a program but not available at channel website nor YouTube ?

May be publictv can make it available

The AVM being interviewed mentioned the tour of the facility, meaning that the program was longer but only the last segment was aired. I suspect maybe they censored, or stopped them from airing the full program.

Block-III is in China.

Single seat perhaps, but the dual seater is being worked at AMF, one of my sources is involved in the project. B models are modified into blk 3 dual seat models.

Single seat perhaps, but the dual seater is being worked at AMF, one of my sources is involved in the project. B models are modified into blk 3 dual seat models.

Yes, Block-B is what Block-III may looks like or pretty much represent the same bird but these are our Block-B frames for total 8 by the end of year. Block-III will be based upon Block-B at large but does not mean these are Block-III. That particular air-frame will be flying in November, may be. I can be wrong in info as such but that is what I have all to say.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom