What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Initial batches will still be carrying passive scanning. Active electronics needs significant inhouse solution at the moment. The power plant with idle max thrust at sea level to idle max weight ratio reported >1. @Oscar @MastanKhan
That means initial batches will have PESA and not AESA radar? So, the solutions on offer are not being integrated?

As a mech engineer, having liquid cooled radars does not make sense to me. Liquid cooling will make the radar heat exchangers bulky, plus then you have to find means of dispelling the heat within the liquid to the air to complete the cycle. On the flip side an air cooled radar would make more sense, since the one thing that any plane has abundant supply of is fast moving cold air. The heated air can be discharged and replenished with new air without having the need to remove the heat from the air. The only advantage of a liquid cooled system is that it is thermally more efficient. Perhaps there are other considerations in a jet that I'm missing.

Density of a liquid is much more than gas (air);
thus the amount of heat that can be dissipated is much more.
This is why air cooling couldn't work for very long in cars.
Like @Oscar is telling you, two phase cooling is the way to go.

Now, electronic cooling is very interesting, but it will mean compromising the radar's efficiency most probably.

I've been able to confirm PAF interest in AESA/PL-15 integration for JF-17 Block-III. It will enable JF-17s to engage targets at extended BVR ranges, where the aircraft itself will not be visible on enemy's radar due to low RCS. We're talking 150+ km.
https://twitter.com/schaheid

Is it True ??

The simulator game looks great however the motion of the plane looked a bit un realistic how it was jumping over the missile last minute

Would be great if it had like 40 vs 40 mode
The 1 vs 1 would be a bit .....too realistic

The visuals of simulator look great ....

You can do massive air to air, as well as air, sea, and land all at once

Now we just need the JF-17 Mod to have the SD-10, P-10E, and PL-15 and our engineers can start working on some tactics in this simulator

This is not DCS thread please.

got it, sorry man, just wanted to demonstrate the phoenix missile maybe the closest kinetically to the PL-15, and that the tactics from the phoenix missile should be studied when employing the PL-15.

Any news about klj7a radar's tr module type i.e are they GaA based or GaN?

And block iiis engin same Rd 93?

And is there any news about its jhmcs if any?

is built in irst part of block iii package?

@MastanKhan @Windjammer @Oscar

@FuturePAF @Bilal Khan (Quwa)

@Zarvan
nothing definitive yet, PAF is evaluating its next move and will keep it hidden until its necessary to show it. Remember the blurred PGM video. PAF wants to keep a few tricks up its sleeve to keep the enemy guessing.

got it, sorry man, just wanted to demonstrate the phoenix missile maybe the closest kinetically to the PL-15, and that the tactics from the phoenix missile should be studied when employing the PL-15.

nothing definitive yet, PAF is evaluating its next move and will keep it hidden until its necessary to show it. Remember the blurred PGM video. PAF wants to keep a few tricks up its sleeve to keep the enemy guessing.
Thanks

Hi,

Right now---no news is good news---.
I may be absolutely wrong and bonkers
But we should buy a couple of squadrons
Of j10c so we won't have to rush blk iii
We can also resell it to China but we need
finished goods now.

Thanks

I may be absolutely wrong and bonkers
But we should buy a couple of squadrons
Of j10c so we won't have to rush blk iii
We can also resell it to China but we need
finished goods now.
By buying J10 we also be relying on china for that. PAF thought is make your own plane so JF-17 block 3 make scene. it's not just a plane price but spare parts price be also included in it and also creation of new tactic and training will increase it's cost. Buying new plane sound good but it's pain in the ***

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom