What's new

Japan to Give Vietnam Boats, Equipment Amid China's Buildup

yes, we appreciate your help. we need more powerful ships to ram the chinese if they come again. win-win for the world.
vietnam-naval-aggression-south-china-sea-may-2014.jpg

ship_RIRK.jpg

Not 'ram', my friend, perhaps you mean "peacefully ejecting hostile forces in a non lethal manner". I think that's what you meant.

Ram Chinese ships? Wake us up when you have the guts to ram us or better yet fire the first shot.
Our retaliation will be sweet revenge :devil:

200 million yen ($1.7 million) worth of used ships and equipment

Wait, you can get a modern patrol boat with USD1.7 million? Because the 47 feet (14 meter) Motor Lifeboat used by US coast guard cost about USD1.2 million.
47-foot Motor Lifeboat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
So 1.7 million USD will buy you 1.5 of a 14 meter motor boat, though considering Japanese product is typically way more expensive than US products, I doubt 1.7 million can get you anything that is less than three decades old. (Even the US coast guard 47 feet boat is made in 1997, or 188 years ago.) Or am I mistaken and it is it literally a "boat"?

yes, we appreciate your help. we need more powerful ships to ram the chinese if they come again. win-win for the world.
vietnam-naval-aggression-south-china-sea-may-2014.jpg

ship_RIRK.jpg

China's current cutters are all around 12000 tons, do you wanna scuttle your own ships?

lol it be funny to buy ship from china then use it against china.

Wait, you can get a modern patrol boat with USD1.7 million? Because the 47 feet (14 meter) Motor Lifeboat used by US coast guard cost about USD1.2 million.
47-foot Motor Lifeboat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
So 1.7 million USD will buy you 1.5 of a 14 meter motor boat, though considering Japanese product is typically way more expensive than US products, I doubt 1.7 million can get you anything that is less than three decades old. (Even the US coast guard 47 feet boat is made in 1997, or 188 years ago.) Or am I mistaken and it is it literally a "boat"?
$1,7 million for 2 used boats. each 56 metres length, 1,000 tons hayato class, decommissioned, around 25 years old. Japan gives us 6 boats for free this year, and another 2 next year. after refurbished and equipped with modern naval stuffs, the vessels can run for another 50 years. 8 patrol vessels. quality, made in Japan.

tau.jpg

China's current cutters are all around 12000 tons, do you wanna scuttle your own ships?
I have no clue. however, I´m pretty sure our coast guard won´t send 1,000 tons vessel to confront such a monster. No. we will have another surprise for you.

Ram Chinese ships? Wake us up when you have the guts to ram us or better yet fire the first shot.
Our retaliation will be sweet revenge :devil:
no worry, as you wish, I have put your name into the list "shoot me please!".

Back
Top Bottom