What's new

Japan PM says will take time to provide patrol ships to Vietnam

Excellent promotion. Vietnam has the potential to overcome India to bocome the world's largest sucker

well, political stance is not relevant in business, after all potential buyers ARE potential buyers right?

well, political stance is not relevant in business, after all potential buyers ARE potential buyers right?
I see you have nice vessels. Vietnam parliament just approves a plan to spend some $756.8 million to strengthen the coastguard. a high number of our patrol vessels are damaged by chinese aggressive actions around the oil rig.

Vietnam house plans to spend $756 mln on coast guard | Politics | Thanh Nien Daily

Excellent promotion. Vietnam has the potential to overcome India to bocome the world's largest sucker
you have humor.

China has a terrible military history when it comes to fight against foreign invaders.
the Chinese is traditionally a loser :cry:

after the war, Vietnam paid tributes and got peace in return. that is common in ancient times. That is not as accepting Yuan dynasty supremacy as you call it.

Paying tribute is accepting supremacy, to avoid further attacks, I don't know how you can call it anything else.

As for China and foreign invaders, you have to read this thread:
Nomad vs Sedentary and spread of Islam

Nomads had an edge on all sedentary societies till gun technology improved around 1500 AD, that is when nomads started loosing. But Chinese Ming dynasty beat the Mongols even before that as another poster pointed out. Mongols could not rule China more than 100 years, before they were driven out and their capital Karakorum was sacked and burned down.

It was knowledge and technology they learned from close contact with Chinese civilization that helped Mongols and even earlier Turkics spread their empire.Today the nomads that spread their empires and their successor states are closest to China than any other major sedentary societies such as Europe and India. China is also allied with Russia, another major sedentary society. China can use these alliances to beat any opposition. Japan, Vietnam or India cannot stand in the way. US is too far away to help, they are fading away as a superpower, its just a matter of few decades, what you cannot see now, will become clear in a few years:
Abe's Strategy: Rearrange Region's Power Balance | Page 19

Resistance is futile.

Last edited:
Paying tribute is accepting supremacy, to avoid further attacks, I don't know how you can call it anything else.

As for China and foreign invaders, you have to read this thread:
Nomad vs Sedentary and spread of Islam

Nomads had an edge on all sedentary societies till gun technology improved around 1500 AD, that is when nomads started loosing. But Chinese Ming dynasty beat the Mongols even before that as another poster pointed out. Mongols could not rule China more than 100 years, before they were driven out and their capital Karakorum was sacked and burned down.

It was knowledge and technology they learned from close contact with Chinese civilization that helped Mongols and even earlier Turkics spread their empire.Today the nomads that spread their empires and their successor states are closest to China than any other major sedentary societies such as Europe and India. China is also allied with Russia, another major sedentary society. China can use these alliances to beat any opposition. Japan, Vietnam or India cannot stand in the way. US is too far away to help, they are fading away as a superpower, its just a matter of few decades, what you cannot see now, will become clear in a few years:
Abe's Strategy: Rearrange Region's Power Balance | Page 19

Resistance is futile.

The profoundness of your statement is simply too much for these people to understand.

Although I hate to say, I must admit your recommendation is very professional and thoughtful. You even take into account of the loss rate per mission for viets. Great job.

Here is my business proposal. We control its mission's loss rate. You make sure its refilling order ready on time. we share the profits. win win.

Last edited:
I don.t know whether you are Mainland chinese or Taiwanese ? At least I think democracy in Taiwan is better than dictatorship in mainland.

That's your opinion since from where we live, it does not seem like a dictatorship. It is a perfect model for China as the times require. Call a failed system dictatorship as (or, if) it resists change. In that case, any system that resists change (although it proves to be a failure) is a dictatorship.

China is not a failure. China is not a dictatorship. It is a successful model of governance.

If you spare me the right to define my own terminology, then, I would call India, Vietnam and the Pinoy-land a dictatorship because they fail to change although they themselves are failures.

China, on the other hand, is a giant system that is experimental and progressive although progress is never radical but incremental. The state is a giant ship, and you cannot simply swerve radically. A few millimeters of change will in the end result in a huge digression.

Taiwan was a success, once, but, as in the nature of US-style two party regimes, system in Taiwan seems to be clogged and not working. People feel powerless as they cannot change anything within the system and the system resists change.

Taiwan is a semi-dictatorship.

It is extremly weird that Philippine keep quite slient in this event, even not providing a lip-service support for viets. I always thought phillos shuold be our priory striking target. It looks I was wrong. The stupidity of vietnam government is beyond my imigination.

Indeed. I used to think in the same way. But, Vietnam voluntarily took the place for the Pinoy. Hence, they are receiving all the brunt while the Pinoy polish their ego with captured fishermen.

Last edited:
Why not try to seek patrol ships from nearby ship builders? Indonesia can provide them with far cheaper pricetags, Philippines is buying ships from Indonesia.

Or you prefer bigger platform but not too big

IMG_2657.jpg

With 50 million dollars you can have more than 30 of those ships, weaponize them with AShM and swarm them on the sea. Eventhough you lost one two three of them during a mission, the lost will not be too costly

We have our own patrol ship similar like this ... cost 1 million per each

1071170_qp_nam_phaoham_05.jpg

We have our own patrol ship similar like this ... cost 1 million per each

1071170_qp_nam_phaoham_05.jpg

nice boat indeed, so...instead of waiting for 2nd hand japanese ships, why don't use the money to build more of this ships?

Bom-bom ship instead of Bom-bom car, that's the role of Coastguard ship in modern era, especially in South Chinese Sea

nice boat indeed, so...instead of waiting for 2nd hand japanese ships, why don't use the money to build more of this ships?
They're only 400 tons ship and belong to navy ( 400TT-TP), so we need larger ships for patrol mission.
Vietnam Coast Guard variant is 400TT which was in service.

P/S: $1 million is only for basic design, price per ship was around $10 millions.

They're only 400 tons ship and belong to navy ( 400TT-TP), so we need larger ships for patrol mission.
Vietnam Coast Guard variant is 400TT which was in service.

P/S: $1 million is only for basic design, price per ship was around $10 millions.

You need larger boats to ram with China's coming 15000 tons patrol vessels, right? :coffee:

You need larger boats to ram with China's coming 15000 tons patrol vessels, right? :coffee:
"Ram" was Chinese style in that case, not Vietnamese, we need more for patrol ...
Until now, I still don't know what's kind of this 15000 tons patrol. Can you provide some images like CG !?

That's your opinion since from where we live, it does not seem like a dictatorship. It is a perfect model for China as the times require. Call a failed system dictatorship as (or, if) it resists change. In that case, any system that resists change (although it proves to be a failure) is a dictatorship.

China is not a failure. China is not a dictatorship. It is a successful model of governance.

If you spare me the right to define my own terminology, then, I would call India, Vietnam and the Pinoy-land a dictatorship because they fail to change although they themselves are failures.

China, on the other hand, is a giant system that is experimental and progressive although progress is never radical but incremental. The state is a giant ship, and you cannot simply swerve radically. A few millimeters of change will in the end result in a huge digression.

Taiwan was a success, once, but, as in the nature of US-style two party regimes, system in Taiwan seems to be clogged and not working. People feel powerless as they cannot change anything within the system and the system resists change.

Taiwan is a semi-dictatorship.

Indeed. I used to think in the same way. But, Vietnam voluntarily took the place for the Pinoy. Hence, they are receiving all the brunt while the Pinoy polish their ego with captured fishermen.

I don't think that chinese people like this dictatorship so much. There is relatives of whom who has his position in dictatorship system.

I don't think that chinese people like this dictatorship so much. There is relatives of whom who has his position in dictatorship system.

I explained already that terminologies could be rather relative.

Call your system in any way, or invent some new terminology, that mean nada. What is important is if the system is working and actually delivering or not.

I do not care if you or any other nation remains the same backward land after three decades of relative peace. Your system is worthless. If you think democracy is gonna work for you, go for it.

But do not adopt something for the sake of adopting something. Bring out a working model, and we will praise you.

Our model is not dictatorship because it is indigenous, adaptive, and subject to incremental change all the time. And it delivers actual, concrete, empirical result.

If dictatorship sounds boo boo, then name it the other way so both of us would be happy about that.

Vietnam is Communist, too, but, for some reason, your communism is rigid and corrupt.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom