What's new

Japan PM says will take time to provide patrol ships to Vietnam

Viets are showing off their new toyso_O,lol

And they were able to bleed the PLA dry during the Sino-Vietnamese War in 1979. Even their paramilitary units had easy pickings on the so called 'crack' PLA units.

Don't underestimate the Vietnamese. They have a history of humbling great powers: Khmer Empire, Champa Kingdom,China, Mongol-ruled China, France, the United States.

In fact I find great similarity between the Vietnamese and my people in Japan. Both Vietnam and Japan were able to successfully repel Mongol invasions , whereas the Chinese were incapable of do so. China was conquered by the barbarian Mongols and later the Jurchen-Manchu tribes.

And they were able to bleed the PLA dry during the Sino-Vietnamese War in 1979. Even their paramilitary units had easy pickings on the so called 'crack' PLA units.

Don't underestimate the Vietnamese. They have a history of humbling great powers: Khmer Empire, Champa Kingdom,China, Mongol-ruled China, France, the United States.

In fact I find great similarity between the Vietnamese and my people in Japan. Both Vietnam and Japan were able to successfully repel Mongol invasions , whereas the Chinese were incapable of do so. China was conquered by the barbarian Mongols and later the Jurchen-Manchu tribes.
yeah...also we annihilated the Siam army at the decisive battle of 1785 and expulsed the Siamese back to their homeland.

Carte_royaume_de_Siam.png

Last edited:
yeah...also we annihilated the Siam Kingdom at the decisive battle of 1785 and expulsed the Siamese back to their homeland.

Carte_royaume_de_Siam.png

What impressed me was the Battle of Bien Dien Phu! But yes, it is evident that the Vietnamese have survived the perilous waves of foreign invasion in its history. And I believe that not even China can scare the national will of the Vietnamese. When push comes to shove, she will strike decisively.

@Oldman1 ,

This is great, but i think $700 million is a bit too much for their budget. The United States CG recently turned over 2 of their Hamilton Class Cutters to the Philippines, and i believe 1 to Nigeria and 1 to Bangladesh. Perhaps the USCG can turn over some to Vietnam. This would be perfect to build a more strategic relationship between The United States and Vietnam.

One possible option is the Shikishima Class of the Japanese Coast Guard:

Another option also could be the Hida Class:
Saryu is 1/5 th of the cost of those US giants.but our GSL class will be more charming one.:partay:

105 M Offshore Patrol Vessel, Advanced Patrol Vessel, Manufacturer, Goa, India

yup...its good for sparring.but Vietnam has to get these fast.they don't need top of the line product.they need which could serve their priority well.but those pics I've posted costs $105 mil a piece. :D probably old Samar Class can be reasoned with at that cost,if we give them a good amount of discount.
No, PLH type or Legend class, and even Saryu are cost too much for VN budget. And we don't need big and heavy armed vessel right now ( it will take longer time to provide them to VN forces).
So Hida class from Japan, Vishwast Class from India are good enough, especially Hida class with her high-speed, high-functionality patrol capable, advanced digital communication system, reinforced hull against bullet shoot, good armed ....

No need to give them for free, but the deal with transfer tech condition and good price are best solution.
a Gepard costs about $350m with weapons (wiki). we have 2 right now. 4 more coming.

The frigate is armed with 8 Uran-E anti-ship missiles, a 76.2-mm gun mount AK-176M, a Palma air defense artillery system, two 30-mm gun mounts AK-630M and 533-mm torpedo tubes. It can carry a Ka-28 or a Ka-31 Helix naval helicopter.
I want to correct it, I heard only 2 more ships for VPAN, not 4, and last 2 ship has ASW capable, not all 4.
The price was 175m$ per ship, don't know if that's included weapons price ... (like Kh-35 Uran).

P/S: busy this time, but i'm back ... :D

even if vietnam cannot get *used* japanese ships, they can still get them new. last year we signed a deal for 2 large patrol ships and 10 smaller patrol ships with good financing terms. the two larger ones were supposed to be used units slated to retire, but I believe it was changed at the last minute because they needed to keep them in commission. for what it's worth, japan is quite interested in distracting china in the south so they don't have to deal with them as much in the north.

What impressed me was the Battle of Bien Dien Phu! But yes, it is evident that the Vietnamese have survived the perilous waves of foreign invasion in its history. And I believe that not even China can scare the national will of the Vietnamese. When push comes to shove, she will strike decisively.
the French made the tragic mistake by underestimating our intelligence and resolve.

they assumed the Vietminh could never deploy heavy artillery, bringing them from 1,000 km away through the jungle, over the mountains, crossing the rivers into the battlefield.
when the French troop noticed the cannon beats, then it was too late for them. there was no escape.

dph-vm-artillery.jpg

viet-minh-soldiers-pulling-a-howitzer-across-a-hill-339916-viet-minh-soldiers-pulling-a-howitzer-across-a-hill-dbp-f9qkk87.jpg

10365946_543557879100510_7349783729535408724_n.jpg

Last edited:
Vietnam should adopt Indian democracy and Pinoy industry.

These two are the best after sliced bread.

you can teach it to mainland chinese, bro. :undecided:

We made it clear we will not adopt anything from others just because it is imposed on us, be it Western style democracy or Pinoy style industry.

Indians, on the other, find consolation for their being the most-populous failure on earth on their great great democracy.

Viet seems to be taking a similar direction.

We made it clear we will not adopt anything from others just because it is imposed on us, be it Western style democracy or Pinoy style industry.

Indians, on the other, find consolation for their being the most-populous failure on earth on their great great democracy.

Viet seems to be taking a similar direction.

I don.t know whether you are Mainland chinese or Taiwanese ? At least I think democracy in Taiwan is better than dictatorship in mainland.

Vietnam has a difficult terrain on their side to repel 3 invasions but eventually they accepted Yuan dynasty supremacy. Japanese were helped by the Kamikaze or divine winds during both invasions.
Mongol invasions of Vietnam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mongol invasions of Japan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
even if vietnam cannot get *used* japanese ships, they can still get them new. last year we signed a deal for 2 large patrol ships and 10 smaller patrol ships with good financing terms. the two larger ones were supposed to be used units slated to retire, but I believe it was changed at the last minute because they needed to keep them in commission. for what it's worth, japan is quite interested in distracting china in the south so they don't have to deal with them as much in the north.
Japan is eager to find someone to help it shield the bullets. With a little price paid by Japs, there is a clown called vietnam volunteerly step out to bear the brunt, we will satisfied its wish.

It is extremly weird that Philippine keep quite slient in this event, even not providing a lip-service support for viets. I always thought phillos shuold be our priory striking target. It looks I was wrong. The stupidity of vietnam government is beyond my imigination.

Japan build ships so fast, at this moment they are building ships for Phillipines and Indonesia ..
First come first serve.

Japan, India, Korea, USA could give Vietnam shipyards money for building themselves the ships ...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom