beijingwalker

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
Japan self-defense ship, fishing boat collide; two in critical condition
TOKYO Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:1
r

An upset boat (front), which collided with the Japanese Maritime Self-Defence Force's transport vessel Osumi (rear), is seen off Otake, Hiroshima prefecture, in this aerial view photo taken by Kyodo January 15, 2014.

(Reuters) - A Japanese Self-Defence Force ship and a leisurefishing boat collided off the coast of Hiroshima in western Japan, leaving two of the fishing boat's crew in critical condition, the country's defence minister said on Wednesday.

The fishing boat, with four crew, capsized after the collision with the vessel "Osumi" at around 8 a.m. (2300 GMT). The cause of the collision is still being investigated, the Japanese Coast Guard said.

"This accident is very regrettable," Defence Minister Itsunori Onodera told an emergency news conference after the accident, pledging full cooperation and help with the probe.

The accident comes as Prime Minister Shinzo Abe boosts military spending to counter a more militarily assertive China, with ships from the two countries shadowing each other around a group of East China Sea islets claimed by both.

Japan calls the islands the Senkaku and China calls them the Diaoyu.

The accident occurred in the Seto Inland Sea to the east of Atatajima, a small island off the coast of Hiroshima city, the Coast Guard said, adding that the remaining two crew of the fishing boat were conscious and their lives were not in danger.

(Reporting by Antoni Slodkowski; Editing by Clarence Fernandez)

Next time, a Type 052C destroyer should "accidentally" collide with Osumi. :p:

Next time, a Type 052C destroyer should "accidentally" collide with Osumi. :p:

Yes. It would come true, because suicide attempt is popular when we observe the way the J8 aircraft cross the EP3 and Chinese tank ship cross and stop in the way of USS Cowpens ...

If something happen as you said, I state that's Chinese who is wrong ( in advance )
Remember Osumi similar to Type 071 and doubled to type 052C ...

We guess the Japanese steel harder than Chinese steel ...

I don't know whose is harder,but I do know we have a hell lot of steel.

image2.jpg
Reminds me of Mao Zedong's dream to produce more steel than Britain. The thing is, Mao wasn't expecting to beat all those nations in the graph.

Mao can laugh in his grave, but his obsession with steel production output brought the nation a terrible disaster.

Back
Top Bottom