What's new

J-10C for PAF - Hypothetical Scenario

So @Syed Hammad Ahmed thinks that in that aid we will upgrade our F-16 to V standard

yes i got it and thanks.
i was looking into it something of better relationship which you are not convinced at. i see coming year with many prospects not only including defense but also trade and investment, recently US announced 15 trade delegations to visit Pakistan in the next year.
Alice Wells while criticizing CPEC and comparing their assistance over the years, she was convinced with their way of work, better than China.
it seems they are coming to the table for a detailed talk while having realized Pakistan slipping out and they cannot afford it whatever the relationship they grow with India and at what level.

If you are trying to just generalize the “UNDER-PERFORMANCE” of J-10 with having everything Chinese origin, then applying that theory, similarly our Thunders are no less useless ?

Buddy, that’s a very wrong ASSESSMENT. What makes you think “Turkey having geographical half in Europe” make them producing “First-Timer” avionics as Northrop G or LockheedM /Selex level ?

What experience do they have that China lacks ? China has proven itself in EVERY FIELD while Turkey is where China was a decade ago.

These Chinese origin products on Thunder have proven their worth in Ground ops of PAF as well as CAP missions and 27 Feb.

As for J-10, J-10 can be TRUELY made a REAL REPLY to Rafale threat, it can host more BVRs, has a better engine, in turn can host a STRONGER RADAR, and ECM/EW Suite and Better PLAAF missiles such as the RAMJET one under development. All these combined are something even Block 3 thunder as a Light weight fighter CANT afford.

Block 3 will be the BEST A LIGHT WEIGHT FIGHTER AIRCRAFT can offer against a Threat like Rafale but the category of F-16 B60/70 or J-10C can truely give you the freedom to equip it with the BEST to make rafale seem like less of a threat.

Send in one J-10C or 3 Block 3 Thunder against a rafale. (Not taking into account supporting aircraft such as AWACS).

J-10C gives you the option of EVER-Lasting options for A stronger AESA radar to even outmatch the one in Rafale, China is investing quite time in this and the radar of J-20 was also tested on J-10 testbed. It can’t on a thunder...

CUT THIS PLEASE !!!
I have seen many members asking for the possibility of Foreign subsystem, which I think is understandable, first of all, it is due to the lack of advertisement or the nature to stay low and quiet when comes to China's defense export products, especially English materials to the common folks, we usually don't know anything until the buyers or "big shrimps" decided to reveal.
secondly is ofc the image of "Made in China" even though the civilian and military standard is totally different, which could only be changed in times when more and more high ends Chinese products, brands are in the market like BYD, DJI, Huawei, HSR etc.... :cheers:

The real questions should be:

1. is the J-31 good enough to take on Rafale 1:1 and come out on top without external support.
2. is the J-31 good enough to take on Rafale 1:multiple and come out on top without external support.
3. is the J-31 good enough to take on Rafale 1:1 with IAF support to Rafale in terms of EW, AEWACS and S-400 systems and still come out on top especially on SEAD missions.
4. is the J-31 good enough to take on IAF within Indian Airspace and under heavy EW, IAF AEWACS and S-400 systems and still come out on top especially on SEAD/anti-AWEACS missions.

and so on.......

Na man current Trump administration has anti Pakistani trend, and with the India, and when they offer 2 billion$ aid can you give me proofs (link/source)
US hates us but it will need us to get out Afg. So keep your options open.

The real questions should be:

1. is the J-31 good enough to take on Rafale 1:1 and come out on top without external support.
2. is the J-31 good enough to take on Rafale 1:multiple and come out on top without external support.
3. is the J-31 good enough to take on Rafale 1:1 with IAF support to Rafale in terms of EW, AEWACS and S-400 systems and still come out on top especially on SEAD missions.
4. is the J-31 good enough to take on IAF within Indian Airspace and under heavy EW, IAF AEWACS and S-400 systems and still come out on top especially on SEAD/anti-AWEACS missions.

and so on.......
it will hardly be 1:1, maybe 1 out of 20 dog fights

poor engine with only 3000 hour life. If JF-17 block-3 will armed with PL-15, than both will have 100% same weapon Package although J-10C can carry more pay load

The same issue with JF-17 engine.

J-10C can carry More payload and Ra'ad missiles and are much better then 5 decades old Mirages by any means.
The thrust of J-10 engine is 42000lb while JF-17 engine thrust is 19000lb
JF-17 with internal fuel capacity can fly upto 900 KM while J-10 internal fuel capacity the jet can fly upto 1200 KM
JF-17 is a lightweight while J-10 is medium weight
JF-17 can carry 1,100 liter drop tanks on each wing while J-10 can carry 1,800 liter drop adding more range to the fighter

Much better replacement for our mirages

it will hardly be 1:1, maybe 1 out of 20 dog fights

The thought behind the question was that in scenarios where a J-31 can hold an edge over Rafale in 1:1 combat, it can most definitely do so in multiple configurations.

The thought behind the question was that in scenarios where a J-31 can hold an edge over Rafale in 1:1 combat, it can most definitely do so in multiple configurations.
J-31 is not only in development but also in danger of being dropped. So any comparison is useless.

Nobody here know if J-31 can beat Rafale. But why you all imagine European is like God? Has Rafale beaten any 4th generation in war? So we cannot imagine. Maybe J-10C can easily beat Rafale. Maybe J-10A can. You definitely do not know this. We can think about mystery weapon SPECTRA but from information of people, it is shit and American electronic much stronger than SPECTRA. Even Gripen use similar methods of electronic jamming and sampling frequency and waves.

Maybe Chinese have certain EW that can burn through SPECTRA easy. No one here will know but your government will find out and they will make decision. Chinese not only collect information on American fighter but also NATO types. The top military guys rated Typhoon as very strong but Rafale as very weak in reality against strong airforce. I trust those guy's in past because they put things like F-16 E/F and Typhoon at top.

Rafale AESA is still brand new and normal planes don't feature AESA at all. Meteor is just adapted recently and is the strongest weapon of Rafale and improve this fighter so much. PAF should be scared of Indian Rafale with Meteor but can balance it in future. Rafale has good radar signature but not as good as real stealth fighter.

Last edited:
5th gen Vs 4.5 Gen.

You tell who has the edge.

Chinese 5th Gen Jet vs European 4.5th Gen Jet.............I cannot speculate too much so as not to offend my Chinese friends but French avionics are tried, tested and battle hardened.

Back
Top Bottom