What's new

J-10C for PAF - Hypothetical Scenario

The same issue with JF-17 engine.

J-10C can carry More payload and Ra'ad missiles and are much better then 5 decades old Mirages by any means.
The thrust of J-10 engine is 42000lb while JF-17 engine thrust is 19000lb
JF-17 with internal fuel capacity can fly upto 900 KM while J-10 internal fuel capacity the jet can fly upto 1200 KM
JF-17 is a lightweight while J-10 is medium weight
JF-17 can carry 1,100 liter drop tanks on each wing while J-10 can carry 1,800 liter drop adding more range to the fighter

Much better replacement for our mirages
but the range of JF-17 still greater than J-10c because J-10c Engine is more fuel hungry. More payload and high speed are the only two advantage which J-10 have on thunder . But yes J10 is 10 times better than our old Miragee but sources tell that J-31 might be our Project Azm fighter Jet with minor changes and if thats true than we will have our 5th Generation fighter within the next 10 years.

Chinese 5th Gen Jet vs European 4.5th Gen Jet.............I cannot speculate too much so as not to offend my Chinese friends but French avionics are tried, tested and battle hardened.
in 1971 war PAF while flying chines J6 scored 6 confirmed aerial victories over IAF. Chinese technology is not as bad as west and Indians propagated.

Gripen is probably the best light weight fighter jet may be even better than medium weight F-16 as well , excellent Engine and very lethal weapons and most surprisingly only 4700 dollar per hour flight cost

please add sensor fusion, Radar and weapon package as well.

Chinese 5th Gen Jet vs European 4.5th Gen Jet.............I cannot speculate too much so as not to offend my Chinese friends but French avionics are tried, tested and battle hardened.

Technology will improve, era will changes. If someone forever cling onto old theory and the past glory. Sooner or later they will be supersede and loses out. There is no doubt French, western society and technology are going downwards.. Where is their dual band S/X band AESA radar? Where is their 5th gen fighter? How many semi-conductor dependent or technology is coming from French? How many supercomputer has French produced that can compete with the best? The French even needs to import US E2-C AWAC and catapult in order for their sole aircraft carrier to works.

I wouldn't put my faith on a fading power like French to think their avionics is on par with the best.

Technology will improve, era will changes. If someone forever cling onto old theory and the past glory. Sooner or later they will be supersede and loses out. There is no doubt French, western society and technology are going downwards.. Where is their dual band S/X band AESA radar? Where is their 5th gen fighter? How many semi-conductor dependent or technology is coming from French? How many supercomputer has French produced that can compete with the best? The French even needs to import US E2-C AWAC and catapult in order for their sole aircraft carrier to works.

I wouldn't put my faith on a fading power like French to think their avionics is on par with the best.

I have no doubt that technology will improve and I pray that it happens sooner than later in favour of China and by extension Pakistan.

The French never boasted the best in many of the things that you have mentioned, such as AWACS or Catapults for their AC etc., but our experience with the Mirage Jet makes it equivalent in performance to the same era F-16 and hence its successor the Rafale can simply not be any league lower than the best of the best today. It is because of this that I would rather see the Rafale against J-31 as opposed to J-10C as J-31 will have some level of stealth to counter the Rafale EW suite and weapons.

I have no doubt that technology will improve and I pray that it happens sooner than later in favour of China and by extension Pakistan.

The French never boasted the best in many of the things that you have mentioned, such as AWACS or Catapults for their AC etc., but our experience with the Mirage Jet makes it equivalent in performance to the same era F-16 and hence its successor the Rafale can simply not be any league lower than the best of the best today. It is because of this that I would rather see the Rafale against J-31 as opposed to J-10C as J-31 will have some level of stealth to counter the Rafale EW suite and weapons.

How old is this experience? Time changes fast. Mirage III maybe an aircraft suit during its era 40 years ago. The only successful people is who can adapt to fast changing times and accept new technology so they are better suit to meet new challenge. How would you know Rafale will not be lower than best of the best today. Has French really meet the best of the best or simply due to their narratives?

There is no doubt 5th gen fighter reduced RCS shaping and internal weapon bay helps alot in evading radar while French and Western Europe claiming to be forefront of military aviation until now has failed to produced a decent prototype? Difficulty , cutting edge manufacturer and deep pocket R&D are no doubt a challenge for French.

The real questions should be:

1. is the J-31 good enough to take on Rafale 1:1 and come out on top without external support.
2. is the J-31 good enough to take on Rafale 1:multiple and come out on top without external support.
3. is the J-31 good enough to take on Rafale 1:1 with IAF support to Rafale in terms of EW, AEWACS and S-400 systems and still come out on top especially on SEAD missions.
4. is the J-31 good enough to take on IAF within Indian Airspace and under heavy EW, IAF AEWACS and S-400 systems and still come out on top especially on SEAD/anti-AWEACS missions.

and so on.......
Compare J31 with its gen like F35s. If India gets F35s probably then compare F35s with J31s
Compare JFT Blk III with Rafale

Recently there was an exercise between PLAF and Royal Thai airforce.

Chinese fielded Su-variants and Thai came with Gripen. Most of the long range battle, Gripen came on top whereas in close qtr battle Sus was the best.

I read it somewhere, any Chinese member know more about this?

Were these not licensed copies of Soviet Mig-19's?

You still need to credit Chinese manufacturer of quality control and technique.

F-7PG is basically a unique modification of Mig-21 which features not found in any other Mig-21 series. The larges crank wing instead of pure delta allows better low speed handling, extra fuel capacity that significantly increases the range. This results in most agile Mig-21 series ever produced (Not including FTC-2000G).

Chinese fielded Su-variants and Thai came with Gripen. Most of the long range battle, Gripen came on top whereas in close qtr battle Sus was the best.

I am sure you are very selective of this news. The most recent is J-10C whipped Gripen in recent exercise of this year and yet you can missed that?

https://www.china-arms.com/2019/09/j-10c-defeats-jas39/

The exercise where Gripen beat Chinese flanker occurred 7-8 years ago where we send the basic Su-27SK or J-11A fitted with analog cockpit and basic radar with litte computer calculation. There is no doubt this dinosaur will loses to Gripen.

Yes Gripen beat J-11A in long range and J-11A beat Gripen in dogfight.

J-10 beat Gripen long range and short range but I am not sure which J-10 model could be B or C against Gripen CD

I am sure you are very selective of this news. The most recent is J-10C whipped Gripen in recent exercise of this year and yet you can missed that?

https://www.china-arms.com/2019/09/j-10c-defeats-jas39/

The exercise where Gripen beat Chinese flanker occurred 7-8 years ago where we send the basic Su-27SK or J-11A fitted with analog cockpit and basic radar with litte computer calculation. There is no doubt this dinosaur will loses to Gripen.

I read some face book post about it . Not following very closely all exercises.

Yes Gripen beat J-11A in long range and J-11A beat Gripen in dogfight.

J-10 beat Gripen long range and short range but I am not sure which J-10 model could be B or C against Gripen CD

In recent exercise?

I read some face book post about it . Not following very closely all exercises.

In recent exercise?

Actually very surprising J-11A beat Gripen in dogfight. Seems like Su-27 can fly very well if pilots are very experienced. Dogfight is all about pilot so Gripen against J-11A is not showing anything because results depend on pilot. Long range definitely J-11A is too old.

J-10 vs Gripen is more recent. J-11A vs Gripen is old exercise. They don't give details about how many players and type of weapons and mission so hard to say which fighter is better. But definitely PLAAF pilot in dogfight seems pretty good unless Thai pilot was novice.

Actually very surprising J-11A beat Gripen in dogfight. Seems like Su-27 can fly very well if pilots are very experienced. Dogfight is all about pilot so Gripen against J-11A is not showing anything because results depend on pilot. Long range definitely J-11A is too old.

J-10 vs Gripen is more recent. J-11A vs Gripen is old exercise.

Any Su variant will have upper hand in dog fight with most of the fighters IMO, twin engine, higher T/W two people on board.

Does J-11A equipped with PL-15?

Any Su variant will have upper hand in dog fight with most of the fighters IMO, twin engine, higher T/W two people on board.

Does J-11A equipped with PL-15?

I agree. J-11A is like Su-27SK and is good dogfighter. It cannot use PL-15. I don't think J-11A can even use PL-12. In dogfight I think the missile is R-73 and maybe PL-5 but not even PL-9 and definitely not PL-10.

Gripen is still awesome dogfighter and has better turning than Su-27SK and J-11A but pilot is determining success. Maybe some luck and strategy too.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom