What's new

J-10C for PAF - Hypothetical Scenario

I agree. J-11A is like Su-27SK and is good dogfighter. It cannot use PL-15. I don't think J-11A can even use PL-12. In dogfight I think the missile is R-73 and maybe PL-5 but not even PL-9 and definitely not PL-10.

Gripen is still awesome dogfighter and has better turning than Su-27SK and J-11A but pilot is determining success. Maybe some luck and strategy too.
Dont forget with A-darter now available for Gripens in SA/Brazil inventory; it makes Gripen even more lethal WVR using HMDS.

Dont forget with A-darter now available for Gripens in SA/Brazil inventory; it makes Gripen even more lethal WVR using HMDS.

Yeah and Gripen can install Meteor missile too. I think only latest Gripen but combination of AESA, Meteor, HMD, and something like A-darter, definitely make this fighter very high performance. Only downside is similar to JF-17 with short range and low carriage capacity.

Upgrading 4th generation fighter with AESA, HMD, and better weapons make them much more effective.

China has developed their industries, and can produce great EW systems.
Sir I know, but in some fields they are still passing through development phase.

5years 5 times ,because night training bird strike, suspected engine shutdown.dont know,I dnot know more or less....what is the normally the average fighter crash ?

Although I ’m from China, I want to export weapons, but personally I feel
Pakistan has F16, can also continue to upgrade, the cost is less than J10C? J10C around F16v?

Even F16V upgrade is expensive than J10C further the news is there about CFT testing on J10C, now as a package perhaps J10C is more less capable to match F16V.

The J10 faced crashes perhaps due to engine and few other issues which have now resolved.

Indra may have been an interim solution for the Thunder, for the lack of suitable EW suite that fulfills PAF's need within the Thunder's engine power. PLAAF and PLAAN are very satisfied with their J-16G and J-15G growler EW platforms. J-10C is a different proposition altogether.
Crux of discussion in some areas Chinese still passing through learning and development phase.

Crux of discussion in some areas Chinese still passing through learning and development phase.
Not so much that it would reflect in the case of a J-10C and in the South Asian theater. Mind you learning and R&D is a continuing process. For everyone, not just the Chinese. They are leagues ahead of the rest of the world in the field of Quantum Mechanics ... that is why they have the only field tested Quantum Radar. They are advancing rapidly on all spectrums of technology. So don't judge their progress and their resolve to excel with the prejudices & stereotypes of the yester-years.

We often hear about PAF’s inability to procure advanced jets and the J-10 generally comes up for discussion in this context. Members have argued that the J-10 isn’t drastically different from the JF-17 and that it wouldn’t offer any major improvements over the JF-17.

The J-10C is now cleared for export. In this context, if PAF was able to mate the Turkish F-16 upgrade Özgür program into the J-10C along with upcoming Turkish BVR/WVR SOM cruise missiles and South African missiles, will this not offer significant advantages over the JF-17 and become credible replacement for the mirages and F-7 since the JF-17 can’t replace them all. With J-10, JF-17, F-16 and AZM project, PAF would still only operate 4 unique fighter planes which is well within the current trends.

arguments and counterargument welcome
would be over the budget deary

have to save $ for azm :)

Yes Gripen beat J-11A in long range and J-11A beat Gripen in dogfight.

J-10 beat Gripen long range and short range but I am not sure which J-10 model could be B or C against Gripen CD
I think J-10A and J10-C all win ,Before Western media collectively laughed at J11A,(just reported J11A lost and not reported that J11 won at close range match.) After J10A, no Western reported that.

Not so much that it would reflect in the case of a J-10C and in the South Asian theater. Mind you learning and R&D is a continuing process. For everyone, not just the Chinese. They are leagues ahead of the rest of the world in the field of Quantum Mechanics ... that is why they have the only field tested Quantum Radar. They are advancing rapidly on all spectrums of technology. So don't judge their progress and their resolve to excel with the prejudices & stereotypes of the yester-years.
Sir no prejudice on my side but the JF17 block 3 gadgets shall decide the whole scenario.
I am quite agreed that they are progressing and Pak should join hands with China for research work both defense and civil.

but the range of JF-17 still greater than J-10c because J-10c Engine is more fuel hungry. More payload and high speed are the only two advantage which J-10 have on thunder . But yes J10 is 10 times better than our old Miragee but sources tell that J-31 might be our Project Azm fighter Jet with minor changes and if thats true than we will have our 5th Generation fighter within the next 10 years.

in 1971 war PAF while flying chines J6 scored 6 confirmed aerial victories over IAF. Chinese technology is not as bad as west and Indians propagated.

Many developments are going on in case of J10C like CFT testing, thurst vectoring etc so if PAF is interested they may get tailor made J10C having matching characteristics to F16 latest blocks. On other side the advantage of old Mirage as explained by pros is their capability to fly low altitudes with higher speeds, but this advantage is for short span considering the AD capabilities enhancement by India.

Even after induction of 5th Gen jet PAF cannot discard 4.5th Gen jets like other credible forces of the world.

Not a bad design - pretty Heavy Duty Weapons...

00.jpg
01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg
06.jpg
07.jpg
08.jpg
09.jpg
10.jpg

If PAF was to ever jet J-10's it would be J-10C and not this model but nice effort on the pictures.
Honestly, i'm not certain which version this is. I just found it floating on the .net in PAF livery.

Damn thing has more weapons than your average EF Typhoon.

Thanx :tup: . Just Googled it.

So this is a Trainer Variant of the J-10A!!! Like I said earlier, pretty Heavy Duty.

Seriously, if we can't score F-16's - just go for this. I'm not sure how some say JF-17 is pretty much the same as the J-10. None of the JF-17 (i've seen) carries nearly the same ammunition as this bird.

Back
Top Bottom