What's new

Italians over 80 'will be left to die' as country overwhelmed by coronavirus

UKBengali

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...virus/?li_source=LI&li_medium=liftigniter-rhr

Where is Europe and rest of world to help Italy that it did not have to face this terrible dilemma now?

Equipment and medical personnel from all over Europe and the wider world should already been in Italy helping the Italians with this devastating disease.

This is humanity at it's lowest leaving poor Italy by itself.

Only China seems to have stepped up so far and kudos to the Chinese here.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...virus/?li_source=LI&li_medium=liftigniter-rhr

Where is Europe and rest of world to help Italy that it did not have to face this terrible dilemma now?

Equipment and medical personnel from all over Europe and the wider world should already been in Italy helping the Italians with this devastating disease.

Really funny China donates medical equipment to richest countries in the world: US, EU, Korea, Japan. I have yet to see chinese donations to Vietnam and other countries.

Really funny China donates medical equipment to richest countries in the world: US, EU, Korea, Japan. I have yet to see chinese donations to Vietnam and other countries.

China has done the same for Iraq and Iran.

They are targeting help to the most severely affected countries.

China has the expertise and industrial might and is key to saving as many lives as possible and beating this disease.

China has done the same for Iraq and Iran.

They are targeting help to the most severely affected countries.

China has the expertise and industrial might and is key to saving as many lives as possible and beating this disease.
Iran? They build ballistic missiles but can’t make masks?
Italy has the industrial capacity. It can do it. Just takes few months. Donations are Ok in time of crisis like this. In the long run the EU must build up own industrial capacity. Nobody shall die if the delivery from China is delayed.

Iran? They build ballistic missiles but can’t make masks?
Italy has the industrial capacity. It can do it. Just takes time. Donations are Ok in time of crisis like this. In the long run the EU must build up own industrial capacity. Nobody shall die if the delivery from China is delayed.

I think for Iran it is China's expertise that is required.
China has more knowledge about this virus than anyone else.

It is not about Europe industrial capacity but lack of solidarity that is the problem here.
Italians are dying because other countries do not care enough to help Italy.

Bro, that's not the point. Contrary, main issue is not directly related to the elderly. Right now, white revolution is taking place in Italy. if i have time tonight, I will open a topic about biopolitics. This concept will shape our world next 50 years.

I think for Iran it is China's expertise that is required.
China has more knowledge about this virus than anyone else.

It is not about Europe industrial capacity but lack of solidarity that is the problem here.
Italians are dying because other countries do not care enough to help Italy.

Sorry to sound insensitive, but saving 80 years old is not a priority. Most people in our part of the world die before 70. In some parts of the world, its 60. Countries are better of spending resources on saving their young people rather than 80 year olds in a first world country.

Sorry to sound insensitive, but saving 80 years old is not a priority. Most people in our part of the world die before 70. In some parts of the world, its 60. Countries are better of spending resources on saving their young people rather than 80 year olds in a first world country.

Sorry to have to disagree with you on this but a 80 year old has just as much right to life as a 20 year old.
Human life is precious no matter how old you are.

The point is that apart from China, no-one else has stepped up to help Italy. They could give a little of their medical resources and that would have saved 100s, maybe 1000s of Italians from a needless death.

This is about humanity not acting as one and that is disgraceful in times like this. As a human being you can only hang your head in shame on how selfish we are as a species.

Most of them are racists

Does not matter even if they are.

Sorry to have to disagree with you on this but a 80 year old has just as much right to life as a 20 year old.
Human life is precious no matter how old you are.

The point is that apart from China, no-one else has stepped up to help Italy. They could give a little of their medical resources and that would have saved 100s, maybe 1000s of Italians from a needless death.

This is about humanity not acting as one and that is disgraceful in times like this. As a human being you can only hang your head in shame on how selfish we are as a species.

Does not matter even if they are.

No they don't, i assure you of that. And it is not just me saying so. It is the practice followed all over the world. If 2 patients - one 30 year old and one 70 year old are waiting for a kidney transplant and only 1 kidney is available, it will be given to the 30 year old, each and every time.

No they don't, i assure you of that. And it is not just me saying so. It is the practice followed all over the world. If 2 patients - one 30 year old and one 70 year old are waiting for a kidney transplant and only 1 kidney is available, it will be given to the 30 year old, each and every time.

I do not think you understand my point dude.

There are rich and developed countries that could give a little of their ventilators and other medical equipment etc and medical personnel to Italy as they do not need them right now and this would have allowed Italy to not even come to this agonising choice.

If only all those 30-40 or so rich countries just gave what China gave(apart from expertise as only China and Italy really have this now) which was one plane full of supplies and some doctors and nurses, then Italy would have been able to cope and would need to choose who dies and who gets a chance to live.

A planeload of supplies and medical personel would not make any real difference to any of these rich countries(bar the tiny ones like Ireland maybe) but would make a big difference in Italy.

Countries are better of spending resources on saving their young people rather than 80 year olds in a first world country.
I kind of understand what your saying. I would not like to live past 80. There is end to everything. If you have clocked 80 it's time to smile and go ....

Back
Top Bottom