weight ------------ 1270 kg -------------- 1450 kg
wingspan ---------- 16.6 m ---------------- 17 m
power --------------- 115 hp --------------- 200 hp diesel
max speed ------ 220 km/h ------------ 278 km/h
ceiling ------------- 10,000 m ------------ 10,000 m
max payload ------ 400 kg ----------------- 450 kg
endurance -------- 20 - 45 h --------------- 24 - 45 h

Last edited:
Looks similar to Rustom 2. Specifications are also very much similar. I wish there would have been a bit high payload to target terrorists.

Does the Israeli military have their own satellite systems up which can be used to operate a drone program?

Does the Israeli military have their own satellite systems up which can be used to operate a drone program?
Israel has 4 communication satellites currently: Amos 2, Amos 3, Amos 4 and Amos 5.

i have one question how israel is so strong i mean they are just few millions but they make every thing and they are rich

i have one question how israel is so strong i mean they are just few millions but they make every thing and they are rich
Security is their number 1 concern first and foremost. Given the threats they face and neighbourhood they live in - fair enough. Also they have a a nice amount of aid coming from the US to spend in this area.

Untitled3-e1392147206471.jpg

Comparison to Heron 1:

---------------------- Heron 1 ------------- Super Heron
weight ------------ 1270 kg -------------- 1450 kg
wingspan ---------- 16.6 m ---------------- 17 m
power --------------- 115 hp --------------- 200 hp diesel
max speed ------ 220 km/h ------------ 278 km/h
ceiling ------------- 10,000 m ------------ 10,000 m
max payload ------ 400 kg ----------------- 450 kg
endurance -------- 20 - 45 h --------------- 24 - 45 h
Not a HUGE improvement over the Heron 1 other than the speed and a slight improvement on payload (50kg is rather negligible). The other main considerations for UAVs- endurance and ceiling, remain unchanged.

@500, any idea on the unit cost difference?

Looks similar to Rustom 2. Specifications are also very much similar. I wish there would have been a bit high payload to target terrorists.
Except the Super Heron is based on the successful, established and proven Heron platform that is already in service around the world and in India in huge numbers. The Rustom 2 hasn't even flown to date and all its specs are unproven.

Last edited:
Israel is strong in some fields.

Not a HUGE improvement over the Heron 1 other than the speed and a slight improvement on payload (50kg is rather negligible). The other main considerations for UAVs- endurance and ceiling, remain unchanged.
Endurance and ceiling are max numbers. With 400 kg payload Super Heron will have much higher ceiling than old. In addition diesel heavy fuel is cheaper to operate.

Overall this upgrade is like Gray Eagle:

General Atomics MQ-1 Predator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
General Atomics MQ-1C Gray Eagle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Predator = Heron 1
Gray Eagle = Super Heron
Reaper = Heron TP

All this technology and military power needed by the Jews to bomb refugee camps. The Jews behavior resembles nazi Germany :cheers:

@500

how many of these large armed drones does Israel have
Israel never confirms or denies possession of any armed drones (which are not loitering missiles).

These specific Super Heron birds are brand new, IAF doesn't seem to operate them yet.

@500

how many of these large armed drones does Israel have
Israeli MALE UAVs:

Hermes 900 (1,100 kg) - soon to enter the service.
Heron 1 (1,270 kg) - operational, nice numbers.
Super Heron (1,450 kg) - just unveiled.
Dominator 2 (2,000 kg) - export model.
Heron TP (4,650 kg) - operational, small numbers.

Holocaust made them hardened and made them vow that there would be no another holocaust...
it was not the first holocast, and perhaps not the last one if they don't stop fingering rest of the world:lol:.......well, according to Quran, they were the chosen ones, they were blessed with beauty and knowledge.....and they used both of them.......

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom