What's new

Israel launches air strikes on Syria

Israel didn't launch their attack from Lebanon with long range bombs for nothing...

Damascus has potent anti-air defenses.

It is unlikely that Israel will confirm or deny the reports anytime soon, so we'd need some trustworthy video footage or some photos from commercial satellites to аssеss the damage to these alleged targets.

Israel never admitted any air strike on Syria but after long time, with vague and brief statements, can be described as hinting. So, do not wait for that because it will take months or maybe years. As I told you, official sources from FSA confirmed destroying the targets I aforementioned, given that many of FSA generals are defectors from SAA and they do have spies inside SAA as well. So, I would take their part of the story.

That's not the whole issue for the Israeli regime. What troubles them is that they will try their best to halt Hezbollah from acquiring more lethal weapons. I don't believe Assad had chosen to give the Chemos for Hezbollah this time out of the blue. But, maybe he wanted them to stay on a high alert, and then the Israelis came in to prevent that from happening.

You seem like as if you were talking about some descent guy, Assad is lunatic. Plus, his country ,so sadly, became an Iranian backyard.

Well, the Muslim world isn't the only group to come up with such nonsense when it comes to calling one another a traitor. The right wing nuts ,in the US, and else where have shown how dumb they really are.

Many many nutcases are out there on the internet, I can't help laughing at them.
Yeah, but if you look at the recent past, they have made only 2 airstrikes - both of the times weapon's convoys were targeted. Although news sites are pointing out to Iranian weapons, it could have well been chemical WMDs.

For Israel, it is a precarious situation, so Israel would want to do as less as possible. Only when it becomes unavoidable (such as WMDs) Israel would conduct raids. Hardcore jihadists think Israel is aiding Assad regime in Syria and helping to keep it in power. Shias think Israel is aiding FSA. If Israel conducts any large scale airstrike against Assad, that would add credibility to Iran and Hezbollah's claims. In the Islamic world, no matter what sect you are, slightest connection to Israel is interpreted as being a traitor. And I'm sure israel would like to stay out of the mess as much as possible.

A waste of taxpayers money then.

How long, do you think, will it take until sunni's are done with shia's? ;)

They teamed up with Hezbollah back in 06. Trust me, they will compromise as long as the Iranian regime is supporting them. They might have a radically different point of view but still they share many in common.

First of all many were upgraded and new radars were also bought.
Also F-16 and F-15 are also not exactly new planes they are from 70-es early 80-es.
That site is covered by some dozen SA-6 systems. Which are quite potent.
You can't compare a mediocre Soviet piece of junk with an American hi-tec Aircrafts. Yes, the F16s and the F15s aren't relatively old ,but still they're considered to be one of the most highly sophisticated Aircrafts of all time. I'm not an except ,but can easily tell which is which.

They have plenty Osa's. And if SA-17 and SA-22 are not enough even to cover even Damascus with suburbs, then I dont know why Syrians wasted money at them at all.
You can't compare a Soviet junk with an American high-tec weaponry, let alone the F-15s & F16s. Yes, these are old ,but still they are known for their hyper offensive performance.
Probably M-600 / Fateh-110 missiles, but no official confirmation from our side.
I doubt it. I think they might have gone as far as transferring some Chemos or whatever. Hezbollah's arsenal is already rising concerns for the political elite of Israel.

@Mosamania
:woot: أمااااااااااااااااااااااااااااااااا

Last edited by a moderator:
Israel didn't launch their attack from Lebanon with long range bombs for nothing...

Damascus has potent anti-air defenses.

This potent air-defense of Damascus was expecting WWII-style bombers flying above Damascus, or what?

Sorry I don't get you. You are an America, yet your English writing should be better than most of us, but it's not actually.

That's perfect English....the fact you don't recognize it as such shows that your English is poor. Let me spell it out for the slow kids. If the AD couldn't stop this attack....then what good is it? You follow? And I am not an America....I'm American.

@Mosamania
:woot: أمااااااااااااااااااااااااااااااااا
Leave him, he is really moody these days, maybe the period has sth to do with it.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not pro regime
and by the way mullah doesn't mean working for regime. mullah is a religious person normally. some are working for bad some not.

anyway how is your Islamist Erdogan?

I hope the stupid Iranian who insulted Arabs and prophet get banned too...

I know what a mullah is,its just the general word used by many to name the current rulers of Iran.
Btw,i dont have anything against iranians only to those who claim to be something they are not.
So dont take it personal.
Well as you might have noticed im against the AKP government,me and my likes dont want him in charge.

But the FSA have not used the air defence missies (at least not in significant extent that I know of) against those targets you mentioned, they have DISABLED them. Why would they do that?

Uncapable of using them, they destroy migs aswell they cannot fly them anyway

I doubt it. I think they might have gone as far as transferring some Chemos or whatever. Hezbollah's arsenal is already rising concerns for the political elite of Israel.
Most reports in Israel suggest that IAF targeted Iranian missiles, FSA has its own official report about SAA HQ, chemical weapons could be targeted nevertheless, footage of fires hints for liquid fuel of Scud-type missiles... A portion of this mess is true, but we don't know which one...

Like you don't know, several air defense and radar bases were captured and destroyed by FSA. Air defense coverage doesn't work as it should be by having one or two of those three, Short, medium, and long range air defense systems. Another thing, Israel raided those bases from long distances from Lebanon using stand-off missiles, maybe behind Eastern Lebanon mountains, so Syrian radars don't detect them.
If you check videos u will see than only few old SA-2, SA-3 were captured. Not a single SA-6 base was captured.

Interesting. Yeah I heard the official announcement made by the FSA and the opposition.
Most reports in Israel suggest that IAF targeted Iranian missiles, FSA has its own official report about SAA HQ, chemical weapons could be targeted nevertheless, footage of fires hints for liquid fuel of Scud-type missiles... A portion of this mess is true, but we don't know which one...

Exacty right about FSA destroying air defence bases. Now tell me, why would they do such a thing?
Destroying air defence will do NOTHING to help the cause of "liberating" Syria from Assad's gov.

The civil was in Libya is not so far in the past that it is acceptable to forget it. The rebels were asking time and again for the west to interfere, and do so still. With good reason, it could be over quickly should the west (or even say SA) choose to interfere. How to urge that you ask? well destroying the AA defense of course.

Not to forget constant defections that have been going on for 3 years. You can't have a pride over a successful raid on an exhausted and almost collapsed army.

Even so, Asad still has a relatively dense AA defense around Damascus. The success is sure nothing to brag about, but it's not a given.

They teamed up with Hezbollah back in 06. Trust me, they will compromise as long as the Iranian regime is supporting them. They might have a radically different point of view but still they share many in common.

I am not as convinced. perhaps it is easier for you to bridge the differences and move on once it's all over. not so much for those Syrians that lost their families and friends to Hezbollah fighters, or the regime they were fighting for. It also depends how long will the civil war last I guess.
In 2006 the Suni were forced to work with Hezbollah, they were weaker and had no strong foreign backing. should the FSA win the situation might be very different.

You can't compare a Soviet junk with an American high-tec weaponry, let alone the F-15s & F16s. Yes, these are old ,but still they are known for their hyper offensive performance.

Furthermore, the current models have very little in common with those who rolled in in the 70's, except the outer skin.

I would never support condoning Israel's help

Israel is obviously acting on it's own benefit. but lets imagine that they would have declared that they would not stand by as innocents are being killed, would you refuse help even then?

Like you don't know, several air defense and radar bases were captured and destroyed by FSA. Air defense coverage doesn't work as it should be by having one or two of those three, Short, medium, and long range air defense systems. Another thing, Israel raided those bases from long distances from Lebanon using stand-off missiles, maybe behind Eastern Lebanon mountains, so Syrian radars don't detect them.

Those systems seen in videos can be sent straight away to war museums. For God sake they hunted U2s 40+ years ago

Back
Top Bottom