What's new

Islamic Discussion Corner

Bratva

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Whatever happening around us due to deep schisms b/w muslims. Yet we shy away from talking about the core issues and discuss only militaristic, tactical and strategical issues of insurgency without zero discussions on the ideological influences. There are Pakistani,Arabic,Persian,Indian,Turkish corners discussing everyday of their life but why there isn't an Islamic corner where we discuss serious issues about early historic misconceptions that led to the division among muslims Influence of Mysticism in Islam.How and why extremism crept into Islam due to Civil wars among Muslims

Members already discuss such issues in respectable manner in various threads. Why not make a centralized thread, Moderate it heavily and we will discuss and inform each other about the things we dont know ?

I will tag moderators here first @Slav Defence @Icarus @Oscar @Manticore What do you think about this idea ?

I'm opening this thread in Seniors cafe. Will initially tag sensible posters from both sides to carry on the discussion @Serpentine @Daneshmand @Psychic @Akheilos @Saif al-Arab @Atanz @Donatello Tag along any sensible memebers who can discuss these issues in very delicate and sensible manners

I will began this thread with this Hadees From Sahih Bukhar which narrates the infighting among sahaba which aroused right after Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) death and there reconciliation afterwards which according to popular misconception remained through out the first 3 caliphs and thus borne the infamous concept of Taqqiya. . On the other hand it will bust several myths among Sunnis as well that it was all hunky dory among sahabas.

While this Hadith will clear misconception that Hazrat Abu Bakr (RA) refusal was based on the saying of Prophet Mohammad (PBUH). He didnt do this for any material or worldy or personal gain. So if he was on the side of err. It is the matter among Allah and Abu Bakr to resolve this. We mere humans cant Judge Hazrat Abu Bakr (RA) for his actions because he was acting on the Hadith of Hazoor Mohammad SAWW.

Narrated `Aisha:

Fatima the daughter of the Prophet (ﷺ) sent someone to Abu Bakr (when he was a caliph), asking for her inheritance of what Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) had left of the property bestowed on him by Allah from the Fai (i.e. booty gained without fighting) in Medina, and Fadak, and what remained of the Khumus of the Khaibar booty. On that, Abu Bakr said, "Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "Our property is not inherited. Whatever we leave, is Sadaqa, but the family of (the Prophet) Muhammad can eat of this property.' By Allah, I will not make any change in the state of the Sadaqa of Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) and will leave it as it was during the lifetime of Allah's Messenger (ﷺ), and will dispose of it as Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) used to do."

So Abu Bakr refused to give anything of that to Fatima. So she became angry with Abu Bakr and kept away from him, and did not task to him till she died. She remained alive for six months after the death of the Prophet. When she died, her husband `Ali, buried her at night without informing Abu Bakr and he said the funeral prayer by himself. When Fatima was alive, the people used to respect `Ali much, but after her death, `Ali noticed a change in the people's attitude towards him.

So `Ali sought reconciliation with Abu Bakr and gave him an oath of allegiance. `Ali had not given the oath of allegiance during those months (i.e. the period between the Prophet's death and Fatima's death). `Ali sent someone to Abu Bakr saying, "Come to us, but let nobody come with you," as he disliked that `Umar should come, `Umar said (to Abu Bakr), "No, by Allah, you shall not enter upon them alone " Abu Bakr said, "What do you think they will do to me? By Allah, I will go to them' So Abu Bakr entered upon them, and then `Ali uttered Tashah-hud and said (to Abu Bakr), "We know well your superiority and what Allah has given you, and we are not jealous of the good what Allah has bestowed upon you, but you did not consult us in the question of the rule and we thought that we have got a right in it because of our near relationship to Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) ."

Thereupon Abu Bakr's eyes flowed with tears. And when Abu Bakr spoke, he said, "By Him in Whose Hand my soul is to keep good relations with the relatives of Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) is dearer to me than to keep good relations with my own relatives. But as for the trouble which arose between me and you about his property, I will do my best to spend it according to what is good, and will not leave any rule or regulation which I saw Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) following, in disposing of it, but I will follow." On that `Ali said to Abu Bakr, "I promise to give you the oath of allegiance in this after noon.

" So when Abu Bakr had offered the Zuhr prayer, he ascended the pulpit and uttered the Tashah-hud and then mentioned the story of `Ali and his failure to give the oath of allegiance, and excused him, accepting what excuses he had offered; Then `Ali (got up) and praying (to Allah) for forgiveness, he uttered Tashah-hud, praised Abu Bakr's right, and said, that he had not done what he had done because of jealousy of Abu Bakr or as a protest of that Allah had favored him with. `Ali added, "But we used to consider that we too had some right in this affair (of rulership) and that he (i.e. Abu Bakr) did not consult us in this matter, and therefore caused us to feel sorry."

On that all the Muslims became happy and said, "You have done the right thing." The Muslims then became friendly with `Ali as he returned to what the people had done (i.e. giving the oath of allegiance to Abu Bakr).

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 4240, 4241
In-book reference : Book 64, Hadith 278

حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى بْنُ بُكَيْرٍ، حَدَّثَنَا اللَّيْثُ، عَنْ عُقَيْلٍ، عَنِ ابْنِ شِهَابٍ، عَنْ عُرْوَةَ، عَنْ عَائِشَةَ، أَنَّ فَاطِمَةَ ـ عَلَيْهَا السَّلاَمُ ـ بِنْتَ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم أَرْسَلَتْ إِلَى أَبِي بَكْرٍ تَسْأَلُهُ مِيرَاثَهَا مِنْ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم مِمَّا أَفَاءَ اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ بِالْمَدِينَةِ وَفَدَكَ، وَمَا بَقِيَ مِنْ خُمُسِ خَيْبَرَ، فَقَالَ أَبُو بَكْرٍ إِنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ ‏"‏ لاَ نُورَثُ، مَا تَرَكْنَا صَدَقَةٌ، إِنَّمَا يَأْكُلُ آلُ مُحَمَّدٍ صلى الله عليه وسلم فِي هَذَا الْمَالِ ‏"‏‏.‏ وَإِنِّي وَاللَّهِ لاَ أُغَيِّرُ شَيْئًا مِنْ صَدَقَةِ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم عَنْ حَالِهَا الَّتِي كَانَ عَلَيْهَا فِي عَهْدِ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم وَلأَعْمَلَنَّ فِيهَا بِمَا عَمِلَ بِهِ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم فَأَبَى أَبُو بَكْرٍ أَنْ يَدْفَعَ إِلَى فَاطِمَةَ مِنْهَا شَيْئًا فَوَجَدَتْ فَاطِمَةُ عَلَى أَبِي بَكْرٍ فِي ذَلِكَ فَهَجَرَتْهُ، فَلَمْ تُكَلِّمْهُ حَتَّى تُوُفِّيَتْ، وَعَاشَتْ بَعْدَ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم سِتَّةَ أَشْهُرٍ، فَلَمَّا تُوُفِّيَتْ، دَفَنَهَا زَوْجُهَا عَلِيٌّ لَيْلاً، وَلَمْ يُؤْذِنْ بِهَا أَبَا بَكْرٍ وَصَلَّى عَلَيْهَا، وَكَانَ لِعَلِيٍّ مِنَ النَّاسِ وَجْهٌ حَيَاةَ فَاطِمَةَ، فَلَمَّا تُوُفِّيَتِ اسْتَنْكَرَ عَلِيٌّ وُجُوهَ النَّاسِ، فَالْتَمَسَ مُصَالَحَةَ أَبِي بَكْرٍ وَمُبَايَعَتَهُ، وَلَمْ يَكُنْ يُبَايِعُ تِلْكَ الأَشْهُرَ، فَأَرْسَلَ إِلَى أَبِي بَكْرٍ أَنِ ائْتِنَا، وَلاَ يَأْتِنَا أَحَدٌ مَعَكَ، كَرَاهِيَةً لِمَحْضَرِ عُمَرَ‏.‏ فَقَالَ عُمَرُ لاَ وَاللَّهِ لاَ تَدْخُلُ عَلَيْهِمْ وَحْدَكَ‏.‏ فَقَالَ أَبُو بَكْرٍ وَمَا عَسَيْتَهُمْ أَنْ يَفْعَلُوا بِي، وَاللَّهِ لآتِيَنَّهُمْ‏.‏ فَدَخَلَ عَلَيْهِمْ أَبُو بَكْرٍ، فَتَشَهَّدَ عَلِيٌّ فَقَالَ إِنَّا قَدْ عَرَفْنَا فَضْلَكَ، وَمَا أَعْطَاكَ، اللَّهُ وَلَمْ نَنْفَسْ عَلَيْكَ خَيْرًا سَاقَهُ اللَّهُ إِلَيْكَ، وَلَكِنَّكَ اسْتَبْدَدْتَ عَلَيْنَا بِالأَمْرِ، وَكُنَّا نَرَى لِقَرَابَتِنَا مِنْ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم نَصِيبًا‏.‏ حَتَّى فَاضَتْ عَيْنَا أَبِي بَكْرٍ، فَلَمَّا تَكَلَّمَ أَبُو بَكْرٍ قَالَ وَالَّذِي نَفْسِي بِيَدِهِ لَقَرَابَةُ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم أَحَبُّ إِلَىَّ أَنْ أَصِلَ مِنْ قَرَابَتِي، وَأَمَّا الَّذِي شَجَرَ بَيْنِي وَبَيْنَكُمْ مِنْ هَذِهِ الأَمْوَالِ، فَلَمْ آلُ فِيهَا عَنِ الْخَيْرِ، وَلَمْ أَتْرُكْ أَمْرًا رَأَيْتُ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَصْنَعُهُ فِيهَا إِلاَّ صَنَعْتُهُ‏.‏ فَقَالَ عَلِيٌّ لأَبِي بَكْرٍ مَوْعِدُكَ الْعَشِيَّةُ لِلْبَيْعَةِ‏.‏ فَلَمَّا صَلَّى أَبُو بَكْرٍ الظُّهْرَ رَقِيَ عَلَى الْمِنْبَرِ، فَتَشَهَّدَ وَذَكَرَ شَأْنَ عَلِيٍّ، وَتَخَلُّفَهُ عَنِ الْبَيْعَةِ، وَعُذْرَهُ بِالَّذِي اعْتَذَرَ إِلَيْهِ، ثُمَّ اسْتَغْفَرَ، وَتَشَهَّدَ عَلِيٌّ فَعَظَّمَ حَقَّ أَبِي بَكْرٍ، وَحَدَّثَ أَنَّهُ لَمْ يَحْمِلْهُ عَلَى الَّذِي صَنَعَ نَفَاسَةً عَلَى أَبِي بَكْرٍ، وَلاَ إِنْكَارًا لِلَّذِي فَضَّلَهُ اللَّهُ بِهِ، وَلَكِنَّا نَرَى لَنَا فِي هَذَا الأَمْرِ نَصِيبًا، فَاسْتَبَدَّ عَلَيْنَا، فَوَجَدْنَا فِي أَنْفُسِنَا، فَسُرَّ بِذَلِكَ الْمُسْلِمُونَ وَقَالُوا أَصَبْتَ‏.‏ وَكَانَ الْمُسْلِمُونَ إِلَى عَلِيٍّ قَرِيبًا، حِينَ رَاجَعَ الأَمْرَ الْمَعْرُوفَ‏.

Hadith - Book of Military Expeditions led by the Prophet (pbuh) (Al-Maghaazi) - Sahih al-Bukhari - Sunnah.com - Sayings and Teachings of Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه و سلم)

Last edited:
Whatever happening around us due to deep schisms b/w muslims. Yet we shy away from talking about the core issues and discuss only militaristic, tactical and strategical issues of insurgency without zero discussions on the ideological influences. There are Pakistani,Arabic,Persian,Indian,Turkish corners discussing everyday of their life but why there isn't an Islamic corner where we discuss serious issues about early historic misconceptions that led to the division among muslims Influence of Mysticism in Islam.How and why extremism crept into Islam due to Civil wars among Muslims

Members already discuss such issues in respectable manner in various threads. Why not make a centralized thread, Moderate it heavily and we will discuss and inform each other about the things we dont know ?

I will tag moderators here first @Slav Defence @Icarus @Oscar @Manticore What do you think about this idea ?

I'm opening this thread in Seniors cafe. Will initially tag sensible posters from both sides to carry on the discussion @Serpentine @Daneshmand @Psychic @Akheilos @Saif al-Arab @Atanz @Donatello Tag along any sensible memebers who can discuss these issues in very delicate and sensible manners

I will began this thread with this Hadees From Sahih Bukhar which narrates the infighting among sahaba which aroused right after Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) death and there reconciliation afterwards which according to populat misconception remained throught the first 3 caliphs and thus borne the infamous concept of Taqqiya. . On the other hand it will bust several myths among Sunnis as well that it was all hunky dory among sahabas.

While this Hadith will clear misconception that Hazrat Abu Bakr (RA) refusal was based on the saying of Prophet Mohammad (PBUH). He didnt do this for any material or worldy or personal gain. So if he was on the side of err. It is the matter among Allah and Abu Bakr to resolve this. We mere humans cant Judge Hazrat Abu Bakr (RA) for his actions because he was acting on the Hadith of Hazoor Mohammad SAWW.

Narrated `Aisha:

Fatima the daughter of the Prophet (ﷺ) sent someone to Abu Bakr (when he was a caliph), asking for her inheritance of what Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) had left of the property bestowed on him by Allah from the Fai (i.e. booty gained without fighting) in Medina, and Fadak, and what remained of the Khumus of the Khaibar booty. On that, Abu Bakr said, "Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "Our property is not inherited. Whatever we leave, is Sadaqa, but the family of (the Prophet) Muhammad can eat of this property.' By Allah, I will not make any change in the state of the Sadaqa of Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) and will leave it as it was during the lifetime of Allah's Messenger (ﷺ), and will dispose of it as Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) used to do."

So Abu Bakr refused to give anything of that to Fatima. So she became angry with Abu Bakr and kept away from him, and did not task to him till she died. She remained alive for six months after the death of the Prophet. When she died, her husband `Ali, buried her at night without informing Abu Bakr and he said the funeral prayer by himself. When Fatima was alive, the people used to respect `Ali much, but after her death, `Ali noticed a change in the people's attitude towards him.

So `Ali sought reconciliation with Abu Bakr and gave him an oath of allegiance. `Ali had not given the oath of allegiance during those months (i.e. the period between the Prophet's death and Fatima's death). `Ali sent someone to Abu Bakr saying, "Come to us, but let nobody come with you," as he disliked that `Umar should come, `Umar said (to Abu Bakr), "No, by Allah, you shall not enter upon them alone " Abu Bakr said, "What do you think they will do to me? By Allah, I will go to them' So Abu Bakr entered upon them, and then `Ali uttered Tashah-hud and said (to Abu Bakr), "We know well your superiority and what Allah has given you, and we are not jealous of the good what Allah has bestowed upon you, but you did not consult us in the question of the rule and we thought that we have got a right in it because of our near relationship to Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) ."

Thereupon Abu Bakr's eyes flowed with tears. And when Abu Bakr spoke, he said, "By Him in Whose Hand my soul is to keep good relations with the relatives of Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) is dearer to me than to keep good relations with my own relatives. But as for the trouble which arose between me and you about his property, I will do my best to spend it according to what is good, and will not leave any rule or regulation which I saw Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) following, in disposing of it, but I will follow." On that `Ali said to Abu Bakr, "I promise to give you the oath of allegiance in this after noon.

" So when Abu Bakr had offered the Zuhr prayer, he ascended the pulpit and uttered the Tashah-hud and then mentioned the story of `Ali and his failure to give the oath of allegiance, and excused him, accepting what excuses he had offered; Then `Ali (got up) and praying (to Allah) for forgiveness, he uttered Tashah-hud, praised Abu Bakr's right, and said, that he had not done what he had done because of jealousy of Abu Bakr or as a protest of that Allah had favored him with. `Ali added, "But we used to consider that we too had some right in this affair (of rulership) and that he (i.e. Abu Bakr) did not consult us in this matter, and therefore caused us to feel sorry."

On that all the Muslims became happy and said, "You have done the right thing." The Muslims then became friendly with `Ali as he returned to what the people had done (i.e. giving the oath of allegiance to Abu Bakr).

حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى بْنُ بُكَيْرٍ، حَدَّثَنَا اللَّيْثُ، عَنْ عُقَيْلٍ، عَنِ ابْنِ شِهَابٍ، عَنْ عُرْوَةَ، عَنْ عَائِشَةَ، أَنَّ فَاطِمَةَ ـ عَلَيْهَا السَّلاَمُ ـ بِنْتَ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم أَرْسَلَتْ إِلَى أَبِي بَكْرٍ تَسْأَلُهُ مِيرَاثَهَا مِنْ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم مِمَّا أَفَاءَ اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ بِالْمَدِينَةِ وَفَدَكَ، وَمَا بَقِيَ مِنْ خُمُسِ خَيْبَرَ، فَقَالَ أَبُو بَكْرٍ إِنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ ‏"‏ لاَ نُورَثُ، مَا تَرَكْنَا صَدَقَةٌ، إِنَّمَا يَأْكُلُ آلُ مُحَمَّدٍ صلى الله عليه وسلم فِي هَذَا الْمَالِ ‏"‏‏.‏ وَإِنِّي وَاللَّهِ لاَ أُغَيِّرُ شَيْئًا مِنْ صَدَقَةِ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم عَنْ حَالِهَا الَّتِي كَانَ عَلَيْهَا فِي عَهْدِ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم وَلأَعْمَلَنَّ فِيهَا بِمَا عَمِلَ بِهِ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم فَأَبَى أَبُو بَكْرٍ أَنْ يَدْفَعَ إِلَى فَاطِمَةَ مِنْهَا شَيْئًا فَوَجَدَتْ فَاطِمَةُ عَلَى أَبِي بَكْرٍ فِي ذَلِكَ فَهَجَرَتْهُ، فَلَمْ تُكَلِّمْهُ حَتَّى تُوُفِّيَتْ، وَعَاشَتْ بَعْدَ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم سِتَّةَ أَشْهُرٍ، فَلَمَّا تُوُفِّيَتْ، دَفَنَهَا زَوْجُهَا عَلِيٌّ لَيْلاً، وَلَمْ يُؤْذِنْ بِهَا أَبَا بَكْرٍ وَصَلَّى عَلَيْهَا، وَكَانَ لِعَلِيٍّ مِنَ النَّاسِ وَجْهٌ حَيَاةَ فَاطِمَةَ، فَلَمَّا تُوُفِّيَتِ اسْتَنْكَرَ عَلِيٌّ وُجُوهَ النَّاسِ، فَالْتَمَسَ مُصَالَحَةَ أَبِي بَكْرٍ وَمُبَايَعَتَهُ، وَلَمْ يَكُنْ يُبَايِعُ تِلْكَ الأَشْهُرَ، فَأَرْسَلَ إِلَى أَبِي بَكْرٍ أَنِ ائْتِنَا، وَلاَ يَأْتِنَا أَحَدٌ مَعَكَ، كَرَاهِيَةً لِمَحْضَرِ عُمَرَ‏.‏ فَقَالَ عُمَرُ لاَ وَاللَّهِ لاَ تَدْخُلُ عَلَيْهِمْ وَحْدَكَ‏.‏ فَقَالَ أَبُو بَكْرٍ وَمَا عَسَيْتَهُمْ أَنْ يَفْعَلُوا بِي، وَاللَّهِ لآتِيَنَّهُمْ‏.‏ فَدَخَلَ عَلَيْهِمْ أَبُو بَكْرٍ، فَتَشَهَّدَ عَلِيٌّ فَقَالَ إِنَّا قَدْ عَرَفْنَا فَضْلَكَ، وَمَا أَعْطَاكَ، اللَّهُ وَلَمْ نَنْفَسْ عَلَيْكَ خَيْرًا سَاقَهُ اللَّهُ إِلَيْكَ، وَلَكِنَّكَ اسْتَبْدَدْتَ عَلَيْنَا بِالأَمْرِ، وَكُنَّا نَرَى لِقَرَابَتِنَا مِنْ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم نَصِيبًا‏.‏ حَتَّى فَاضَتْ عَيْنَا أَبِي بَكْرٍ، فَلَمَّا تَكَلَّمَ أَبُو بَكْرٍ قَالَ وَالَّذِي نَفْسِي بِيَدِهِ لَقَرَابَةُ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم أَحَبُّ إِلَىَّ أَنْ أَصِلَ مِنْ قَرَابَتِي، وَأَمَّا الَّذِي شَجَرَ بَيْنِي وَبَيْنَكُمْ مِنْ هَذِهِ الأَمْوَالِ، فَلَمْ آلُ فِيهَا عَنِ الْخَيْرِ، وَلَمْ أَتْرُكْ أَمْرًا رَأَيْتُ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَصْنَعُهُ فِيهَا إِلاَّ صَنَعْتُهُ‏.‏ فَقَالَ عَلِيٌّ لأَبِي بَكْرٍ مَوْعِدُكَ الْعَشِيَّةُ لِلْبَيْعَةِ‏.‏ فَلَمَّا صَلَّى أَبُو بَكْرٍ الظُّهْرَ رَقِيَ عَلَى الْمِنْبَرِ، فَتَشَهَّدَ وَذَكَرَ شَأْنَ عَلِيٍّ، وَتَخَلُّفَهُ عَنِ الْبَيْعَةِ، وَعُذْرَهُ بِالَّذِي اعْتَذَرَ إِلَيْهِ، ثُمَّ اسْتَغْفَرَ، وَتَشَهَّدَ عَلِيٌّ فَعَظَّمَ حَقَّ أَبِي بَكْرٍ، وَحَدَّثَ أَنَّهُ لَمْ يَحْمِلْهُ عَلَى الَّذِي صَنَعَ نَفَاسَةً عَلَى أَبِي بَكْرٍ، وَلاَ إِنْكَارًا لِلَّذِي فَضَّلَهُ اللَّهُ بِهِ، وَلَكِنَّا نَرَى لَنَا فِي هَذَا الأَمْرِ نَصِيبًا، فَاسْتَبَدَّ عَلَيْنَا، فَوَجَدْنَا فِي أَنْفُسِنَا، فَسُرَّ بِذَلِكَ الْمُسْلِمُونَ وَقَالُوا أَصَبْتَ‏.‏ وَكَانَ الْمُسْلِمُونَ إِلَى عَلِيٍّ قَرِيبًا، حِينَ رَاجَعَ الأَمْرَ الْمَعْرُوفَ‏.

Hadith - Book of Military Expeditions led by the Prophet (pbuh) (Al-Maghaazi) - Sahih al-Bukhari - Sunnah.com - Sayings and Teachings of Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه و سلم)
The property belonged to state it was never given to Hazrat Fatima RA. Hazrat Abu Bakar RA clarified things to Hazrat Bibi Fatima RA after few days and issue was settelled but first mods need to tell weather this thread is allowed

I will began this thread with this Hadees From Sahih Bukhar which narrates the infighting among sahaba which aroused right after Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) death and there reconciliation afterwards which according to populat misconception remained throught the first 3 caliphs and thus borne the infamous concept of Taqqiya. . On the other hand it will bust several myths among Sunnis as well that it was all hunky dory among sahabas.

Narrated `Aisha:

The property belonged to state it was never given to Hazrat Fatima RA. Hazrat Abu Bakar RA clarified things to Hazrat Bibi Fatima RA after few days and issue was settelled but first mods need to tell weather this thread is allowed

Read the Hadess again.The property was under the personal use of Nabi SAW and Issue was settled only after the death of Bibi Fatima (RA). There was a clear miscommunication b/w Hazrat Abu Bakr (RA) and Bibi Fatima (RA). Both heard different things at different times. and no Prophet (PBUH) among them to clarify the issue. Hence the misunderstands of epic propotions.

If it was a state property why Hazrat Umar gave property income to Hazrat Ali (RA) in his reign or Hazrat Umar bin Abdulaziz returned the property back to progeny of Ahlul bayt during his reign ?

And last but not the least, Contribute meaningfully in this thread and read 100 times before quoting someone post just like you did this time and posted a reply as if you havent understood a single thing in original post

Last edited:
What is more important to concentrate on are not the differences or their history, but creating mechanisms for how to resolve them in this day and age.

When everyone is carrying its own version of events and history is muddled b/w these two parallel versions. How one can create a middle ground and a mechanism to resolve such issues. But before that we have to separate chaff and wheat .

When everyone is carrying its own version of events and history is muddled b/w these two parallel versions. How one can create a middle ground and a mechanism to resolve such issues. But before that we have to separate chaff and wheat .

How does one solve a problem when one side's chaff is the other side's wheat? The key lies in accepting both chaff and wheat in a manner that does not preclude the end result of high quality baked goods.

Narrated `Aisha:

Why pick this issue? Whatever happened happened....we discussing it wont change history ....

How does one solve a problem when one side's chaff is the other side's wheat? The key lies in accepting both chaff and wheat in a manner that does not preclude the end result of high quality baked goods.

One would accept both chaff and wheat if they are not laced with poison by respective bakers of both sects. Case in point. Rawalpindi district administration banned over 100 bakers over both sects during muharram. Irani and Saudi state backers continue to churn out their respective holy backed products as the only original good thing.

This been going on since the death of Hazrat Usman (RA). First it was Banu Ummaiya rulers who began the cursing of Hazrat Ali (RA). Then Shia picked up this habit.

Why pick this issue? Whatever happened happened....we discussing it wont change history ....

Because go to any Shia Today, He abuse Abu Bakr, Umar and Usman and most of the Sahabas of Prophet Mohammbad PBUH based on the events of this thing. This drove Shia from accepting Sahaba as role modles for following Islam and drove them to extremley cling themselves to Ahlul bayt and its progeny and the 12 Imams that bore it.

Then ISIS Qaeda, Pakistani LEJ, Taliban kills shias and brands them Kafir on the basis of their ideology of 12 imams and the abuses they hurl and the History they twist to paint the followers in bad light.

The history provide the ideological base to everyone. Shias and Sunnis. Did you know in your entire life that this happened ? About this exact Hadith in Sahih Bukhari ?

One would accept both chaff and wheat if they are not laced with poison by respective bakers of both sects. Case in point. Rawalpindi district administration banned over 100 bakers over both sects during muharram. Irani and Saudi state backers continue to churn out their respective holy backed products as the only original good thing.

This been going on since the death of Hazrat Usman (RA). First it was Banu Ummaiya rulers who began the cursing of Hazrat Ali (RA). Then Shia picked up this habit.

One side's poison is the other side's vitamin. My point is that the differences are not important, nor is the history of how they arose, other than for background information. Differences between humans are only to be expected. The key is to create a framework where any differences do not prevent any human from being a productive member of society to the best of his or her potential.

This drove Shia from accepting Sahaba as role modles for following Islam and drove them to extremley cling themselves to Ahlul bayt and its progeny and the 12 Imams that bore it.

Why should it matter to you, or me, or anyone, who the Shia choose to follow as their role models?

One side's poison is the other side's vitamin. My point is that the differences are not important, nor is the history of how they arose, other than for background information. Differences between humans are only to be expected. The key is to create a framework where any differences do not prevent any human from being a productive member of society to the best of his or her potential.

Imam Khomeni created a framework and one of the other state leader of Iran. Not to abuse any Sunni personalities or Hazrat Ayesha (RA). Yet we know about the ground realities.

The main problem is whatever the framework created is are proverbial words at best. Power struggles trump any sane framework. That's whats happening now a days. Frameworks dictate to present a common unified history accepting the weaknesses of followers and actions of reverent personalities and accept their goodness and work done by them to strengthen Islam.

We can accept Abu Bakr, Umar Usman weaknesses but there actions strengthend Islam, expanded it and made it a dominate force. yet the other side to this day admonish all their goods and present them as usurpers and villains of the story. Despite Hazrat Ali (RA) making the reconciliations with all Sahaabis

Why should it matter to you, or me, or anyone, who the Shia choose to follow as their role models?

As long as they follow we have no problem. Problem arises when they began indiscriminate abusing,belittling, of major personalities in Sunnisim and while doing all of that, Presenting them selves as the only true form of Islam they are following while we Sunnis are somekind of hypocrites

The history provide the ideological base to everyone. Shias and Sunnis. Did you know in your entire life that this happened ? About this exact Hadith in Sahih Bukhari ?
I was never raised to differentiate....

We were warned about things that will cause us to despute...Now if people who heed the warning and still baaz nai aai....ALLAH will deal with them....

AS PER MY OPINION.....nothing we say will change anyone's made up mind set relating to history...coz we cant prove nor disprove it!

Their is no such thing as History for each person his perspective on events of past is history

I was never raised to differentiate....

We were warned about things that will cause us to despute...Now if people who heed the warning and still baaz nai aai....ALLAH will deal with them....

AS PER MY OPINION.....nothing we say will change anyone's made up mind set relating to history...coz we cant prove nor disprove it!

Allah Is dealing with muslims. As per Surah Al Anam Ayah number 65 ,,, Infighting among groups, One strong group being imposed another group for violence is sign of the azab

Surah Al-An'am - The Noble Qur'an - القرآن الكريم

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL

Say, "He is the [one] Able to send upon you affliction from above you or from beneath your feet or to confuse you [so you become] sects and make you taste the violence of one another." Look how We diversify the signs that they might understand.

And isnt this happening since the Killing of Hazrat Usman (RA) ?

Their is no such thing as History for each person his perspective on events of past is history

Sunnis should told their children about the controversial aspects of histroy written in our own books instead of finding out from other sources. This is what corrupts our minds later on. Instead of praising and presenting all is well picture of that era. One should be taught grey areas of that history as well just as Shias teach such history to their children as they attain puberty

Allah Is dealing with muslims. As per Surah Al Anam Ayah number 65 ,,, Infighting among groups, One strong group being imposed another group for violence is sign of the azab

Surah Al-An'am - The Noble Qur'an - القرآن الكريم

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL

Say, "He is the [one] Able to send upon you affliction from above you or from beneath your feet or to confuse you [so you become] sects and make you taste the violence of one another." Look how We diversify the signs that they might understand.

And isnt this happening since the Killing of Hazrat Usman (RA) ?

Sunnis should told their children about the controversial aspects of histroy written in our own books instead of finding out from other sources. This is what corrupts our minds later on. Instead of praising and presenting all is well picture of that era. One should be taught grey areas of that history as well just as Shias teach such history to their children as they attain puberty
Well if you want to talk about controversial events than you will find not much in our books but why don't we start from incident of Karbala ?

Back
Top Bottom