What's new

Sufism/ Tasawuf (Islamic mysticism)

Spirituality vs Worldly desire. This is a constant battle for any human. Muslim needs to prioritize spirituality increase over his/her worldly desire. Our main task is to worship Allah which is something that our soul (spirit) understand fully. Sufi is the one who acknowledge this and strive for his/her spirituality increase and focus on that.

More than one third of the Islamic literature over 1300 years is on Sufism. Ibn Taymiyya wrote 6 books on Tasawwuf, and his student ibn al qayyim al jawziyya wrote one of the most famous

Do you read Tafsir Ibn Kathir ? Do you know Imam Ibn Kathir, student of ibn taymiyya was a Sufi?

And ibn taymiyya himself clamed to be a Qadiri Sufi.

Can you please name the 6 books written by Ibn Taymiyya n 1 famous book by Ibn Al Qayyim and provide links to download same in Urdu or English?

Also if you can provide proofs that ibn taymiiyya was a Qadiri Sufi n ibn Kathir was also Sufis to produce same to some staunch Salafist brothers who reject even pure Islamic Tasawwuf but follower of Ibn Taymiyya literature.

Why is my thread on Pakistani nationalism banned for being religious in nature and this thread is allowed?

Selective much!!

Your welcome brother,

Ya, I will try to find it inshaAllah, particularly any text or article in English. Thank you for the information.

I will suggest to read few below books:
1. Tafseer Tafheemul Quran - Syed Abul Ala Maududi
2. Tafseer Bayanul Quran - Dr.Israr Ahmed

I will suggest to read few below books:
1. Tafseer Tafheemul Quran - Syed Abul Ala Maududi
2. Tafseer Bayanul Quran - Dr.Israr Ahmed

Thanks for the suggestion but I hope there is English article that I can read.

Back
Top Bottom