What's new

Sufism/ Tasawuf (Islamic mysticism)

IMG_6431.JPG

Guys, i'm studying a book called the beginning of Guidance by Imam Ghazali. The Arabic name is Bidayat al Hidayah. It is not a very long book but I feel it's an essential read for all Muslims. He describes the steps to closeness to Allah wonderfully.

If we could even just take a step on that journey, we'd already be better people.

Here is a PDF - https://archive.org/details/BeginningOfGuidance

for those who can buy it, i recommend it highly.

Forgive my ignorance but the images of suffisms, where they are twirling; to them is considered a prayer. Isnt that borderline against the teachings of Islam.

Forgive my ignorance but the images of suffisms, where they are twirling; to them is considered a prayer. Isnt that borderline against the teachings of Islam.
The whole "Sufism" is borderline. All of it!
It's called a wolf in sheeps clothing. Every superstition that Islam came to destroy every inclination on material objects or people having inordinate power or ability to subjugate others has been masterfully perfected in Sufism. Dzikr Allah SWT has been changed from Salah to devotional music, chanting/twirling etc.

Prophet ﷺ saw his prayer as a source of tranquility. When telling Bilal (ra) to pronounce the adhan (call to prayer), he said, “O Bilal, give us rest with it.” [Abu Dawud]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom