What's new

Is tide turning finally ? Angry mob sets ablaze house of Lashkar operative in Kashmir

munsi saab, the math does not add up. Every rally/recruitment drive has certain target, dont tell me punjabis going around and applying in tamilnadu. If India is 30 punjabs and they recruit equal numbers we will have 3 punjabis in each 97 non punjabi, imagining every punjabi to be sikh (they are actually 60 percent but lets say all recruited from punjab are sikhs).
so if we are recruiting 12 more from punjab, its at expense of somewhere else. The fact that all of 2.7 crore punjabis applied and found eligible has no bearing on what I am saying.

No there is no target here. The Sikhs don't go around and apply in rallies held in every state. They apply in rallies held in whichever region they happen to live in. You're using leaky maths here my friend.

No there is no target here. The Sikhs don't go around and apply in rallies held in every state. They apply in rallies held in whichever region they happen to live in. You're using leaky maths here my friend.
changed the numbers ... only considering big states now. see again :)
no targets? was not there a news about rally in kashmir where they targetted 7.5 k and 10k turned up?

How unbiased "occupation troops" :coffee:

These sorts of figures have been disproven, at least they're not claiming the usual 700,000 figure that seems to be the go to for these sort of fools.

You really think 1/2 the IA is deployed in JK? I trust you have some sort of intellect.....

It is well accepted that the lion's share of India's troops are stationed on the western front. As to how many are stationed in Kashmir, supported by para-military and other forces, is open to debate.

These figures are provided by this group in Kashmir. Indian army would have their numbers.

Ahemmm..a large part of those troops are stationed at the borders and not within the valley, of course we station a large number of troops at said border after all we have such loving neighbors.

As to the alleged crimes committed by certain members of the armed forces, despite AFSPA we still punish them under military law (data and stats for which are also available). Something that our neighboring nation can't even dream of doing no matter how hoarse the cries maybe whether today or in the past, lest the 111th pay the poor fellows "in charge" a visit.

Of course consider that the whole IA northern command (XIV, XV, XVI corps) doesn't have that many (500,000) soldiers. Now would we be counting Reserve police forces in that count too? The only troops in the valley are from the RR (which again doesn't have a fraction of the number).

What I wrote above. Regardless of the actual numbers, the fact remains that a significant military presence is maintained in Kashmir.

Kindly give us a fair 3 rd person source link..

This is a Kashmiri source. Like I wrote, the official numbers claimed by the Indian army would be less.

Just as a question.. who else ran this apart from ToI?

After all, one starts questioning ToI after they report accurate details of a supposedly top secret intelligence operation in another country. "The Hindu" is a much more ethical and trustworthy source for news IMHO.

It doesn't matter what I think.

What matters here is what the Kashmiris think and many of them don't want to be with India.

If they dont want to be in India,they can find another place.

Times have changed
Army is not even 10 th most saught after profession among sikhs now

Sadly

Effect also can seen in the Army .Considerable shortage of Army officers.

This is a Kashmiri source. Like I wrote, the official numbers claimed by the Indian army would be less.[/quote]

2,300 people only liked crescent magazine , assuming all were Kashmiris ...
This itself discredits the source,..

For those interested:- @Abingdonboy @Vinod2070 @he-man @Developereo

The sanctioned strength of the Jammu and Kashmir Police stands at 68,125. The police to population ratio is 133.
(Press Information Bureau English Releases)

Next the paramilitary forces deployed there, there are 86,260 people from the paramil forces deployed in the whole state of J&K.
(JK spends Rs 2 400 cr on central forces Lastupdate:- Thu, 16 Jun 2011 18:30:00 GMT GreaterKashmir.com)

Now the army has close to 3,37,000 soldiers deployed in totality in and around J&K, the VAST majority of whom are deployed at the LOC and AGPL, if someone wishes to argue this then please tell us who is actually guarding the AGPL and if they are mostly policing the valley then how has your brave army not crossed the AGPL and annexed the state of J&K already?

That leaves the RR, which has a sanctioned strength of 65 battalions of a 1000 soldiers each. That amounts to 65,000 RR troops.

These deployments are for the complete state, and not just for the Kashmir Valley. For example, the Rashtriya Rifles units are deployed as Counter Insurgency Force (CIF)- R in Rajouri and Poonch, CIF-D in Doda, CIF-V in Anantnag, Pulwama and Badgam, CIF-K in Kupwara, Baramulla and Srinagar, and CIF-U in Udhampur and Banihal. Kashmir Valley, or the Vale of Kashmir, forms just 7 percent of the area of the state of Jammu and Kashmir.

This in a region that encompasses 220,000 sq. Km.

Large enough to require an occupation force of half a million Indian troops.

Indian report confirms hundreds of occupation troops indulged in torture in Kashmir, Crescent-Online.net, Crescent Magazine

India maintains an estimated 500,000 occupation troops in Kashmir

Screenshot (30).png

Crescent International - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Crescent International was originally a local Pakistani community paper in Toronto,

nuff said :coffee::coffee::coffee:

If they dont want to be in India,they can find another place.

Effect also can seen in the Army .Considerable shortage of Army officers.

Sadly waning of interest among sikhs did not coincide with increase interest among other communities.

But due to recent increase in pay structure,things are looking up and may change in a couple of years for the better

After all, one starts questioning ToI after they report accurate details of a supposedly top secret intelligence operation in another country. "The Hindu" is a much more ethical and trustworthy source for news IMHO.

The hindu is a communist newspaper - one wouldn't expect any positive Indian news from them.

Indian express is the paper u wanna get if u want to read a good indian paper without leftist propaganda of hindu and typical page 3 bullshit of toi and hindustan times.

Btw I love the dawn,especially the website version looks very sophisticated:)

I wonder what the situation will be with Modi in power? Hurriyat's days of attending dinner in delhi with Pakistani Foreign Ministers are over. Now they are faking news about meetings between emissaries of Modi and them.

For those interested:- @Abingdonboy @Vinod2070 @he-man @Developereo

The sanctioned strength of the Jammu and Kashmir Police stands at 68,125. The police to population ratio is 133.
(Press Information Bureau English Releases)

Next the paramilitary forces deployed there, there are 86,260 people from the paramil forces deployed in the whole state of J&K.
(JK spends Rs 2 400 cr on central forces Lastupdate:- Thu, 16 Jun 2011 18:30:00 GMT GreaterKashmir.com)

Now the army has close to 3,37,000 soldiers deployed in totality in and around J&K, the VAST majority of whom are deployed at the LOC and AGPL, if someone wishes to argue this then please tell us who is actually guarding the AGPL and if they are mostly policing the valley then how has your brave army not crossed the AGPL and annexed the state of J&K already?

That leaves the RR, which has a sanctioned strength of 65 battalions of a 1000 soldiers each. That amounts to 65,000 RR troops.

These deployments are for the complete state, and not just for the Kashmir Valley. For example, the Rashtriya Rifles units are deployed as Counter Insurgency Force (CIF)- R in Rajouri and Poonch, CIF-D in Doda, CIF-V in Anantnag, Pulwama and Badgam, CIF-K in Kupwara, Baramulla and Srinagar, and CIF-U in Udhampur and Banihal. Kashmir Valley, or the Vale of Kashmir, forms just 7 percent of the area of the state of Jammu and Kashmir.

This in a region that encompasses 220,000 sq. Km.
Oh dear, not logic backed up by cold hear facts

Back
Top Bottom