What's new

Angry mob surrounds a Chinese citizen they have falsely accused of blasphemy in Pakistan

The Chinese engineer should respect the customs and cultures of the local people and respect the law of the land. Pakistan is not a sweatshop.
Customs and culture can't be used as a shield for not doing work or for going slow. How about taking 20% pay cut for doing work in the Ramzan month or unless we want to shut down the country for a month and sit at home. Employer is responsible for the well being of the employee at work on the other hand employee have to perform at work what they get paid for.

Will this man want to work in Pakistan or with Pakistanis again? That's the question. When he goes back to China,what will he tell his colleagues and friends? The Pakistani government should be thinking of that. Because if your best ally,China is treated like that even on a personal level,that has diplomatic consequences.

Will this man want to work in Pakistan or with Pakistanis again? That's the question. When he goes back to China,what will he tell his colleagues and friends? The Pakistani government should be thinking of that. Because if your best ally,China is treated like that even on a personal level,that has diplomatic consequences.
One local is offering prayer probably a driver but Chinese told him for work, Chinese technicians must know about local religion and practices before they start work.

Even this is the responsibility of Pakistani Govt to teach basic things about Pakistan and Islam to foreign workers.

What did he exactly say? the report only mentioned he scolded a worker for dodging work under the pretext of Ramadan, but didn't say how he insulted the religion.

Its expected some foreign workers or tourists will say or commit actions against the customs and traditions of that country so police should take action by warning them, fine or arrest etc.

But these type of mob gatherings are terrifying, some dirty political people take advantage and may cause harm etc.

One local is offering prayer probably a driver but Chinese told him for work, Chinese technicians must know about local religion and practices before they start work.

Even this is the responsibility of Pakistani Govt to teach basic things about Pakistan and Islam to foreign workers.

How is that blasphemy then? Even if he says why are you keeping fast or says break your fast, its not blashphemy, you simply say no or leave your job. Just how people misuse racism, discrimination at work, the same way people are using misusing blashphemy laws.

Let’s not blow this single incident out of all proportion. American cia contractor few years back shot and killed Punjabi Pakistans on Pakistan streets: he was quietly hushed out of country this Chinese chap will be gone. Probably it will be a good idea in future to give foreign workers working in Pakistan a quick crash course on local sensitive customs!

Customs and culture can't be used as a shield for not doing work or for going slow. How about taking 20% pay cut for doing work in the Ramzan month or unless we want to shut down the country for a month and sit at home. Employer is responsible for the well being of the employee at work on the other hand employee have to perform at work what they get paid for.

Do you know the details of the event that occured?

The Chinese engineer should respect the customs and cultures of the local people and respect the law of the land. Pakistan is not a sweatshop.
Chutyia mulk hai. It's as if blasphemy sirf pakistan mai hoti hai and we deserve the right to kill innocent people.

just let the mobs stone the guy into a bloody pile of goo so we can have the justification to pull out from Pakistan, CPEC is going nowhere. Maintaining a working relationship with Pakistan military is more than enough to keep India in check

Will this man want to work in Pakistan
can't have ribs or bacons, what do you think?

It is a sensitive and a serious topic that riles people, who in their anger would behed and burn people alive. All these foreign chinese workers should be given instructions on these matters before giving visas. No person deserves what happened to that Sri Lankan manager who just tore down a poster which had Koranic verses.
people should be educatred..... not every single thing is a blasphemy and even then it must be the state who should pursue these cases. at berst, you should be allowed to file the complain against such person, no more! The thing is most of the time people who call someone a balsphemer knows that they are rtelling a lie but they have a score to settle.
I have seen such cases first hand, a priest in my village was accused of disrespecting the prophet by the Imam of our village, He made a very convincing and emotional speech which got people angey and mob walked towards the priest`s house. they draged him out and started to beat him up. My father is one of the three/ four eldermen the village has and he got there and stopped it moments before they would have killed him. gave him some water and after sometime when he was inquired on the matter, no blasphemy was found. Now when people started asing the imam, he said i never said anything about a blasphemy even though the entire village listened to his speech through mosque speekers. He was fired from imamat and after that such cases has never happened there. Imam had a personal beef with the priest regarding a land aquisition and he used his religion to gert him out of the way! In the wrong hands, blasphemy laws are used to suppress the poor and the weak!

I dont have any soft corners for these people who use religion for their personal gains!

I want to know what he said

The Pakistani government must guarantee the legitimate rights and interests of Chinese citizens and the safety of their lives and property,

the mob is irrational.

I've heard people say that Indians are usually seen as moderate, but when they get large numbers, they turn into mobs, extreme violence. Killing, raping, killing with all kinds of extremely cruel means, seems to be venting dissatisfaction with their own lives, irrational venting.

A few years ago, the Afghan rioters in Kabul cruel killed a woman, reason is also being claimed her blasphemy against god,
As I said at the time, they were just venting their dissatisfaction with life, and this poor woman was their punching bag
There have also been incidents in China where street mobs attacked owners of Japanese brand cars, causing serious injuries to the victims and heavy sentences for the murderers. He just took advantage of the protests to vent his anger in life.
yeah definitely, All chinese citizens must be protected especially those who are working on such critical projects as dams which will decide the future of this nation! There is already a special security team for all chinese under the dsp police but i think more needs to done!

I just love how the story of a minor religious and cultural misunderstanding by a Chinese manager (which will be settled by Pakistani authorities in due course) is picked up by Hindutva folks and made into a mountain from a molehill. Hindutvas jumping with joy because they can celebrate a minor conflict between anyone Chinese and the Pakistani populace.

Too many bhakts with too much time on their hands.

Chinese business folks don't get arrested in India, their bank accounts and life's savings get taken over and they get deported. That is - Chinese folks naïve enough to invest in India.

Meanwhile in India - Hindutva folks are routinely demolishing mosques, banning Muslims from praying in their own Eidgah and even stopping Azans to be let out from mosque speakers (even at low-low volume).

Try to get an apt. rental as a Muslim in Delhi, Mumbai or any large city in India, other than the Muslim ghetto - and see how far you get. I've seen these with my own eyes. I'd never be able to live as a Muslim in India, such is the low level of lifestyle caused by constant harassment and intimidation as a Muslim.

400 angry men gathered ready to harm someone because 2 either dishonest or seriously oversensitive workers said something. A police station attacked and military called out. The man taken elsewhere for his own protection. This kind of mob reaction has happened far too often before. To you it's just a cultural misunderstanding? What do the many things wrong in India have to with this mess and the ridiculous blasphemy laws and obsession with a huge part of the population with religion?

how would you answer a Pakistani who criticised the situation.

Bara bara chutia dekha hain but Pakistanio ka to level he alag ha kasam sa. I mean out of all the wrongs happening with Pakistan today, we decide to come out only on Blasphemy? We deserve every bit of what is happening with us today.

How can Modi's Rakhel miss any such news on Pakistan.

Considering more than half your threads and posts are purely India related ( nothing to do with defence ) , what does this say about you ? :p:

But seriously, I won't accuse you of being anyone's mistress. Who will want such old, rotten wine ? :sick:

Back
Top Bottom